Workouts

Options

Replies

• prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 4/ TJ Fat Blaster - 315 calories. Was jumping higher today. This one is always so much fun.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    CLX Burn Circuit 2 - Week 4

BC is almost over. I am definitely feeling stronger and I've up'd my weights. I will post where I started vs where I end when I complete BC 3.

I've been trying to up my calories which I've somewhat succeeded at doing but now I feel bloated almost all the time. I do not like waking up in the morning feeling like I still have food on my stomach. I'm trying to re-tweek my menu so I can remove a lot of the process food I'm eating and get in more whole foods. Gotta try to keep the sodium down.

I hope everyone is doing well.

TTYL!!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Push Circuit 3 today and I added extreme abs. I feel I have more to give to my abs on weight days instead of being as fatigued after cardio. I hurt my back a little on Friday from going to heavy so took yesterday will be making burn intervals up tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I finished the program last week! :drinker:

I summed up my results with before and after pics in my MFP blog here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OneBryteSmile/view/my-chalean-extreme-review-results-246336.

I don't think that pic does justice for how different my body looks now than it did 3 months ago but it really has changed and I'm so glad I did this program. I definitely plan to keep going with the Lean for Life but I'm considering doing it as a hybrid with Insanity.

Good luck to you all!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Cclancaster take care of your back lady. Allow it to rest.

OneBryteSmile yes I can definitely see the change. You've lost inches and from what I can see your upper back and arms have tone up nicely.

Today I did Turbo Fire HIIT 30 Class. Burned 372 calories.

Off to work. Have an awesome day everybody!!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Push Circuit 1! Finally. 333 calories. I surprised myself with some of the weights. 20 lbs is a huge jump up from curling 15 though.

OneBryteSmile, I can see some change in your upper body, too. Great job!

Cclancaster, I hope your back is feeling better.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Thanks guys I did rest up Saturday just did house cleaning and put a therma care wrap on my back all day. Woke up Sunday and felt great so I did Push 3 and so far so good. Did Burn intervals today and I am so excited I got through the sumo burpees with no modifications and no stops finished all 20 also did all the moves using the thigh toner except one.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hello all! You all are doing great! I haven't posted in a while but I'm still working away on Push. I've upped my weights on everything. I've also started adding in another set of certain exercises. I'm on the third week of Push and wanted more results. My muscles were truly fatigued when I finished Push 1 today. Yeah! I'm really looking forward to taking my measurements at the end of this month. I lost 7 inches from Burn.

I also added in Turbo Fire as my cardio. I love it!

For those struggling with posterior flys, I find I have better form and no pain (my left posterior deltoid gives me trouble when lifting) when I sit down, lean over so my chest touches my thighs and lift up leading with my elbows. It is still working your posterior delts.

Karen
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Hello all! You all are doing great! I haven't posted in a while but I'm still working away on Push. I've upped my weights on everything. I've also started adding in another set of certain exercises. I'm on the third week of Push and wanted more results. My muscles were truly fatigued when I finished Push 1 today. Yeah! I'm really looking forward to taking my measurements at the end of this month. I lost 7 inches from Burn.

I also added in Turbo Fire as my cardio. I love it!

For those struggling with posterior flys, I find I have better form and no pain (my left posterior deltoid gives me trouble when lifting) when I sit down, lean over so my chest touches my thighs and lift up leading with my elbows. It is still working your posterior delts.

Karen

Which exercises did you decide to do two sets of? I am curious?
  • Kincar
    Options

Which exercises did you decide to do two sets of? I am curious?

In general, I do two sets of any exercises that target the overall muscle group. I don't do two sets of posterior flys because they target the back of the shoulder while the frontal press focuses on the anterior deltoid. The overhead press engages all of the deltoid so I will do two sets of that.

I do two sets of all lower body work except for the single leg squat (I use two 25s for that so my legs are finished by the 8th rep). I don't double the single leg dead lifts because I don't feel I get a good workout from them. Instead I do an extra set of regular dead lifts. I love dead lifts. They can really lift your bottom if they are done correctly.

There are others I don't do two sets of, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Doing extra sets doesn't greatly increase the time it takes to work out. I simply pause the dvd, take a minute or two of rest, and then do the extra set. As I said, my muscles were truly fatigued after PC 3 yesterday. It reminded me of the old days. Loved it!
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Thank you because even though at the time of the exercise I feel tired at the 8th rep I am not feeling the muscle aches that I did with Burn so I like your idea of doing two reps I think I will do double reps of regular squats, regular sumo squats, dead lifts, bicep curls, overhead press, bench press and chest flies. If I missed any you think I would benefit from please let me know.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I've only done circuit 1 of Push, but I could have definitely done more sets.
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I actually finish a round a CLX earlier this year. Now, I have decided to do the CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid. I'm using the program that Chalene posts in her TF book. The first 2 days are mostly stretching, but tomorrow I am doing Burn 1. I miss the lifting and can't wait to get back into it.
  • Kincar
    Options
    Thank you because even though at the time of the exercise I feel tired at the 8th rep I am not feeling the muscle aches that I did with Burn so I like your idea of doing two reps I think I will do double reps of regular squats, regular sumo squats, dead lifts, bicep curls, overhead press, bench press and chest flies. If I missed any you think I would benefit from please let me know.

You might want to add in some triceps. They tend to be weak in women. Plus, with good shoulder work they add fabulous shape to your arms.

I personally love the exercise where you lie on your back with the weight above your forehead and lower it to the floor beyond your head. I can't think of the name. I think it's at the end of PC3. It's great for your back muscles including your lats (back of your ribs) which aren't really engaged by any CE exercise that I can think of. That was the exercise that inspired me to try more sets. I wasn't satisfied after one set. That and the fact that I still can't do a regular push up!

Karen
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 1/Push Circuit 2 - 358 calories. I am not liking the single-leg deadlifts at all. My leg just felt too wobbly. My knee felt really dodgy... :grumble:
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Still lifting the Lean for Life schedule- slightly modified. Today I completed Lean 1.

Angie
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Yesterday was my last day of BC!! Now its Push tomorrow!! Burned 312 calories.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Thanks Karen for your advice I did that today and now my arms feel like jello again. LOL. I am still unable to go high enough I think for my lower body to feel it like it should. I fear this may be the issue through this whole month. My hands are very weak and holding 20lb weights is hard enough I think I could really up that to 25 maybe even 35 but my hands just can't hold that amount of weight. Has anyone else come up against this and what has been your solution?
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Back in the saddle again! Yesterday I did Push Circuit 2 and today I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 1. Today's calorie burn was 501 calories-- can't remember yesterday's but I think it was 270-something.
  • Kincar
    Options
    ):happy:
    Thanks Karen for your advice I did that today and now my arms feel like jello again. LOL. I am still unable to go high enough I think for my lower body to feel it like it should. I fear this may be the issue through this whole month. My hands are very weak and holding 20lb weights is hard enough I think I could really up that to 25 maybe even 35 but my hands just can't hold that amount of weight. Has anyone else come up against this and what has been your solution?

Glad I could help.

I've read that kettlebells are good for building hand and wrist strength. I remember that people used to squeeze tennis balls to build grip strength. Your grip involves everything from the elbow down and there different kinds of grip strength. My forearms have been quite achy since I'm lifting heavier in Push.

There are women's weight lifting groups here. You might want to post your question on one of them.

When I didn't have high enough weights to fail I went really slowly on my legs. That helped fatigue them.