Exercise and Weight Loss Challenges

Replies

• Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Hi guys!
    I am back and can commiserate!
    Before i left i was weepy
    and was about to call a therapist for my plateau.
    But Being on eastern slope of cascade mountains, with october sun on my face, and scent of pine on the cool breeze, reminded me of colorado so it really helped my state of mind.
    I am bi-polar, so cant take anti depressants, but luckily i too evened out after menopause.

Gayle do the rockies help you too?
    Hope you are feeling better now!

My report a day late:
    No internet at the cabin, so i couldnt log my food and had to wing it.
    and got less exercise than usual because my friend has a bad back.
    Just one 1/2 mi stroll on the pacific crest trail,
    and a leisurly hour of kayaking on crystal clear lake.
    Weighed myself this evening and to my shock i am down a pound from my claimed low!
    My body is so unpredictable!
    9/4/15, 190
    9/11/15, 188.4
    9/18/15, 189.4
    (9/21, 187.2) claimed
    9/26/15, 189
    10/4/15, 186 new claim
    I should go to eastern slope every weekend!
    It is only two hours away.....

• Cclill
    Quick note
    Cabin did not have microwave so forced to use stove.
    Accidentally Invented the literal one egg omelet.
    Cracked an egg in the frying pan, fried one side, tried for over easy but it folded.
    tiny omelet!

• gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Hi Ladies, I went to my endocrinologist today, and I need to go in and get a biopsy on all the nodules, they are all over 2 centimeters in size. I go in October 30 at Dr's office, and he said that he will be able to decide on treatment once he gets results.

Sticking to the diet..at least I am not gaining. I will keep you all updated.
  • Cclill
    Quick note
    My bday dinner so splurged.
    Shared free chocolate mousse three ways.
    But Tomorrow i teach all day.so will be easy to get back on the program.
    I love concept of getting back on the program!
  • Cclill
    I just posted before i saw Beths post. So sorry you have to get biopsies! I hope not painful!
  • gmabethof3
    edited October 2015
    Challenge from September 4 through November 6

September 3 - 174.0
    September 11 - 173.6 = 0.4
    September 18 - 173.4 = 0.6
    September 25 - 173.4 = 0.6 I will take this...
    October 2 - 173.2 = 0.8
    October 9 - 173.8 = 0.2 UGH!

Ladies, we have 4 more weeks on this Challenge. Looking forward in seeing how everyone does!
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Cclill wrote: »
    Quick note
    My bday dinner so splurged.
    Shared free chocolate mousse three ways.
    But Tomorrow i teach all day.so will be easy to get back on the program.
    I love concept of getting back on the program!

Happy Birthday Lill and great that you shared you birthday mousse!
  • gaylebodine
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I went to my endocrinologist today, and I need to go in and get a biopsy on all the nodules, they are all over 2 centimeters in size. I go in October 30 at Dr's office, and he said that he will be able to decide on treatment once he gets results.

Sticking to the diet..at least I am not gaining. I will keep you all updated.

Beth, good that progress is being made. Mayo Clinic states that the majority of thyroid nodules are benign and don't require treatment.
  • gaylebodine
    Guys, I'm going to weigh on Saturday since I ended up going out to eat with my son (he was buying) and ate too much guacamole and chips last night. Not a good plan for the night before the weekly weigh in, lol.
  • gaylebodine
    Lill, compared to the Midwest (especially Illinois/Wisconsin/MN) Colorado is much better for me psychologically though we have been having fewer sunny days lately. If you believe in astrology there is a heavy Saturn over that Midwest area for me (in terms of astrocartography). Even in Colorado I need to do what works for me more consistently: meditate, make art, walk outside, read clever and interesting novels, stick with an activity routine (even if the routine includes spontaneous left turns) and see friends.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    I'm here! Just crazy busy! Holding on though. But no loss, either.

Beth: Where is your picture?

