• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    9/04/15: 169.5
    9/12/15: 173.5
    9/18/15: 170.7
    9/26/15: 170.2
    10/02/15:169.6
    10/10/15:169.7
    The up side is that I am walking more. The down side is that I am being more capricious with my food. I think my new goal is 167, Marney's current weight, for the remainder of the challenge.
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    But Lill, it is the contrast between crunchy and smooth, spicy and salty that is the point! LOL
    so true!

• Cclill
    Goal-- not succumb to plateau depression - made it by skin of teeth, whatever that means
    9/4/15,190
    9/11/15,188.9
    (9/17,187.4) claimed
    9/18/15,189.4
    (9/21,187.2) claimed
    9/26/15, 189
    Eastern slope vacation
    10/5/15, 184.6
    (10/7,184.4) new claim
    10/10/15,186
    Noticing pattern that i weigh more on weigh in day.
    Obviously a deeply complex and perverse mind body connection.
    :-)
  • Cclill
    Forgot to add to my report that in between weigh-in days, (10/17, 184.4) was ten pounds lost!
    For some reason 10 feels unreasonably more significant than 9.8
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Fortunately I weighed it at 130.4 this morning before our class meet-up at the Korean restaurant. I think DH and I are skipping dinner tonight. I mentioned to the chef that I wanted to know when he had an opening in his kitchen. He said I'll let you know. I said I'm serious. He said I'm serious too. He's going to be changing things a bit when his mom/owner retires in the next year. He trained at the CIA in NY. Hmm...

Charlie: Any sign of your information pkg from the National Weight Control Registry yet?
    I'm watching Baker King Kim Tak Gu on the treadmill and Chuno on the couch with DH. Just read an article about Shin Min Nah in Oh My Venus starting in Nov. I like her a lot. Have started making a hanbok based on what she wore in Arang/episode 8.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    Gayle, my biopsy couldn't get scheduled till October 30.

Beth, the number one thought is that a majority of nodules are benign. Isn't the waiting and not knowing the facts the worst? I was 45 when I got the waiting is the worse. pregnant with my son and they insisted on an amio. Had nightmares for a week (I was a Nazi deciding who could live and who would die) before I got the benign results. Being "spirits in a material world" certainly has it hair-raising moments, yes?

Gayle, your right the waiting is the worse. Having to make myself do things. I need to make myself clean out my flower gardens before it gets too cold.
  • gaylebodine
    Beth, settling the flower bed for the winter is just the thing! Have a friend who does horticultural therapy, it works! For me it's drawing botanicals. I am not that great with actual growing plants, except my shamrock is doing well.
  • gaylebodine
    Pam, that would be so fun to work/learn for the master! I've forgotten, have you spent much time in S Korea?
  • gaylebodine
    Cclill wrote: »
    Forgot to add to my report that in between weigh-in days, (10/17, 184.4) was ten pounds lost!
    For some reason 10 feels unreasonably more significant than 9.8

You are so funny, and so human! That is your perversity I think. myfitness pal rounds up on the check-in feature (or should I say the pounds lost report, ummmm).
  • MapDancer
    Pam, that would be so fun to work/learn for the master! I've forgotten, have you spent much time in S Korea?

Only in my imagination and dramaland! It's gotten so DH and I recognize landscapes, cliffs and sets re-used from various dramas.

Today friends came over to make kimchi. It's my 6th batch - their first. We'll leave our 2-quart jars out for 3 days before putting in smaller jars in the fridge where it will continue to ferment slowly.
  • gmabethof3
    Beth, settling the flower bed for the winter is just the thing! Have a friend who does horticultural therapy, it works! For me it's drawing botanicals. I am not that great with actual growing plants, except my shamrock is doing well.

Gayle, yes, working in the flower bed is great therapy, and also a lot cheaper than physicologist..LOL
  • gaylebodine
    New low today: 168.5. My daily walking is paying off. Now to hold on to it until next Friday, lol. Beth I have a couple of counseling degrees and all that I learned, for sure, is how to spell psychologist, lol.
  • gaylebodine
    Pam, that's funny about the sets! So great that DH shares your passions!
  • Cclill
    MapDancer wrote: »

Only in my imagination and dramaland! It's gotten so DH and I recognize landscapes, cliffs and sets re-used from various dramas.

Today friends came over to make kimchi. It's my 6th batch - their first. We'll leave our 2-quart jars out for 3 days before putting in smaller jars in the fridge where it will continue to ferment slowly.

So cool that you are making kimchi! Its a very interesting (and somehow funny) fermentation process that i will post after i meet my writing deadline
  • Cclill
    New low today: 168.5. My daily walking is paying off. Now to hold on to it until next Friday, lol. Beth I have a couple of counseling degrees and all that I learned, for sure, is how to spell psychologist, lol.

