General Discussion :D

Options
14567810»

Replies

• TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Feeling alot better today..got my Level 2 shred in this morning and am realizing that my eating REALLY effects the way I feel..so monitoring exactly what Im putting in..

Hope all have a great day!
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Evening All :)

Sarah - so sorry you are struggling at the moment, FWIW i totally agree with lobster...you are doing so well and your logging of food and exercise in such a healthy way :smile: Totally get how scary the scale creep is though - do you think it is related to the mood swings? Have you come round to cycle days 14-20 again yet to see if that makes a difference? I recently read a pinterest article on bloat and they suggested ( apparently a Jillian Michaels suggestion) that a 60oz drink of water with sugar free cranberry juice, dandelion root tea and lemon juice daily was good for getting rid of it. I haven't tried it myself so can't attest to its effectiveness :huh:

Great that you have started feeling a bit better though, fingers crossed that the monitoring will help you understand what makes you feel good - and hopefully you'll have your bodpod experience soon :happy:

Lobster - fabulous that you started Monday on such a good note :happy: how has the rest of the week been? How are you getting on with your new workouts now you've finished the 6w6p? Hope all is good with you :bigsmile:

How is everyone else doing?

Good here, finally stopped feeling sick Yay! Doing ok i think, struggling with the lack of routine during the school holidays (and the being out so much near nice cafes and restaurants and ice-cream stalls isn't helping! :tongue: ) but i'm up and down the same 2lbs so managing to maintain just about so far! Trying to be as active as possible during the day and get my workouts in where i can. I can definitely feel my clothes are that little bit tighter though so must keep up with the strength training!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy day :happy: Di
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Di, Ice Cream sounds so lovely..that is one thing I miss being dairy free..although frozen banannas are quite good and generally hit "the spot"..but some days..ya just crave that ice cream.

Thank you all for the kind words..my DH says I shouldnt wallow..Ill be honest..I do..and Ive struggled with low self esteem for as long as I can remember..I dont have that deep depressing feeling I get in my 14-ish range..it was just a funk..coupled with a painful case of bloat..hence me only having a protein shake last night for supper...I will have to try that tea..someone else had mentioned cranberry juice for a slew of health benefits..unsweetened of course.

I feel pretty good today..no bloat..water weight seems to be dissapating..I was indulging the last week-2 weeks in some sweets..which I havent these past few days..know sugar always makes me feel like caca..but I have a bad sweet tooth! ugh!

I went home at lunch and did Cardio Kickbox..apparently I cannot exercise 12 hours before the Bod Pod..so tomorrow will be my rest day..not eating 3 hours out either..at least it'll give me a gauge on where Im at..DH ismaking alot of schedualing changes to make this happen..hes pretty supportive..sometimes..:)

Hope all have a great great day!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    missed two days f workouts this weekend..but got to the Bod Pod..16.5%..Im very happy..gives me hope to not freak out over fluctuations in the scale and that what Im doing is WORKING! Happy Monday all!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I am still plugging away at the JM dvd. I have also added a mile challenge this month 50 miles walk or run. Not too much of a stretch because I walk in the evenings with my friend and usually do a long walk on Saturdays.But... I have to fit it in....between the morning DVD's and my two days a week at the gym.

I am at my goal and maintaining as of this week..... I think my key was added protein and a little extra push with exercise. But that could change next week...LOL
  • lobster888
    Options
    So , I know I have been talking about my vacation for awhile but its finally here! - We leave Friday morning for the Beach in Florida!!

I feel like the next four days are from the biggest loser - last chance workout!!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • lobster888
    Options
    I changed by profile pic to share with all of you....it won't stay long. This is all my hard work with JM.
  • erical78
    erical78 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I haven't posted in a while, but check in every so often to see how everyone is doing. I finished Body Revolution last week after taking a couple of weeks off due to being sick and then vacation. Those last few workouts in Phase 3 were killers!

About a month or so ago, I started adding in some weightlifting routines. So I was doing JM in the morning, weights at night. Between this and IIFYM, the scale is finally moving down. I still want to lose another 16-20 pounds, so I hope the scale continues on its downward trend. :)

After finishing BR, I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to do in the mornings. I decided on a rotation of Extreme Shed & Shred, 6 Weeks 6 Pack, No More Trouble Zones, Killer Buns & Thighs, and Hard Body. I just finished that rotation this morning. Hard Body is definitely going to be dropped. It feels like it takes forever and I am not fond of many of the moves in it. I also think NMTZ will be dropped. I just don't have time in the morning to get through it, unless I want to get up at 4:30 am.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like there has been some great results using JM!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Morning!
    been doing Cardio Kickbox and Shred..I did some Ripped in 30 the other day,,it was alright..but I admit..it certainly is not my fave.

Ive been easing back into running..which isnt easy when its 104 degrees out..cooler weather is coming though!

I ordered a Michelle Dozois video, should be here next week..PEak Cardio interval. 5 10 minute sets..mostly cardio..I tried a free 30 minute video I was able to download after joining her mailing list..it was very dancey, but also had some strength type stuff focused on the lower body (being in a static lunge and hopping for example)

Still need to do strength based work sometimes..but Im liking how Im looking right now with more cardio focus.

no dairy going well..only dairy Id added back in was the whey in my protein powder and bars..and I honestly dont use them alot anymore..
  • lobster888
    Options
    I am still here plugging along - I have been doing JM 's for strength training on Mon - Wed - Fri and cardio on Tues - Thurs - Sat. seems to help change things up for me. My eating has been good but I decide to do a Suja Fresh start this week. It's a juice cleanse type with 3 small meals, for three days. I start tomorrow with yesterday and today being really cleaning eating!!! I will let you all know what I think.

Have a happy healthy day!!!