Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Mary, If you are going to use oil in sweet baking (although I usually substitute applesauce) I've been using coconut oil. It is actually even better than olive oil in some ways (good for your brain, they say) and has a nice flavor. For brownies try the "no pudge fudge" which are delicious non-fat brownies. http://www.amazon.com/No-Pudge-Brownie-Original-13-7-Ounce/dp/B000GZYAN2 or a clone recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/no-pudge-brownie-clone-116219
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Thanks for the info Mary. I have found most of the walks on youtube. I will check her website more thoroughly. I need to put my orthotics into my new runners, knee hurts. Didn't follow my own advice!

Coconut oil is good for you, or so they say. Great for skin from the outside too. but I found I was taking little tastes of it and liked it. Gross, I know! So, I put it away.

for all my complaining, this morning I am down, half a lb away for my ticker! if it will only continue!
  • dasher602014
    Just thought of a change I have made this week and I hope it isn't the reason for the successful track. I have been cooking not Peter. Hummmmm, I will have to think on that.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    The thing, I think, with using a set calorie count for Leslie Sansone is that she uses an average for her calorie count of about 175 pounds. I guarantee, little Leslie isn't burning that much! I only burn 262 calories for 45 minutes at 4 mph. Every 25 pounds makes about a 40-45 calorie difference as to calories burned at 4 mph for 45 minutes. So, I burn less at 154 lbs. and about 90 calories more at 200 lbs. This makes a huge difference if you eat back calories. If I would figure wrong, I could actually gain a pound every three months if I logged it at 300 calories instead of 262. Marney, I am like you and very, very sensitive to any little screw ups. :o

Those recipes got me think frittata so much that I went and got stuff to make one. All my favorite things: cremini, shitake, and oyster mushrooms, sun-dried tomato, blue cheese, and spinach. I think that would be a good combination and I will make it tomorrow morning. I'm staying at my kids and they didn't have a pan without a plastic handle, so I removed the handle from an 8" pan (I don't trust the aluminum foil over the plastic method for under the broiler). After today, I'm off work until Tuesday! Yea, me!
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Glad you guys are here! I feeling really munchie today, could easily go back down stairs and find something to munch but won't cause your are "watching". Think I will do a half the calorie day on Thursday, need to get myself jump started. Feel like I've been kind of stuck.
    We ARE watching you. ;)

• grandmothercharlie
    animated-eye-image-0119.gif

Mary's right. We are. Nothing worse than the munchies!

Marney, forgot to say, congrats on the 1/2 pound!
  • gaylebodine
    Thanks guys! Feels like support! Love the gif Charlie! I'm watching you right back!
  • gaylebodine
    1/02/15: 187.3
    1/09/15: 186.1
    1/16/15: 184.8
    1/23/15: 183.3
    1/30/15: 182.0

OK, I will take 5.3 for the month! Moving away from the holidays, I've got this...
  • merrygrannie
    1/02/15: 187.3
    1/09/15: 186.1
    1/16/15: 184.8
    1/23/15: 183.3
    1/30/15: 182.0

OK, I will take 5.3 for the month! Moving away from the holidays, I've got this...

You are doing fantastic !!
  • merrygrannie

Jan2nd-165.5
    Jan9th-163.5
    Jan16th-161.5
    Jan 23rd-160.5
    Jan30th-161.0
  • nancystandlee
    nancystandlee Posts: 8 Member
    1/23/15: 199
    1/30/15: 197.4
    I wasn't pleased until I looked at last weeks number & have only met calorie goal a few times this week. Today drs appt at 11 then a sketching assignment to draw parts of a cafe ( I'm taking two online classes & need to catch up with assignments). Our weather has been very nice & I need to take advantage & walk, but January has been a time for easing into some new daily habits and walking will come. Thanks for the invite to the group & for the hints & encouragement.
  • dasher602014
    Jan 2 165.5
    Jan 8 164,5
    Jan 16 163.5
    Jan 23 163.5
    Jan 30 163

And the tortoise follows! But it is down!
  • dasher602014
    Gayle, you are doing so well! And do you remember the joy of onderland, so much in your rear view mirror now?

Nancy, welcome indeed, and you are solidly in onderland and moving on down.

Mary, you and I soldier on together. I know how frustrating rises can be when you did so much right this week. Keep on working! With you, there is often a sudden drop. You did so well this week.

Gayle over 5 lbs this month
    Mary 4.5 lbs this month
    Marney 2.5 lbs this month
    Nancy 1.5 lbs in a week

Total together 13.5 lbs gone! Sounds pretty good to me!
  • gaylebodine
    Marney, such a great summary! I think we are all doing well! 13.5 is a lot of potatoes and we haven't even added Charlie yet! Nancy, I love to take online art classes. Which sketching class are you taking? Are you in Daniel's Skool?
  • merrygrannie
    13.5 is a great weight loss for this group,proud of everyone! I was going to put my food and exercise down for today but because I was so late,around 12:30 last night,it's showing it for today.I don't know how to remedy that except to start over on day one.
    I hope everyone has a fantastic day.
    Mary
  • gaylebodine
    Yep Mary! Each day is a new day.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Sorry I didn't get to check in on Friday. Hate doing Community on the Android app and just got home for my laptop.

1/2/15: 155.5 lbs.
    1/9/15: 159.5 lbs.
    1/16/15: 154.5 lbs.
    1/23/15: 154
    1/30/15: 153.5

1/2 lb. down on Friday, so that is another 2 you can add to the total loss, Marney. 15.5 total for the group. Number will be better for me next week though (already is).

Loving my at-home, mini-spa vacation. Facials, mani-pedi, lots of creams, eyebrow wax, jacuzzis, deep tissue massage, lots of workouts, Tai-Chi, reading, Korean dramas, wine, and great food. Two more days of stress relief. Treat for today -- classic film showing of Funny Girl! Can't wait!

Loved the massage, although quite sore yesterday. She offers a Tuesday special at $25 for 1/2 hour deep tissue. I might start doing that once a month or so.

Well, it's a new week! Have a good one everyone!

• gaylebodine
    Such great self care Charlie! Something for me to aspire to, for sure. Group: 15. 5 pounds lost for the month is AWESOME!
  • grandmothercharlie
    If we don't pamper ourselves, who will?

What a wonderful day! Funny Girl was just as wonderful as the first time I saw it and the last time I saw it! I had actually gone to a local performance last summer, but let's face it, NO ONE can play the part of Fanny Brice and come close to Streisand standard!

I agree, 15.5 pounds is great for us, but I think I was low man on the totem pole this month. My losses are really starting to slow down. I know I'll never see two pounds a week again, but would like to keep it at one pound a week for a little longer. :'(
  • gaylebodine
    Well, this is a shared challenge, not a one-one competition, thanks goodness. Yes, I am happy for 5 pounds a month if I can do it. We've got 9 weeks left and I'll see how close I can get to my 20 pound goal. Charlie: "If we don't pamper ourselves, who will?" indeed! I always enjoy the birthday and Christmas presents I pamper myself with these years!