Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Mary, that 70 pound loss is so impressive! I've heard that it is good to let you body settle with a big loss, then start the climb down again. I can't wait to get to 160's, where you and Marney are! And even in the 150's, where Charlie is. I'm dinking around in the 180's. But know I will get there eventually. I'm glad we are in this together. I am going to need some serious help with maintenance and eating more "normally". Marney, I get congested whenever I eat much dairy and notice a difference with sugar as well. I'm drinking almond milk which says that it is higher in calcium than milk. Oh, an still eating yogurt. I think I mentioned that I have been looking into the Blood Type diet, that I'm an A+. I've been impressed with the guidelines because they are in line with what I naturally feel best eating. Mostly vegetarian, chicken fish and turkey, roasted vegetables, whole grains. Staying away from dairy except for yogurt and mozzarella cheese. Only 17 days left in the challenge, if you can believe it!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yeah, it is good to take the long view. I started at over 195 so dinking around in the low 160's isn't so bad. Just wish it would get easier, not harder.

Maintenance worries me too. I discovered turkey tonight. I mean I always eat it for special occasions with lots of other things that add up quickly. Peter has been working at a diet that he has found which is supposed to help his blood sugar. Don't know that it does but he is introducing some new recipes into our dinner and tonight it was turkey tenderloin. (Not sure if I could have convinced him before). I enjoyed it and the calorie count surprised me.

Almond milk is good tasting and high in calcium and yes, milk always made me congested even before I could not drink it. Glad you are aware of calcium Gayle. \I really like almond milk but it is a rare treat here. Not as common in our local stores; at least, after tourist season!

We finished our Christmas shopping today. Hurray! Just have to make one more gift. 17 days? Got to work out an ongoing plan to keep me on the straight path.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Marney, well, so much for dairy. Had a big latte today and pasta with Alfredo sauce for dinner. I love pasta, not so big on pesto, trying to avoid tomatoes. I don't know. The blood type guy says that people just need to be 80% good about the "avoid" items. I guess I can do that one day at a time. Also know that noodles are just as good with soy sauce, vegis, tofu. I am in a weird part of the world I think. Have at least 10 health food grocery stores within 10 miles, most within 2 - 5. Even walmart has almond milk, soy milk and the like. I live in the burbs north of Denver. I have not even started my Christmas shopping. Payday is Friday.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Oh guys! I've been so dumb! When we started talking about BMI in November I messed with my goals and other settings and did not really pay much attention to the fact that my daily calorie limits went up. That was the end of November. My weight has been basically flatlining for a while and was feeling very frustrated. Yesterday I finally realized the problem and changed my settings back. Today I see on the scale that I'm already back on track. Jesh. Talk about self sabotage. Oh man! Live and learn, right?
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for trying out two new recipes: Hungry Girl Fluffy Nutty Zucchini Muffins and Salmon Patties. They both turned out well. My son has been visiting friends for two weeks and looking forward for him to get home on Saturday. Need to eat up all the salmon before then, he hates fish.
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for trying out two new recipes: Hungry Girl Fluffy Nutty Zucchini Muffins and Salmon Patties. They both turned out well. My son has been visiting friends for two weeks and looking forward for him to get home on Saturday. Need to eat up all the salmon before then, he hates fish.

My husband and I like salmon patties.I never know how to figure up the calories on it though since I fry it.You're doing fantastic on your food choices and your water.
    See everyone back on here tomorrow.Good luck on the scales.
    Mary
  • dasher602014
    Options
    I went to see Jersey Boys in Toronto last night. Means we left yesterday afternoon, went to a friends about an hour away, had a early dinner, drove 2 hours from their place, saw to show and then back to stay the night at the friends, then home today. Tired, But well worth getting away from our ice and snow. None in the city.