Gayle: No such thing as too much guacamole! Yum! Unless you step on a scale. ;) I loved Coffee Prince, but...it is very different from the normal K-drama romance or romantic comedy. Yes, I think Hulu has it and/or Netflix. Definitely, Dramafever or a site called Viki.

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Hi Guys,

I'm back! I did not log and I tried to watch. To my surprise, I am still holding at 167. I think I can claim it is my new set point!

Beth, my niece has dealt with nodules for a long time. Nodules are usually benign. The biopsy isn't fun though and unfortunately, they have to do it on a regular basis to watch them. Thyroid medicine is usually prescribed. Thoughts with you. Don't worry too much. Probably not a problem, just a bunch of uncomfortable tests.

My time away was less than I expected. It was overcast and I was not myself with lack of sun, lack of sleep, lack of exercise and lack of poop. My sister in law is on anti depression medication and my brother came home because of a gout problem: in the foot that has not had the broken toe. He had hoped that the broken toe was OK enough to manage the week away with a boot but then the other foot acted up! I spent most of the week cooking and doing dishes. 3 meals a day for 3 people. It is the 3 meals a day which is hard. Particularly with lactose and gluten problems. But my SIL needed a break having played nurse all summer.

Gayle, thanks for the boost about my keeping in touch with friends and family. I really often feel that I don't. Retirement in a new place can be lonely even with the man in my life! We keep really overly busy in the summer months and then try not to go mad in the winter with boredom. No visitors, no activities. I have to change that somehow.

I am on my 3rd trial garment for this 29th attempt (at least) of making pants. Raining which doesn't help the mood but sunny tomorrow and what promises to be a beautiful Thanksgiving long weekend with the leaves turning colours and 70 degrees.

Keep at it guys. New week.

M
  • gmabethof3
    edited October 2015
    Hi Ladies, Thanks for all the concerns about my health. Dr. did say the biospy will let him know how to treat it. I do hope that they find out soon, I am coughing and choking alot, and if this is not from the thyroid, guess I will have to have that looked at. So time will tell.

Charlie, picture is there, is it not showoing up for you?
  • gaylebodine
    Beth, I can see you picture--a head shot--and looks great. When do you get your biopsy? Marney, it does sound like you need a winter activity--maybe going to somewhere tropical? Good for you that you helped out your sister-in-law and brother. My father had gout but once he got the medication right it did not bother him very much. I am wishing for 167 sometime soon!

My big news this week--actually today--is that my son got his driver's license! Someone actually ran a stop sign and almost plowed into my son and his test agent (in my tiny car with a giant SUI). My son did quick evasive swerving and luckily there was no crash. The other driver just kept on going. My son was kind of shaken up, and so was the agent. But now they both have a story to tell.
  • gaylebodine
    Charlie, I totally agree about guacamole! Lill, have you discovered those tiny round (also square) pans that are perfect for making a perfectly round (or square) fried egg to put on a round thin bun or bread?
  • Cclill
    Guys, I'm going to weigh on Saturday since I ended up going out to eat with my son (he was buying) and ate too much guacamole and chips last night. Not a good plan for the night before the weekly weigh in, lol.
    Luckily guacamole is low cal and good fat. To cut down on chips, i use chip as guac delivery tool, until i forget and crunch.

• Cclill
    Gayle -- Yay his license! Yikes narrow escape! At age sixteen Spencer was back-ended by man on cell phone! But wasn't hurt. And teens are supposed to be the bad drivers. Sheesh!
  • gmabethof3
    Gayle, my biopsy couldn't get scheduled till October 30.
  • gaylebodine
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    Gayle, my biopsy couldn't get scheduled till October 30.

Beth, the number one thought is that a majority of nodules are benign. Isn't the waiting and not knowing the facts the worst? I was 45 when I got pregnant with my son and they insisted on an amio. Had nightmares for a week (I was a Nazi deciding who could live and who would die) before I got the benign results. Being "spirits in a material world" certainly has it hair-raising moments, yes?
  • gaylebodine
    But Lill, it is the contrast between crunchy and smooth, spicy and salty that is the point! LOL