Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Fyi I googled "fat burning bedtime snack" and found a great list that includes things i cant eat earlier in the day, like oatmeal.
    I love idea of hot oatmeal at bedtime!
    Was surprised to find apple and peanut butter on the list because that is my usual bedtime snack!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    My bedtime snack: either vanilla non-fat yogurt with raspberries or slice of oatnut bread with butter. Apple and peanut butter or oatmeal sound great and are some of my favorite foods so will try that too. I found an instant oatmeal brand that is delicious, all natural and 100 calories: Oat Revolution.
  • gaylebodine
    BTW, Lill, your "breakfast" is scandalous to me! I eat onion rings every 20 years or so, lol. Also don't eat beef. LOL, obviously your Boulder has worn off ;)
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    I just realized that my chest x-ray and my 100 day streak fall on the same day. Not looking forward to the test, but I am looking forward to 100 days...I'm already proud of myself.
  • Cclill
    Quick note before i run off
    Yesterday i ate 1200 plus some of my exercise cals
    And this morning lost 1.5 lbs water
    Amazing!
    So there, Paul (who says calories in, calories burned)
    188.6 today!
    I still claim 188.
    Thanks so much guys!xxoxox
  • Cclill
    Darn my number "dyslexia"!
    190 - 188.5= .5 pound, not 1.5!
    But it is still great to see 188.
    A poem!
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Lill I am also a night owl and now that I don't log in my food I like to reset my counter to the number of maintenance days when I remember. Today is 118 days in my target range of 130-132.

Here is the link to reset your counter: https://myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Lill you may want to check your math again... 190-188.5 is 1.5. I don't know about categorizing weight lost as water or whatnot, unless you peed out 3 cups (finally the saying makes sense to me! a pint is a pound the world around). Gone is gone in my book!
  • gaylebodine
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    I just realized that my chest x-ray and my 100 day streak fall on the same day. Not looking forward to the test, but I am looking forward to 100 days...I'm already proud of myself.

Hope your test shows you good results Beth! Congrats on the the 100 day streak!
  • gaylebodine
    Lill, suggest that you stick to reporting your weight to us on Friday or Saturday. I think the week in between is full of minor ups and downs along the way for most of us. Glad you are eating your 1200 again, just pay attention to getting your calories in each day and record your weight once a week in the group on Friday or Saturday.
  • gaylebodine
    Pam, you are really showing us that maintenance can be done! 118 days is so great!!
  • Cclill
    Pam thanks so much for the math catch! And for the link! I just reset my streak to 81.
    Gayle onion rings are a vegetable, even in boulder :-)
  • Cclill
    Gayle is oat revolution easy to find?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    congrats all round guys. 100 day streak, 118 on maintenance - awesome and good way of keeping on track- and good weight loss while eating all that you need. Not counting our 'over one year of logging' star!

I was back on track yesterday after the weekend slip. And even with the slip, it wasn't terrible. Just felt terrible after eating some junk. Body did not like it at all! I think, like lactose, I have finally learned that chips and I don't agree.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited September 2015
    I've been busy, but I do want to mention I hit a new low of 141.5 today! My low is my weight. I do not log gains in mfp. If I see it, that is what it is.

We are all streakin'!

@Cclill: Like Pam said before about eating too little, I'm glad to see that you are eating more. I have done 1200 calories right from the start and did not eat back exercise. 1200 is the lowest you should go for many, many reasons. If I had it to do over again, I would have done a percentage from my TDEE (probably 15%-20%). I probably would have started at 1800 calories which would have been 20% from a TDEE at that time at 238 lbs. and little exercise. Then I would have readjusted as I went down. It gives you somewhere to go because of losing weight and increasing exercise, etc.

I won't go less than 1200 for nutritional reasons, but after so long at 1200 calories and between 60-120+ minutes a day of exercising that is my body's normal now. So that is why things are so slow for me now. I think the IF is helping a little because it has shaken things up and is controlling insulin release, but I still for now gain at the slightest increase in calories. When I hit maintenance, I will have to increase very, very slowly to try to reset my metabolism.

@MapDancer: I'm so impressed with your consistency. So many people think they have it made once on maintenance and then, BAM! Start to gain it back quickly. You will be one of the success stories.

@MapDancer: I am now watching both Late Night Restaurant (that is almost over. Do you think the last episode will tell the owner's story?) I am also watching Twenty Again. I've only seen 3 of the 4 episodes so far. When it comes to female K-stars, Choi Ji-woo is by far my favorite. Suspicious Housekeeper, Winter Sonato, Beautiful Days, Stairway to Heaven, Star's Lover, Temptation... I also like the main actor Lee Sang-yoon from Angel Eyes and Life is Beautiful. It is funny, the young man who plays her son looks exactly like a Korean friend I had when he was that age. Could have been twins, or more so his father! Good comedy with more mature actors! You might also like it because it has a little "dance" theme going!

I have been trying to squeeze as much outdoor time as I can before it turns too cold so I haven't been on here as much. We had so much rain the beginning of summer that I have felt short-changed!

I did put the top down and went on a short day trip. Nice gas prices are below $2/gal. here. I ended up at an outlet mall about 70 miles from here where I usually hate to go, but thought I could get in a lot of steps. I ended up with 3 sweaters plus the steps, so I'm set for winter now! 3 from last year and I have bought 6 this year. I got the total of 6 for less that $100 with some great sales. Since they are all mediums, I think I will be able to wear them from now on as even if I lose these final 11.5 pounds, it won't make that much difference.

Have to hold an interview this afternoon so not enough time for lunch and a walk. Think I'll dance at my desk for 1/2 hour and gobble down lunch! This is my first day back to work after holiday weekend so I hope you all have a good week!
  • grandmothercharlie
    I'm going to post this link here for a really fun song by medical pros about walking for your health! This is really well done and sort of addictive! https://youtube.com/watch?v=9onCgh5DyDM
  • gaylebodine
    Cclill wrote: »
    Pam thanks so much for the math catch! And for the link! I just reset my streak to 81.
    Gayle onion rings are a vegetable, even in boulder :-)

I am going to do an oven baked onion ring soon, I found a recipe. Do love them! Here is the link for oat revolution, guess they are actually called "Better Oats" and the 100 calorie ones are called "OatFit". On this site there is a link for "find Better Oats" so that should show you who carries them. I got them at one of the Kroger stores (Safeway or Kingsoopers). What I really also like is you can use the packet to measure the water and then 90 second microwave. I add a little low fat milk but really yummy. http://www.betteroats.com/taste-test/
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    dance at your desk? Does your office have a door or can anyone join in? Sounds like a great corporate exercise program!
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited September 2015
    Actually got a call and never did it yesterday. But, I have two doors. One for my outer office and my office. I put on Pandora Pop Fitness or plug in my phone with my playlist and just be free! (I sometimes do Leslie Sansone videos, too). There is actually a zumba class that goes on right now upstairs, but it gets my heart rate too high! It is all young girls who can afford to do that. For fat burning at our age, we don't want it to get too high!
  • gaylebodine
    Just love that all the talented people on that walking video are in the medical profession or heart attack survivors.