Congrats on new low!!!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Indeed, congrats on the new low! I am struggling to keep at 167. Up, down, up lots, down a little, down again . : . I painted one side of our Bunkie today. Sore. It is a four room building so perhaps Bunkie doesn't do it justice. Then 18 holes of golf in the afternoon. But, I probably ate too much because I get hungry after golf. Sigh.. I do better on quieter days when I walk. But this time of year there are a lot of end of season outdoor chores. I think of them as exercise and not chores. It helps get them done in a more upbeat frame of mind.

My computer is sick and old and tired. A new one arrives Friday and will take some time to setup. So I am a bit sketchy on keeping on line but will try. Not an expense we need right now but a must have.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    hey, Pam

Just wanted to thank you for checking in here. Seeing that maintenance can work at small sizes is so encouraging to me.
  • MapDancer
    Dasher: This is the only place I continue to look at. I like this small group of women! After tracking everything that went in my mouth for 18 months I just stopped logging when I hit my goal. Just couldn't do it anymore. But I do want to maintain my streak of maintenance!

Today is 5 months of maintaining my morning weight between 129-131.8. I know that I would be still in a healthy BMI up to 136 (for 5'2"), and that for my age even a little more would be fine. I don't know that I've discovered any trick to it. I do at least an hour of activity every day. I still weight out some foods (cereal, chocolate bark, kimchi fried rice..). If I really crave something I take a bite or two, and I can stop there.

My DH has plateaued after losing 30 lbs - another 20 to go? he's a guy and won't talk about it ;)
    So I'm still aware of serving sizes and will take the slight larger piece of Texas Sheet cake (87g/serving) to help him out!

A question I've been asked, even this morning, is "isn't maintenance harder than losing it?" For me - no. Even losing wasn't really hard. It was slow. But I was motivated seeing the me "underneath" being revealed.

I'm thinking of what makes something hard to do.. maybe it's when you don't have the ability/input/control to change something? Getting a divorce from 1st husband was very hard, my dad's passing was very hard.
    But making food choices and putting food in my mouth is totally in my control!

Thanks for prompting me to think about this.

Off to the treadmill and episode 20 of Baker King Kim Tak Gu - it's getting exciting!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm still here!

Beth: I can see your picture on the Newsfeed, but not here in the group! I'm puzzled!

Gayle: Congrats on your son's driver's license! Sounds like he knew just what to do!

Pam: What kind of kimchi? Cabbage or Radish or someother? Very exciting about the restaurant!

The only thing I ever saw Shin Min-a was Beautiful Days and she was very young then in a supporting role. Choi Jin-woo starred in Beautiful Days so, of course, I watched it! She has been in about 25 different TV shows.

I looked up the hanbok in the 8th Arang episode. The white and blue? Or the mint green? I think the new one coming up look good. I'll watch.

Glad you are liking Baker King. It was good, but not a favorite. It did have a good mystery base going with the brother and stuff about his mother etc. and the conflict.

I think there are only two more episodes of Twenty Again so it will end this weekend. I really, really recommend this one! First, I think you would like Choi Jin-woo once you see her in something! She is my favorite, by far! The story line is a little more mature! Great male lead!

I started watching Go to School...but, I haven't been watching too much Korean (except the two episodes of Twenty Again which I can't wait to watch beyond Saturday night when they are released. I haven't been working out on bike and I have been crocheting without a pattern so I've been watching BBC repeats so I don't have to read subtitles.

Had to laugh about the reuse of the sets! That one rooftop apartment has been in everything. First saw it in Coffee Prince! Oh, and the rooftop office building set. There is one switchback steps place. Along the river at the bridge. The playground and the campground. The steps with the flower painting. Iconic sets!

I'm hoping that things slow down soon. I'm swamped at work. At home. Everywhere. Right now I need to finish the Birthday Cake Halloween costume for my granddaughter as parties start this weekend. Turning out really cute. I didn't have a pattern, but I can create things with shape/dimension by crocheting pretty easily. Thought it would have more body for the cake layers crocheted bulky, yet she could sit down easier than if I used cardboard or wire hoops. I am using a really chunky white yarn so it looks like frosting. Covered a small hatbox to wear as a hat and that will be the top layer with a battery operated candle that I covered in purple duct tape. The middle layer is the bodice. Says "Happy Birthday" on that layer. The bottom layer goes from waist to bottom of her butt. The layers are trimmed in purple and the flowers will be purple. She will need to wear leggings and a long-sleeved T-shirt under it though. Weather is turning cold here.

I have been walking and doing Tai Chi (and not at class), but, no other working out! I really screwed up my back last week and wanted to give it a rest. Also wanted a massage, but she was booked! I took a 4-day weekend and did some fun things -- a kids' theater of Pinkalicious with granddaughter. A day at conservatory and botanical gardens with friend. A short road trip to a pumpkin patch and country store with another friend and then dinner out-of-town.

I've been hanging steady from low to about 3 pounds over. Another plateau. Still don't think I'll see 140 for the challenge. :( But, I'm cheering on all of you!
  • gmabethof3
    Charlie, Weird you can not see my picture on here, but can see it on the newsfeed. Wonder what that is?