Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I hear you Lil!
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Went and saw my endocrinologist this morning. He thinks that I have a Hashimoto's Throiditis. (never heard of it)... He took a special blood test for thyroid, and as soon as I get the results, he will be able to tell me more about what they will be doing. Hope he gets those results back soon. In the meantime, I will be keeping myself busy exercising, cleaning etc. etc. I don't want to worry until I have to. ...So far this week I have managed to gain .2 lbs, I am wanting to stay the same this week, we will see.
  • dasher602014
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sometimes, the solution is a daily pill for your throid and you will be feeling much better. Try not to worry. Hashimoto's is very treatable whatever treatment is chosen.
  • gmabethof3
    edited September 2015
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sometimes, the solution is a daily pill for your throid and you will be feeling much better. Try not to worry. Hashimoto's is very treatable whatever treatment is chosen.

Thanks Marney, If a pill a day is all I will need that would be great! Hope I get results tomorrow, would hate to have to go through the weekend not knowing.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 161 Member
    9=20-15 183.5
    9-25-15 177.5
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited September 2015
    Welcome back, Mary, and look at your loss! Woo-hoo!

Lill: Good insight as to your reaction to carbs without a protein balance.

Beth: I have two friends with Hashimoto's. Marney is right. It is very treatable, although long-term treatment. The medication could help you lose weight as an under-active thyroid which usually accompanies Hashimoto's can make you gain weight and contribute to fatigue. If they need to start you on hormones, synthroid probably, you might see weight loss quickly and almost immediately. Hashimoto's is an auto-immune disease which tends to mean you and family members are prone to them. I know it seems counter-intuitive to say this, but I try to keep my immune system suppressed because of my auto-immunes. I used to take CoQ-10 and zinc and don't any longer as they tend to strengthen your immune system. I figure if my auto-immune system wants to attack my body, I'm not going to help it!

Beth: .2 pounds is not a gain. It is a little extra water. Heck, you can sit and drink that .2 pounds!

As for me this week, nothing new to report! Still doing 16:8. Still holding steady rather than losing. But, my clothes still fit. I feel great! And it will come if it is meant to.
  • gmabethof3
    Challenge from September 4 through November 6

September 3 - 174.0
    September 11 - 173.6 = 0.4
    September 18 - 173.4 = 0.6
    September 25 - 173.4 = 0.6 I will take this...

Charlie, I am hoping that I get these results today. If I have hashimoto, I will definetly let my sisters/brothers know that they can be prone to it. Is this hereditary? I a lso have hemochromatosis and I got that from grandma, I dont know if she had any thyroid problems, I'm the one in the family who inheritated alot of family stuff, except high blood pressure YEA! (sarcasm) Well I will see how things go...keep your fingers crossed.

Every on have a beautiful fall weekend.
  • dasher602014
    Sept 4: 168.5
    Sept 11: 168.5
    Sept 20: 168.5
    Sept 25: 167

Guess I just had to be patient.

• dasher602014
    9=20-15 183.5
    9-25-15 177.5

WOW!!!!!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Hi Guys, hope you are doing well! I have the flu or at least flu-like symptoms. Weighing in on Saturday.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Beth: Autoimmune diseases tend to run in families and when YOU have one, you tend to be prone to get others. There are some strange links, too, that don't make sense sometimes (i.e., my daughter had Graves disease and usually a close relative will have dyslexia, which my son does! Strange relationship there). Hemochromatosis is not considered autoimmune, I don't think, but after you mentioned it, I found this. I think it is interesting given your diagnosis! ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18299688

Marney: Love the 1.5 loss!

Gayle: :'(

• maryschwartzroby

Awesome job on 1.5 lb loss!!
  • maryschwartzroby
    Hi Guys, hope you are doing well! I have the flu or at least flu-like symptoms. Weighing in on Saturday.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • maryschwartzroby
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    Challenge from September 4 through November 6

September 3 - 174.0
    September 11 - 173.6 = 0.4
    September 18 - 173.4 = 0.6
    September 25 - 173.4 = 0.6 I will take this...

Charlie, I am hoping that I get these results today. If I have hashimoto, I will definetly let my sisters/brothers know that they can be prone to it. Is this hereditary? I a lso have hemochromatosis and I got that from grandma, I dont know if she had any thyroid problems, I'm the one in the family who inheritated alot of family stuff, except high blood pressure YEA! (sarcasm) Well I will see how things go...keep your fingers crossed.

Every on have a beautiful fall weekend.

I'll take staying the same to a weight gain anytime.You have a beautiful weekend also.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    keeping steady.. 9/25 130.2
    Last weekend was a Korean Festival at the Delaware Art Museum. Our school went as a group. I was glad to meet the chef of the local Korean restaurant that provided lunch items. He assured me that he doesn't use MSG (makes me feel like nails in my head) and was concerned that I was told differently when I called the restaurant months ago. Maybe the person I spoke with didn't understand my question? Anyway, now I can't wait to go - lunch was great! ... I may have mentioned that I would enjoy working in the kitchen.. I can make hobbang (red bean stuffed buns)..
  • gmabethof3

Gtrsty Job Marney!
  • gmabethof3
    Beth: Autoimmune diseases tend to run in families and when YOU have one, you tend to be prone to get others. There are some strange links, too, that don't make sense sometimes (i.e., my daughter had Graves disease and usually a close relative will have dyslexia, which my son does! Strange relationship there). Hemochromatosis is not considered autoimmune, I don't think, but after you mentioned it, I found this. I think it is interesting given your diagnosis! ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18299688

Marney: Love the 1.5 loss!

Gayle: :'(

Charlie, Thanks for the site you sent me, very interesting. Brings up questions that I will have for my Doctor..Thanks Again!
  • gmabethof3

Gayle, sorry to hear you not feeling well, hope its not the flu.. Get better and take care.
  • grandmothercharlie
    @MapDancer How great! Love the Korean cuisine. Not Korean, but Pei Wei now offers any of their entrées as lettuce wraps. I've tried them now as Mongolian Beef and Orange Peel Shrimp. So much better than with rice and way less calories. (I think I hear dinner calling for tonight!). I can tolerate a little MSG, but it is not good for us. I will get a flush though if too much. I have never had hobbang, but have seen them on documentaries and webcasts on Korean food.

We have an annual Asian festival every May, but it is all nationalities. it is a wonderful eating extravaganza! I took part in the Tai Chi demo this past year. As I said, we do have several Korean restaurants though. I love them, but I always worry about the number of calories.

You are doing so good on maintenance. So steady!

What are you watching right now? I'm only watching Twenty Again - two hour long episodes a week. Really like it. (Of course, Big Bang Theory is now back on for the season so I will watch it). So that is five 30-minute rides on the stationary bike. Was surprised that Late Night Restaurant didn't ever explain the owner and the scar. Wonder if there might be a 2nd Season. Rare, but it has happened before.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    9/04/15: 169.5
    9/12/15: 173.5
    9/18/15: 170.7
    9/26/15: 170.2
    Still trending the right direction. Think this next week I will be feeling well enough to get back to walking a bit. That makes all the difference, of course.