Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Replies

• bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    I had an awesome track run tonight. I ran 5 miles in 50:29!!!!! I ran 3.1 in right about 30 minutes! I was really concentrating on keeping my cadence up and maintaining a steady even pace except for the end when I kicked it. It's funny, but once I got down to 11 laps left I felt like I was on a downhill slide with not that much farther to go. Just a year ago one mile WAS the goal I thought I might never reach. Tonight it was "almost done", "only" one mile left. LOL!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    I had an awesome track run tonight. I ran 5 miles in 50:29!!!!! I ran 3.1 in right about 30 minutes! I was really concentrating on keeping my cadence up and maintaining a steady even pace except for the end when I kicked it. It's funny, but once I got down to 11 laps left I felt like I was on a downhill slide with not that much farther to go. Just a year ago one mile WAS the goal I thought I might never reach. Tonight it was "almost done", "only" one mile left. LOL!

Awesome run there!! Great job!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member

Totally awesome!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Thankfully, Snowmaggedon II passed us by with not so much as a snowflake! (YAY!!!!) Stay warm, friends!

I got to the gym about a bit early for my Boot Camp class, so I got in almost 3 miles on the indoor track. Good run! The second time a guy passed me, I tried to keep up with him, so picked up my pace considerably for the last 1/2 mile or so.

I even got a compliment from a fellow runner. She is training for a local 1/2 taking place in April. She asked me if I was in the training group for the 1/2 and told me I looked good running and had a good pace. (She is also in my boot camp class.) They are trying to talk me into doing a Warrior Dash in May. Thinking about it even though my MS 150 ride is mid-April. The issue will be talking my DH into spending more money to do events like that. (For the MS 150, I'm taking 3 days off work and driving 10 hours one way to get there. I will at least not have to pay for lodging as I will be staying with friends and relatives. Warrior Dash would involve a 4 hour drive one way and an overnight stay in a motel.)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    I will catch up on reading thread later tonight...glad to be back, long two weeks without a run and busy with work that it has consumed up almost every bit of free time i have...

ran speed work tonight....

2.7 miles in about 26 minutes

5 minute warmup and cool down (9:40ish)
    7 X 0:50 Max Pace (around 6:00) and 1:30 jogging (about 11:00)

felt faster tonight even with the long layoff...thought about easing back in, but it felt great and wasn't too hard. Felt like I had more speed in me, but app wanted me at 7:40 for max, but i pushed it.

Anyway, I hope to get all caught up with the haps!
  • bttrthanevr
    Thankfully, Snowmaggedon II passed us by with not so much as a snowflake! (YAY!!!!) Stay warm, friends!

I got to the gym about a bit early for my Boot Camp class, so I got in almost 3 miles on the indoor track. Good run! The second time a guy passed me, I tried to keep up with him, so picked up my pace considerably for the last 1/2 mile or so.

I even got a compliment from a fellow runner. She is training for a local 1/2 taking place in April. She asked me if I was in the training group for the 1/2 and told me I looked good running and had a good pace. (She is also in my boot camp class.) They are trying to talk me into doing a Warrior Dash in May. Thinking about it even though my MS 150 ride is mid-April. The issue will be talking my DH into spending more money to do events like that. (For the MS 150, I'm taking 3 days off work and driving 10 hours one way to get there. I will at least not have to pay for lodging as I will be staying with friends and relatives. Warrior Dash would involve a 4 hour drive one way and an overnight stay in a motel.)

We really need to get our spouses addicted to this stuff, don't we? It would make life much easier! LOL!
  • bttrthanevr
    I will catch up on reading thread later tonight...glad to be back, long two weeks without a run and busy with work that it has consumed up almost every bit of free time i have...

ran speed work tonight....

2.7 miles in about 26 minutes

5 minute warmup and cool down (9:40ish)
    7 X 0:50 Max Pace (around 6:00) and 1:30 jogging (about 11:00)

felt faster tonight even with the long layoff...thought about easing back in, but it felt great and wasn't too hard. Felt like I had more speed in me, but app wanted me at 7:40 for max, but i pushed it.

Anyway, I hope to get all caught up with the haps!

Sounds awesome, Joe. Glad you are back!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    GO BETH!!!!!! that's awesome!

GO CECI!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! I bet you feel so good :) So cool!

Go Joe & Tim!!!