See you for check in day!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Mary, I just used that cooking spray, fried for 3 minutes per side. The ones I made are 4 from that 14 oz of canned salmon plus one rib of celery, 1 green onion, 1/4 breadcrumbs (I used Italian), 1 tsp olive oil, 1 egg (I used egg beaters, 1/4 cup). It said the calories are right around 200. I'll put the recipe into the mfp calculator and see what it says. I suppose if you use oil in the pan you have to count that too.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Sounds like a fun time Marney!
  • merrygrannie
    Options

Started out 171.5
    Sept 5th-168. 3.5lb loss
    Sept 12th-167. 1 lb loss
    Sept 18-166. 1 lb loss
    Sept 27-166 0lbs lost
    Oct 3-165 1 lb loss
    Oct 10-164 1lb loss
    Oct 17-165 1lb gain
    Oct 24-166 1 lb gain
    Oct 31-162 4 lb loss
    Nov 7th-162.5 .5 gain
    Nov 14th-167.5 5lb gain
    Nov 21st-163.5 4lb loss
    Dec 5th-163.5
    Dec.12-166.5 3lb.gain
    Dec.19-162.5 4 lb.loss
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Start--207
    Sept. 5--205.6
    Sept 12--203
    Sept 19--202.8
    Sept 26--200.9
    Oct. 3rd--199.2
    Oct. 10th-198
    Oct. 17th-198.3
    Oct. 24th-198
    Oct. 31st--194.6
    Nov. 6th -192.6
    Nov. 14th-191.9
    Nov. 21st-191.1
    Nov. 28th-192.5 (up 1.4)
    Dec. 5th - 190.3
    Dec. 12th-188.7 (1.6 down)
    Dec. 19th-187.1 (1.6 down)

Shooting for 185 by Jan.1
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Started out 171.5
    Sept 5th-168. 3.5lb loss
    Sept 12th-167. 1 lb loss
    Sept 18-166. 1 lb loss
    Sept 27-166 0lbs lost
    Oct 3-165 1 lb loss
    Oct 10-164 1lb loss
    Oct 17-165 1lb gain
    Oct 24-166 1 lb gain
    Oct 31-162 4 lb loss
    Nov 7th-162.5 .5 gain
    Nov 14th-167.5 5lb gain
    Nov 21st-163.5 4lb loss
    Dec 5th-163.5
    Dec.12-166.5 3lb.gain
    Dec.19-162.5 4 lb.loss

Good for you Mary!
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Start--207
    Sept. 5--205.6
    Sept 12--203
    Sept 19--202.8
    Sept 26--200.9
    Oct. 3rd--199.2
    Oct. 10th-198
    Oct. 17th-198.3
    Oct. 24th-198
    Oct. 31st--194.6
    Nov. 6th -192.6
    Nov. 14th-191.9
    Nov. 21st-191.1
    Nov. 28th-192.5 (up 1.4)
    Dec. 5th - 190.3
    Dec. 12th-188.7 (1.6 down)
    Dec. 19th-187.1 (1.6 down)

Shooting for 185 by Jan.1

• dasher602014
    Options
    Well done! Gayle just keeps moving along. And Mary, when you put your foot on the gas, you just burn those calories! Impressive. And thanks for the salmon pattie recipe. One that I like but have not perfected.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Started this challenge at 172
    Sept 5th 171 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 12th 169.5 - 1½ lb lost
    Sept 19th 168.5 - 1 lb lost
    Sept 28th 168.5
    Oct. 4th 167.5 - 1 lb lost
    Oct. 10th 167 - .5 lost
    Oct. 17th 167
    Oct. 24th 166 - 1 lb lost
    Oct. 31st 164.5 - 1.5 lb lost
    Nov 7th 166 - 1.5 gain
    Nov 14th 165 - 1 lb lost
    Nov 21st 162 - 3 lbs lost
    Nov 28th 162.5 - .5 lb gain
    Dec 5th 164 - 1.5 lb gain
    Dec 13th 163.5 .5 loss
    Dec 19th 162.5 1 lb loss

(running neck and neck with Mary!)

9.5 lb loss
  • dasher602014
    Options
    love the new photo Gayle!
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Ladies we did it,we all had a loss.Yay us!!! I'm hosting the Christmas meal and fixing goodies and will be sending most of it home with my guests.We'll see how that goes by my weight next Friday.
    Marney,let's hit the 50's together.We're so close.
    Gayle,thanks for the recipe.I've never made mine like that but they sound good.You are doing so good on your weight loss journey.They way you're going you're going to reach your goal of 185 by Jan 1st.Looking forward to sharing that with you.
    Mary
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sorry I have been so quiet lately.

