Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Cclill wrote: »
    Quick note
    I have been avoiding art openings because they are fattening, because one cookie and then i binge the whole time.
    But had to go to one this afternoon cuz had a sculpture in it,
    but luckily remembered my self-talk before i walked in"i can have something when im leaving" which placates my angry child.
    It worked! Calorie count from it only 300

Great strategy Lill! Send me a pic of the sculpture!

Which reminds me i have to take a pic of the sculpture!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    9/04/15: 169.5
    9/12/15: 173.5
    9/18/15: 170.7
    Yes! Heading the right direction again!
    Nice pic Pam!
    More later guys.

WOW! I'll say! 3 lbs this week, good stuff.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Thanks Marney!
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    GayleGreat Loss! You are an inspiration Gayle!
  • Cclill
    Great job everyone!
    My report:
    Goal for this challenge: to not succomb to plateau depression, precursor to past decades of yo-yo
    9/4, 190 (claiming 188 from aug 20)
    9/11, 188.9
    (9/16 187.4 - new claim)
    9/18, 189.4
    Have logged in for 90 days, lost five pounds, all in the first 30 days.
    Thanks to all for your advice to eat at least 1200!
    It started me downhill again, which will help Paul believe that more is less.
    During pilates this week noticed strange lump on my calf.
    investigating it, i realized it is a muscle!
    Must be from all the walking up hill.

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited September 2015
    Woo-hoo! Everyone is doing great! Gayle, look at you!

Lill, I loved that strategy you used with the cookie! Good idea!

Beth, glad you made it to the dr. and got a referral. Don't buy trouble. Most things with the thyroid are very, very curable or controllable. In my daughter's Grave's disease case, they killed her thyroid with radioactive iodine. A co-worker recently had her's removed due to a non-malignant mass. They are both now on synthroid for the rest of their lives, but have no ill effects. I have a friend with Hashimoto's controlled with meds.

Pam -- I love the new picture! Each picture gets younger!

I went to my cardiologist and I don't have to go back for one year! He agreed that taking me off the spironolactone was a good move. My BP was good at 108/65. As he said, I beat the odds with my determination, persistance, and medical technology! I give a lot of credit to him, too. I think he is one of the best!

Me. 142. Still doing 16:8. No loss, but I still like how I feel with it.
  • dasher602014
    Sept 4: 168.5
    Sept 11: 168.5
    Sept 20: 168.5

I seem to be stuck. I am disappointed, I thought I was doing OK while away. But I guess wedding and not having a food scale got the better of me.

Think I will skip breakfast.

• gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Everyone seems to be doing great. Keep up the good work, and hope we all have a good week next week.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    I know i've been missing in action for several weeks and have really had a hard time with lots of things going on.I'm starting over on a new high on my weight and not proud of it.Quit exercising even.I went from a low of 154 to a high of 183.5.I had to go back to a larger size in clothes.I just read some of the posts and everyone is doing great.You should be proud of yourselves.
    9-20-15 183.5
    I'll do my next weigh in on Friday.
  • dasher602014
    Yeah, Mary. Glad to have you back. Hey, I am with you on it getting out of control because life gets in the way. But you are back! I am still working on 'old' pounds to get down to my lowest but it is working again. Unfortunately, the "project status" of weight and health can not be ignored when life happens and I, for one, seem to need to learn that lesson again and again (and again, sigh.)

Glad you are here again!
  • Cclill
    Quick note
    Circumstances led to a very low calorie day yesterday, less than 700,
    and i wasnt hungry and didn't want to stuff 500 more into my bedtime snack
    and this morning was still not down in weight despite
    Id walked and biked uphill and downhill yesterday for two hours,
    so apparently my metabolism not yet ready for low cal once a week.
    So i just splurged on higher cal weekly lunch at panera
    so wont get stuck with too few cals again tonight.
    Yum! chips!!
    Wotta weird diet! :-)
    Sorry this was not that quick a note afterall!
  • Cclill
    An Actual quick note -- meanwhile my walking buddy has lost a dress size.
    Be patient my angry child!
  • dasher602014
    hey lil,

Have you measured yourself lately? Maybe size has changed for you without affecting scales.
  • gaylebodine
    I know i've been missing in action for several weeks and have really had a hard time with lots of things going on.I'm starting over on a new high on my weight and not proud of it.Quit exercising even.I went from a low of 154 to a high of 183.5.I had to go back to a larger size in clothes.I just read some of the posts and everyone is doing great.You should be proud of yourselves.
    9-20-15 183.5
    I'll do my next weigh in on Friday.

Welcome back Mary! Getting back on the wagon (again and again) is what will get you to where you want to go!
  • gaylebodine
    hey lil,

Have you measured yourself lately? Maybe size has changed for you without affecting scales.

I do kind of wish that I had taken my measurements when I started. Know the inches have come off!
  • Cclill
    hey lil,

Thanks For the thought Marney! I didn't measure myself at start - i should do it! None of my clothes fit looser, so i don't think I've changed size.
  • Cclill
    I feel like my own science experiment.
    Once again - Midnight and less than 700 cals consumed, but not hungry.
    This time will eat high cal healthy food for bedtime snack to get up to 1200
    and see what happens.

• gaylebodine
    Shaun, I mean Lill, eating a ton of calories before bed is so darn counter intuitive. But then, when is your bedtime?

Waterhouse (author) has not yet written "Outsmarting the Post-Menopausal Female Fat Cell" but her book Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell might offer you the weight loss advice you need to make the experiment work.
    http://www.amazon.com/Outsmarting-Female-Fat-Cell-Weight-Control/dp/140131273X
    Another author, Peeke, that addresses related issues:
    Fighting Fat Over Forty http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/014100181X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=140131273X&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KQF1BKRBVV7EFMRYXY2
  • Cclill
    Thanks for links Gayle! Will be very helpful for science experiment "me"
    Last night, "scientist Paul" explained that burning calories creates water weight!
    So i wont obsess about water weight anymore.
    Midnight snack was two hours before sleep
    and wasnt hard to amass 600 cals after all!
    Cashews add up fast!

• Cclill
    Quick note
    Out of egg for breakfast.
    Confused by messed up routine,
    drank vegetable juice before had protein.
    veg juice started day-long hunger.
    Must never run out of eggs again!