Goal: not succomb to plateau depression
    9/4/15-190
    9/11/15-188.4
    9/18/15-189.4
    (9/21-187.2) claiming
    9/26/15-189
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Charlie: We finished "Sang Doo, Let's Go To School". It was Rain's debut drama and he was amazing. If you haven't seen it I won't say more. We also finished The Scholar Who Walks the Night. Then I finished Falling in Love with Soon Jung. Wow you could really dislike the evil second lead in that one! We're still nibbling away at Midnight Restaurant - it has such a nice pacing to it. Now I'm casting about for a new exercise drama (Baker Kim? The Girl Who Sees Smells/Sensory Couple??) and another that we can watch together (Gaksital got great reviews).

But tomorrow we will be watching the two new episodes of Dr. Who. DH came home from the P.O. the other day and said he can't go back till then - the P.O. lady wants to talk about Dr. Who but knows we haven't see it yet!

I'm reviewing recipes tonight to try making Tteokguk (rice cake soup) tomorrow. I've never heard of 'soup soy sauce' I think I'll need to go to the Korean market.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    Pam! I am a giant Dr. Who fan and am so excited that I get to watch two new episodes tonight as well! Happy Dance!
  • MapDancer
    Gayle: I hope you enjoyed the new season episodes! So who was your first Dr.? Friends introduced me during Tom Baker. A few Drs after him weren't so great... but when it started again with Christopher Eccleston -wow! we haven't missed any.
  • gaylebodine
    I've been watching since the 60's but the first doctor to really grab me was, like you, Tom Baker. He was so wild and funny looking and love that scarf and K9. The early "special effects" were really a hoot! Loved the 10th and 11th doctors and their companions, especially Amy and Rory. I'm not so nuts about Christopher Eccleston. I liked Clara with Matt Smith but not so much with C. E. Still good fun though.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    Pam: I really liked "The Time that I Loved You." Best male lead in a long time although plot was a little slow. Leads were worth it.

I agree that it was easy to hate the second lead in Falling in Love with Soon Jung!

Also, if you want something different and like Gong Hyo Jin (Pasta and Sang Doo, Let's Go to School) try "It's Okay, That's Love." Got great reviews, too, and I don't want to spoil it, but it is different! Your husband might like it. Different, but very good.

I am enjoying "Twenty Again" as it is laugh out loud funny in parts; but as I said, Choi Ji Woo is my favorite Korean actress. They have just completed episode 10 of 16. Two episodes a week. Also refreshing because Choi Ji Woo is a little more mature than the "high school" dramas.

It has been a couple years since I watched Baker Kim (it was okay as I remember). I have started Sang Doo, Let's Go to School since you mentioned it as you know I love Rain and with Gong Hyo Jin, it is a bonus. I needed another drama as I need to crochet a halloween costume for my granddaughter and need something to watch while I do.

I have never watched Dr. Who. My daughter does and loves it. Just don't need to get hooked on anything so "long term."
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Leaving town tomorrow, kayaking and hiking for a few days.
    Hopefully will kick me off the edge of the plateau.
    Wont be able to log in every day, so i will be starting over on the 100.
    Have a good week all!
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited September 2015
    Have fun, Lill!

@Gayle Are you feeling better?
  • MapDancer
    Gayle: I wasn't too sure about the new Dr but DH has always liked him since the movie Local Hero. I've adjusted and think he's doing a fine job. I just read that Steven Moffat has even considered bringing back K9. Somewhere in our house is a signed photo of Tom Baker that DH sister got for him. hmm... need to look for it!

Charlie: Okay I've bumped up "It's Okay, That's Love" to our next drama. We just finished episode 5 of the Girl who can see smells. Let me know when you finish Sang Doo. Rain is wonderful - hard to believe that this was his debut.

Do you ever see the dramabeans posts? This is a amusing list of the extremes that kdrama fans take. Makes me feel almost normal!
    dramabeans.com/2015/09/spill-the-beans-bombed-tests-and-threats-at-knifepoint/

Since March 2014 I've seen 70 kdramas and 10 kmovies. Arghh... I should be fluent by now.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    edited October 2015
    Challenge from September 4 through November 6

September 3 - 174.0
    September 11 - 173.6 = 0.4
    September 18 - 173.4 = 0.6
    September 25 - 173.4 = 0.6 I will take this...
    October 2 - 173.2 = 0.8

Gayle, how are you feeling? Hope all is ok, I am still waiting on more test results for the thyroid. Hope to hear by Monday.

