Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Replies

• madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Thanks for trying to fix the picture ;everyone! Silly Facebook -

I changed it to my profile picture so you can see it there ;)

I am walking good, a bit stiff - last time I did it I got sick right after so I don't know exactly what recovery time is, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!!!' ;)
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Arrseegee did the first post and Lilbeesmommy did the second.

Yep, knew I was missing something! Lol

I'm so nervous for today!!!!!

Yeeeeeech no way could I even think about 17 miles!!

Did Week 10 Day 2 (Zen Labs) today and it was much easier on a totally flat course - 7.8 km all up. I felt like an olympian :)
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    I couldn't get a GPS signal today so I just went out to enjoy my run. It was strange running without any feedback but..... 8km in 54 minutes, 6 minutes faster than my previous best, and 35 seconds per km faster than my usual easy run pace. I think my weight lifting is finally paying off!
  • madmiss
    I have found some new muscles in some new places. Places I didn't even know I had!!!! Happy lactic Sunday! Owey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My everything hurts ;(
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Congrats madmiss, romy & arrseegee on your runs!

LOL @ lactic acid Sunday. :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    My wife & I did two loops at the Sawnee Mountain trail this morning. Each loop goes about 2 miles up one side of the mountain 2 miles down the other side. Garmin said it was 800 ft elevation gain but I think it's a little less than that. Going down was tricky because the north-facing slope still has quite a bit of ice. I slipped once but caught myself. That was our first time there and we really loved the trail. Very technical and challenging.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Hey all! Congrats on all the great runs I see you've gotten in! I had a 17 mile training run scheduled with a girlfriend for today and got there early and knocked out 3 miles ahead of time so I could get 20 miles in. Got to 18.5 and hubby called. Doh! I had to rush home because we thought FIL had to be picked up from the hospital. Then that was delayed. So I jumped on the treadmill and finished my last 1.5 miles!! 20 miles ✅

(Side note if you're the praying type, just got FIL home from hospital after having a moderate stroke. MIL is recovering from a stem cell/bone marrow transplant needed for leukemia. They will both have some limitations for awhile. Prayers desperately appreciated. I know we'll get through it with Christ on our side, but it seems overwhelming right now! Thanks!!!)
  • madmiss
    So sorry to hear that lilbee - sending healing thoughts your families way.... Can't believe you did all that extra running, you are a trooper!!

Sounds great fun Tim!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I have found some new muscles in some new places. Places I didn't even know I had!!!! Happy lactic Sunday! Owey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My everything hurts ;(

Ice bath.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Madmiss: you're a gem! Thanks dear!

Ice bath.

Like I already said once today "Ice baths sound awesome in theory. They aren't actually that awesome. Then you're done. Then they kind of are." Also this: they really do work. I've been out running errands and walking around all day with very minor stiffness and discomfort after 20 miles today. Do it.

Lastly... It's #SundayFundayRunday! Ha. ????
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I wasn't able to work my running plan, but got a jantastic mile in. It's great discipline to not totally blow off a day because running is impossible. I can find 15 minutes to do a mile somewhere.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    I wasn't able to work my running plan, but got a jantastic mile in. It's great discipline to not totally blow off a day because running is impossible. I can find 15 minutes to do a mile somewhere.

Great attitude, I'm going to remember that! Sometimes if I don't have at least an hour plus shower time free I don't go

Week 10 finished today. I really felt the effect of doing two days back to back, my calfs and shins were on fire for the first 15 mins and then it was just plain hard work all round after that. Cannot possibly eat anymore today so I'll be having a wee feast tomorrow to make up for it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    No running for me over the weekend, but I did get in 2 long bike rides- 50 miles on Saturday and 20 miles on Sunday. Despite the wind, had great rides both days. I actually say 2 bald eagles!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Today my wife & I went to a running clinic at a local hospital rehab center. They did some strength and flexibility tests and a video analysis of us on the treadmill. The video from behind confirmed what I was thinking - I am dropping my hip. It only happens on one side. When my right foot is on the ground the left hip drops. That indicates the right hip is weak. Also on the one-legged squat test my right knee tended to dive inwards. So I have some things to work on (even though I've already been working on my hips for a few months). And I was heel striking a lot, but I partially blame that on the treadmill. It makes me run unnaturally.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    I with all of those that have a hard time to find time to run...

stole 30 minutes tonight....3.24 miles @ average of 9:16ish

5 minute warmup cool down @ 10:00

4 sets of 3 minutes @ 7:40, 2 minutes @ 10:00

speedwork is very tiring
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Did two one mile recovery runs tonight. One right after another with a two minute break at home to check on supper (lol). After 20 miles yesterday the first quarter mile felt like death would be easier. After that it was okay and now I feel looser so that's always good. Mile one was 12:43 and mile two 11:11. Glad it's done. Tomorrow it should be back to work as usual.

Got my running spreadsheet finished today! 235.5 miles for the year, 99 MTD. On my way towards my goal of 2014 miles this year.

Unless it's a rest day, make a commitment to make yourself a priority tomorrow! Get your run in! Cross train! Go do it!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I couldn't get a GPS signal today so I just went out to enjoy my run. It was strange running without any feedback but..... 8km in 54 minutes, 6 minutes faster than my previous best, and 35 seconds per km faster than my usual easy run pace. I think my weight lifting is finally paying off!

Great run and time!
  • PaytraB
    Hey all! Congrats on all the great runs I see you've gotten in! I had a 17 mile training run scheduled with a girlfriend for today and got there early and knocked out 3 miles ahead of time so I could get 20 miles in. Got to 18.5 and hubby called. Doh! I had to rush home because we thought FIL had to be picked up from the hospital. Then that was delayed. So I jumped on the treadmill and finished my last 1.5 miles!! 20 miles ✅

(Side note if you're the praying type, just got FIL home from hospital after having a moderate stroke. MIL is recovering from a stem cell/bone marrow transplant needed for leukemia. They will both have some limitations for awhile. Prayers desperately appreciated. I know we'll get through it with Christ on our side, but it seems overwhelming right now! Thanks!!!)

Sorry to hear about the in-laws, lilbee! I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Congrats on the great run. Wow......20 miles! That's awesome!.
  • PaytraB

You've got such a great attitude. You don't know how many times it's kept me going and given me that final ounce of energy to just go do it.
  • PaytraB
    No running for me over the weekend, but I did get in 2 long bike rides- 50 miles on Saturday and 20 miles on Sunday. Despite the wind, had great rides both days. I actually say 2 bald eagles!

Nice bike rides. Seeing eagles makes it really special.