• merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member

merrygranniePosts: 167Member

Jan2nd-165.5
    Jan9th-163.5
    Jan16th-161.5
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Well done, Mary! Almost through the 160s.
  • dasher602014
    Jan 2 165.5
    Jan 8 164,5
    Jan 16 163.5
  • dasher602014
    Petite it is! I do not want to make petite plus patterns any more!

I could have hugged the scales this morning. Nothing changed all week until this morning. But behaviour not scales, right? Got the water now. Going to go for 3 exercise times this week since that is a bit hit and miss. I loved walking outside and I just cannot in this weather but I can do other things.

Say Yes to the Dress is my exercise entertainment. Our house, being really a renovated cottage, we really only have one big room and one TV. Say yes to the dress or other girly things, just would be unfair to Peter. So my tablet fits nicely on the exercise bike and I have found a way around the regional blocks so I can watch US shows on the internet. Sshhh. I don't feel like it is cheating since we get the stations on our TV, but I don't want to take over the whole living space.

Gayle, you are right 3 inches isn't that much until you are looking up at it. But I hearby dub you an honourary petite!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    1/02/15: 187.3
    1/09/15: 186.1
    1/16/15: 184.8
    You guys are doing so well!
  • dasher602014
    And you too, Gayle. Another great week and you are below the half way mark in the decas you are working on.

Good work!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    I have been here 365 days, today! Yea, me! But, I must keep going!

1/2/15: 155.5 lbs.
    1/9/15: 159.5 lbs.
    1/16/15: 154.5 lbs.

I'm down to my low today, but still haven't hit 154 which was my goal for January 1. Wow, I haven't even started on the loss toward my Easter goal. Don't know what more I can do though. I'll get there!
  • dasher602014
    yes, you will, Charlie. I have no doubts at all about that. What a difference a year makes!
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Congratulations ladies!We all had losses.good job.Charlie,5 lb.loss is awesome!Marney,I love to watch Say Yes To The Dress.Such a fun show.
    Starting on another week.I know we'll all try to do our best.
  • gaylebodine
    Wonderful first weigh in numbers! Charlie, a whole year, that is so impressive! You are a real inspiration.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    Thanks, but I don't consider a 5- pound loss a loss if it is just getting me back to where I already was. It is just aggravating water weight anyway. I only consider a loss a loss if I venture into NEW numbers!
  • gaylebodine
    Oh, I know how you feel Charlie but any downward motion on the scale, especially after a gain is a REAL loss for me. I am right now a little less than a pound heavier than my ticker states, so really motivated to get back to that low and better. I never record the ups in my report. But I state what my scale says each day 6 days out of 7. That's what works for me. So, since I have my Friday weigh-in with you guys I guess I often have three weights (report, Friday challenge, daily scale weight) being tracked. Goofy, but that's me. On a good but rare day they all agree.
  • gaylebodine
    To clarify, I state my daily scale weight in my food notes.
  • dasher602014
    I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't record the ups. I am still fighting my way back to my ticker status. Only a lb or so to go.

I only record weight each Friday with you folks, at least until I too get to new numbers. I guess we all feel the same. A loss isn't a loss unless it is new numbers.

However, ladies, we did set up a new challenge starting January, and although I did not achieve getting back to my lowest weight recorded during the last challenge, I am still very pleased that I have lost weigh already during this challenge, even if I have not yet seen new numbers. I know new numbers will appear for all of us if we keep on keeping on.

And, I want to thank Mary for starting the discussion about water and blood pressure. I thought drinking water was more about feeling full than health benefits. I knew the 8 cups a day stuff really has not had studies back it up. But now that I am doing my drinking daily, I feel so much better and my bp is regularly normal rather than pre-hypertensive. Thanks to all of you. And the daily exercise is helping too.
  • dasher602014
    I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't record the ups. I am still fighting my way back to my ticker status. Only a lb or so to go.

I only record weight each Friday with you folks, at least until I too get to new numbers. I guess we all feel the same. A loss isn't a loss unless it is new numbers.

However, ladies, we did set up a new challenge starting January, and although I did not achieve getting back to my lowest weight recorded during the last challenge, I am still very pleased that I have lost weigh already during this challenge, even if I have not yet seen new numbers. I know new numbers will appear for all of us if we keep on keeping on.

And, I want to thank Mary for starting the discussion about water and blood pressure. I thought drinking water was more about feeling full than health benefits. I knew the 8 cups a day stuff really has not had studies back it up. But now that I am doing my drinking daily, I feel so much better and my bp is regularly normal rather than pre-hypertensive. Thanks to all of you. And the daily exercise is helping too.
  • dasher602014

• dasher602014

• dasher602014
    Sorry folks . I couldn't sleep last night so I was cruising the web. MFP was acting up and said it did not post my comment. I guess it did!
  • gaylebodine
    LOL, well, you know what they say: tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them (and once more for good measure). And thanks for being my buddy in the fight back to the ticker n umber. I'm almost there. I would get myself in less deficit if I didn't record every tiny downward scale but oh well. Right now I am only .4 up from my ticker.
  • gaylebodine
    Yeah, got to a new low today but ate homemade pizza for dinner. It fit in calories but it tasted so great I still feel guilty. Mushroom and onion. Yum! My teen eats 2/3 with pepperoni, I eat that last third with vegis.