Everyone have a great fall weekend, beautiful out today, ( a little cool) but a good day for a walk in the park with the dog.
  • gaylebodine
    9/04/15: 169.5
    9/12/15: 173.5
    9/18/15: 170.7
    9/26/15: 170.2
    10/02/15:169.6

A month, and almost back where I started, lol. Actually, had a new low this week so know I'm on the right path. Think I am over the flu but sort of depressed. Reading "The Mindful Way Through Depression" by Mark Williams, recommended in a depression thread on mfp. The depression and weight loss discussion thread was mentioned in my grateful discussion group (I do a grateful a day, which helps me stay sunny side up). Guys, not to worry, this is a genetically linked life-long predisposition. Blue is my favorite color. Maybe tmi but all part of the journey for me.
  • gmabethof3
    I just got a call back about my ultra sound test results on the thyroid. I have multiple nodulese on my Thyroid. So I am going back to my endocrinologist Tuesday to see what needs to be done. I'll keep you updated.
  • MapDancer
    Let me raise my hand and join you Gayle. I too have a predisposition to depression. It really flared up after my first child was born and that was the first time I took anti-depressants. My GP later told me he thought my 1st husband was part of my problem. Finally getting rid of that burden years later did make me feel better! Did you know that viruses can trigger depression too? It's not a cure-all but you should curl up and watch Coffee Prince :)

Weigh-in this week: 129.6 - 130.6 (still in goal range)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    hi gang

sorry I have been missing in action. I left my house this week in the care of my 3 brothers, DH, and 4 or 5 of their friends. They have gotten together for a week each fall for 39 years to cook, fish, hunt, play golf and play bridge and of course drink together. Over the years, the golf, cooking and fishing have taken over the hunting and eating too much, and not many of them drink too much any more but they have fun.

I am staying with my sister in law, watching TV, sewing and going for walks together. And talking. No scale here so I will have to check in next Friday since I am back to my own place Wed or Thursday.

Trying to stay on plan.

I think many of us have had to struggle with depression. And we have evolved many different strategies to deal with it. I like the gratitude journal. It helps.

Sorry to hear about the thyroid, Beth. I hope you get a treatment plan shortly.

Talk soon.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Gayle: I do believe that depression and weight issues go hand-in-hand so your post was appropriate. I seem to have "outgrown" depression at some point. It happened occasionally when I was younger. I think a lot of it was hormonal as I haven't had any serious bouts since menopause. You are doing so well right now on program, I know that you can lick the doldrums, too. It is not TMI as we are here to support each other. Don't think any of us care what the topic is.

I will get "down" some when I get too busy and stressed. Basically my body says, "if you won't slow down, I'll do it for you!" Then I have a few blue days where all I want to do is be by myself and read or sleep. So the blues cause me to just slow down without really thinking about it.

I am stagnant again this week. Still claiming 141.5.
  • gmabethof3
    Thank you Marney, I also hope they find a treatment soon.
  • gaylebodine
    MapDancer wrote: »
    Let me raise my hand and join you Gayle. I too have a predisposition to depression. It really flared up after my first child was born and that was the first time I took anti-depressants. My GP later told me he thought my 1st husband was part of my problem. Finally getting rid of that burden years later did make me feel better! Did you know that viruses can trigger depression too? It's not a cure-all but you should curl up and watch Coffee Prince :)

Weigh-in this week: 129.6 - 130.6 (still in goal range)

Thanks so much Pam! Yes, I first went on an anti depressant when my son was 2 and his father and I were separated (he's 18 now). I've tried to go off a couple of times but ended up getting weepy after 3 weeks or so. 10 milligrams of Prozac a day keeps the weeping at bay and does not give me insomnia (any more does). I will try Coffee Prince (hulu?) and will also do more of what helps: walking, making art, journaling, meditating, reading good books, being in nature. Think I need to up my B vitamins as well.
  • gaylebodine
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    I just got a call back about my ultra sound test results on the thyroid. I have multiple nodulese on my Thyroid. So I am going back to my endocrinologist Tuesday to see what needs to be done. I'll keep you updated.

Beth, sounds like you are getting close to identifying the problem!
  • gaylebodine
    Marney, I love how you stay really active with family and friends! I want to get back to sewing (nothing practical) as well.
  • gaylebodine
    Charlie, yes, it seems to be a cycle: too stressed and busy (or after I'm sick) I get the blues. When I'm blue it is easier to be self critical and full of regrets about life directions and getting old. But then, after a few days, I start getting sparked by inspiration again. So I just need to get better (and I am) about realizing that my personal overcast skies won't last.