I'm taking it easy - had a 2 mile run in the cold on Tuesday with the run group and I'm done till the half on Saturday!!!!! :) Now I'm just drinking, trying to up my fluid intake (the proper stuff, not the crown royal, even though I'm doing that too lol) and carbo loading! What a great excuse for the week to eat pasta and mexican food and deliciousness within my calorie range! LOL
  • likitisplit
    I'm going to respectfully ignore any recent research on the validity of carbo loading because I do it too. Why be a runner if you don't have an excuse to gorge on pasta???
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I'm going to respectfully ignore any recent research on the validity of carbo loading because I do it too. Why be a runner if you don't have an excuse to gorge on pasta???

I run for beer! (That's carbs, right?)

:drinker:
  • likitisplit
    Carbs AND hydration
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Treadmill running....blah, blah, blah. I didn't run Monday because my right calf was cramping, and I didn't run Tuesday because I didn't feel well. Did 3 miles last night (my normal Wednesday run) and another mile tonight so I can meet my Jantastic commitment for the week. Will get run #3 in this weekend. The fastest I've run on the treadmill, and only for a very short distance, is 5.5 (with a 1.0 incline). I tried to run 6.0 tonight (with no incline) and only made it half a mile before dropping back to 5.5. Still, it's progress. I ran after my trainer workout and I like to think I would have made it the full mile if I hadn't started out already tired.:smile:

Jason told me tonight to do a shorter long run this weekend - only go 6 or 7 miles. I don't think he could figure out why I started laughing. For me it's a total NSV that he told me to "only" run 6 or 7 miles.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Umm... What is going on here? Lol. I think my brain just exploded trying to understand this thread... Is it simply whatever you have on your mind? Confused. No judgement. #newkidprobs
  • madmiss
    Happy Valentines day everyone!!! T minus 24 hours till one of the biggest moments ever :) I am thinking I am going to want a 13.1 tattoo pretty quickly after Saturday :)

Lilbee - it's mostly all about our training and exercise on our 10k+ schedules and everything related (and some things non-related)...
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Thanks madmiss, I was also a bit confused!

I'm on week 10 now, have completed run 1 (3 x 15 mins). I found the second half of the third 15 min run really hard, I ran slower than I ever have before and was absolutely wiped out by the end of it! Ran about 7km, which is what I'd done in 40 mins last week, however I am thrilled that I didn't quit early (was very tempted). Will do the next 3x15 set tomorrow or Sunday.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Happy Valentines day everyone!!! T minus 24 hours till one of the biggest moments ever :) I am thinking I am going to want a 13.1 tattoo pretty quickly after Saturday :)

Good luck on your half!!

I've been a total sloth the past few days. The storm really threw me out of my routine. I haven't run since Tuesday and haven't been to the gym all week. But I think I needed a break with nagging pains in my knee and feet. Sunday will be my next run - going to tackle Sawnee Mountain for the first time. Next week I'll get back on track.
  • likitisplit
    Wasn't able to run yesterday, so I got up early and hit the TM this morning. Rawr.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Oh okay, thanks! I'll try to check in here as much as I can.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Taking my son and the kids I nanny out for a run today. Should be interesting. I know my kiddo (3) can run as he runs with me regularly, the kids I nanny are 9 and 11. They should all be happy it's above 40* right?! Lol.

Tomorrow I have a 5k with the race company I rep; 3WRaces and then Sunday a 17-mile training run. Praying the course/trails have been plowed!

Good luck everyone with your health & fitness goals today! ????????????
  • likitisplit
    Hard core, B! Do you have any interest in doing a marathon in the next couple years?

PS - I'll be sure to put in an explanation of this thread the next time it rolls. :)
  • madmiss
    Thanks madmiss, I was also a bit confused!

I'm on week 10 now, have completed run 1 (3 x 15 mins). I found the second half of the third 15 min run really hard, I ran slower than I ever have before and was absolutely wiped out by the end of it! Ran about 7km, which is what I'd done in 40 mins last week, however I am thrilled that I didn't quit early (was very tempted). Will do the next 3x15 set tomorrow or Sunday.

Welcome!!!

So I am a little confused - you say in this post (above) you are doing 3 x 15 minute runs, but then in the next post you say you are doing a 17-mile (yikes awesome) training run --and have a super great hard core time for a 7k! (so why are you training all the way back at such a low increment in time/distance)? Sorry maybe I'm missing something, or I'm having a blonde day!