MTD - 20.13
    MR - 54.87
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going to aim for another 750 miles as I have a lot on this month

01-09: 41.02 miles
    02-09: 34.14 miles
    03-09: 42.07 miles (Strava KOM - 6 seconds faster)
    04-09: 40.03 miles (Strava KOM - 18 seconds faster)
    05-09: 42.85 miles
    August miles: 200.10

YTD miles: 8437
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    Options
    9/1 - ran 3.5 miles
    9/2 - swam .3 and biked 4.7 miles
    9/4 - ran 5 miles

13.5 / 150 miles complete!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.40 miles walked today

32.77 miles walked to date
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Work gets in the way of keeping me in the green :explode: First of four nights off, so I got out and walked 4.1. I was hoping to run, but it's like an oven out there and I think my weather app is lying when it says it's a mere 90. It did feel good to get out and move when it didn't involve answering a call light (and one run down the hall to an emergency staff assist alarm).

Got my RMR tested on Wed. I did one about a year and a half ago, just after I first started this journey and it was 1710. Sixty-four pounds later, it actually went up to 1843. I think the leg and glute muscles this group/challenge has helped whip into shape are responsible for a lot of it so :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    good day today walked nearly 6 miles new total 20.45 miles
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    9/5 - 2.25 miles walked
    6 miles exercise bike

oJjKm6.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I bought my Trek MTB from my local bike shop here in town, since has closed. When I got the bike, they never fit me properly to the bike. I have been having problems road riding all along, but until I got clip in pedals I never really paid attention to it. Now, today at my new bike shop the owner did a overall fit for me and my bike. Oh boy has that solved alot of problems overall. I did not realize I was riding with a seat almost 2 inches to low, and he rolled my bars up, adjusted my brake/shifters down so I am not fighting my body position my entire ride. Today was such a massive improvement, totally changed how I ride, my position and cadence, and comfort level with the clip ins is so much better. Even in the 20 knot winds I was much more stable. I did not feel any pain in my left thigh at all and hands are not going numb. I am finally using all my leg muscles. I love my new bike shop!

09/01 - 12.0 miles biking
    08/02 - 2.0 miles walking
    08/03 - 15.0 miles biking
    08/04 - 2.0 miles walking
    08/05 - 8.0 miles biking

Total: 39.0 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

KAR328 - That's great that you've bumped up your RMR so much!! :drinker:

ANACONDA469 - Makes a WORLD of difference when the bike is adjusted correctly, doesn't it!! Seat height is SO important and most people don't have theirs dialed in right. Most have them too low because they don't want to be so high off the ground or want to still be able to touch the ground. That's wrong. The seat should be high enough that you're *this close* to locking your knees out when your foot is at the bottom of the pedal circle, but not quite. This 'straightening' of the leg helps SO much and reduces the 'burn' felt in the muscles during hard pedaling. Glad you feel better and safer on your bike! :flowerforyou:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Friday 9/05

(Exercise bike 30.38 miles & walk 1.25 miles )

**total 31.63 miles for today

***174.83 miles done and 725.17 miles to go....:happy:
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    8.2 mile hike on Lewis Trail

21.7 / 100
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Sept 5: 11 miles running and walking

TTD: 53 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 35 miles for 81 out of 300.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I bought my Trek MTB from my local bike shop here in town, since has closed. When I got the bike, they never fit me properly to the bike. I have been having problems road riding all along, but until I got clip in pedals I never really paid attention to it. Now, today at my new bike shop the owner did a overall fit for me and my bike. Oh boy has that solved alot of problems overall. I did not realize I was riding with a seat almost 2 inches to low, and he rolled my bars up, adjusted my brake/shifters down so I am not fighting my body position my entire ride. Today was such a massive improvement, totally changed how I ride, my position and cadence, and comfort level with the clip ins is so much better. Even in the 20 knot winds I was much more stable. I did not feel any pain in my left thigh at all and hands are not going numb. I am finally using all my leg muscles. I love my new bike shop!

There is nothing quite like a great local bike shop. They can make riding so much better and more fun. :wink: :wink:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    4 miles

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in 10 miles on my ex bike tonite after a T25 Double Day Friday workout! That means 2 kick your *kitten* back to back workouts, my legs were screaming at me!!!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
This discussion has been closed.