I'm waiting for some files to upload here at work. I'm working on my final project. If I can get this under control, I might take the day after Christmas and next Saturday off. I'm so tired.

I worked over 36 hours last weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun). 18.5 of them overtime. In preparation for that move and because of social commitments, I didn't even start Christmas shopping until this past Tuesday evening! I have it all done and still this one work project. Of course, there is wrapping, but I think there will be a lot of 'bags' this year.

The agency I moved last weekend had an open house in their new space yesterday. I did good, I know, but something did not settle well. I am running slow today and I'm sticking to smoothies for some nourishment.

I'm holding pretty good, but the goal of 155 probably won't happen by New Year's. I keep fluctuating around 157, but can't get below it.

As you all know, I believe stress is at the top of my water retention problems and this has been an extremely stressful couple of weeks. If I could fire everyone who works for me, I would. Instead, I put a smile on my face and do their work for them! Sorry for the vent!

I hope you are all having some fun in preparation for the holiday! I've done some fun things with the granddaughters. Breakfast with Santa. A members' night at the conservatory. A preschool Christmas concert. Then I've had a few dinners with friends and the theater and I went to a wonderful Christmas concert by myself.

I'm hoping for a wonderful and wonder-filled holiday for all of you and a great new year! I'm coming up on my one year mark with MFP. Below is a picture of me from a couple of Christmases ago. Add another 20 to that! The second picture from October is 7 pounds more than I am now. I'm proud of myself for what I have done. It is slow, but I'm going to get there and I'm going to keep it off.
    vfly113cxz44.jpg

Well, back to work!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friends!
    Charlie

56604121.png
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Sorry I have been so quiet lately.

I'm waiting for some files to upload here at work. I'm working on my final project. If I can get this under control, I might take the day after Christmas and next Saturday off. I'm so tired.

I worked over 36 hours last weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun). 18.5 of them overtime. In preparation for that move and because of social commitments, I didn't even start Christmas shopping until this past Tuesday evening! I have it all done and still this one work project. Of course, there is wrapping, but I think there will be a lot of 'bags' this year.

The agency I moved last weekend had an open house in their new space yesterday. I did good, I know, but something did not settle well. I am running slow today and I'm sticking to smoothies for some nourishment.

I'm holding pretty good, but the goal of 155 probably won't happen by New Year's. I keep fluctuating around 157, but can't get below it.

As you all know, I believe stress is at the top of my water retention problems and this has been an extremely stressful couple of weeks. If I could fire everyone who works for me, I would. Instead, I put a smile on my face and do their work for them! Sorry for the vent!

I hope you are all having some fun in preparation for the holiday! I've done some fun things with the granddaughters. Breakfast with Santa. A members' night at the conservatory. A preschool Christmas concert. Then I've had a few dinners with friends and the theater and I went to a wonderful Christmas concert by myself.

I'm hoping for a wonderful and wonder-filled holiday for all of you and a great new year! I'm coming up on my one year mark with MFP. Below is a picture of me from a couple of Christmases ago. Add another 20 to that! The second picture from October is 7 pounds more than I am now. I'm proud of myself for what I have done. It is slow, but I'm going to get there and I'm going to keep it off.
    vfly113cxz44.jpg

Well, back to work!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friends!
    Charlie

56604121.png

Charlie,you look fantastic.73lb.loss.You should be very proud,great accomplishment.
    It seems like you are keeping very busy.I hope you won't be to tired to enjoy the holidays.You really need to destress.I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas.
    Mary
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Marney and Mary--good for you for the lighter scale!
    Charlie, that is so impressive! Don't you love before and after pictures? I have plenty before pictures (1 is enough) but my new profile picture is as close to my after as I've gotten. People are beginning to say that I look "small" which is great to hear. I'm getting there! Can't wait to get as skinny as all of you--but I'll get there. By spring for sure. Hope we can continue on in maintenance together.

My son is back from visiting his friends and girlfriend, think he is going to be sad to be apart from her for now. He needs to finish high school and all the rest before he can run off and run away with her. Poor love sick guy.