2 week challenge

Replies

• AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Hi ladies!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I had a terrfiic week this week, well much better than last week!! Got in all my workouts, and my whole body is feeling it today! Went for a 10 km run with my sister this morning, it was a struggle but still finished in under an hour. Now to buy groceries, do food prep, and laundry...Stairs tomorrow and then reward meal for family supper Sunday! Really happy with how things are going, only 5 weeks or so left!! I hope the scale shows the results of my hard work tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's weekends! Have a great time!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,106 Member
    Congrats on all the hard work, AScheif! Keeping your momentum going is KEY - and with only 5 weeks left, I'm sure you are just a BUNDLE OF ENERGY right now!

amy, we are doing our turkey, today. I'm pretty grumpy about it....normally we have Easter supper catered, but my oldest son wants me to cook the stupid turkey he gets from his work as a Xmas bonus every year. So, the only day everyone can get together is today. There's 9 for dinner. I don't feel like having company. I don't feel like entertaining. I haven't had a very good week at work. And even with a REALLY LONG WORK-OUT, today, I'm just VERY GRUMPY.

I have had about 14 hours of sleep over the last 3 nights.

And, this vent is officially WAY TOO LONG.

Happy Easter all you FABULOUS WOMEN! Keep keeping on....you are my inspiration!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Beeps - I am sorry about your boss! Work place drama is the worst...you can't choose not to engage with them anymore, you have to! You too, Amy! I hope this doesn't shake things up too much for you.

Last day of my rest week, finally feeling better but still not tip top. Big family get together tomorrow (No, really, like 50 people) so I am going to use my best self control to keep count of the chocolate eggs I eat :) I've had events the past few nights but have managed to stay in cal range and close to macros even with some alcohol in there. I have Monday off too so looking forward to catching up on work :)

Have a fabulous weekend and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

PS lost MORE weight. Haven't weighed in today but i was 139.2 yesterday. We'll see if it all comes back this week :)
  • Beeps2011
    Good for you, chui....I'm going to eat more calories because my weight loss has stalled, again. (PS - I'm not even supposed to be weighing myself, yet! But, I did....) It is TOM, but still....I should actually record my new weight, but then my ticker goes up and I'm not interested in seeing that everyday.

Boo.

Happy Easter, all! We did our easter supper on Friday, so I'm through the worst of it....except I'll indulge in some chocolate eggs, today, now that Easter Bunny has visited my children, lol!

PS - I worked out HARD on Friday and HARD yesterday. Today, I want to REST....although a gf has asked me to go for a walk and I will probably participate - even though my foot is bugging me.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Oh my goodness there is so much going on in here I don't think I can respond to it all!!! I hope you all had wonderful Easter/Passover whatever holiday/religion celebrations this weekend!

My mental break break is over and apparently the timing was perfect. Short recap - having issues with a co-worker, my son left my I-Touch at a restaurant and someone stole it (mind you I teach all my classes with the thing), found out my husband's job is probably closing down and lastly, a co-worker at my school was arrested for sexually assaulting 3 kids and I don't know if any of them were my students :cry: I was a mess last week. I am glad to be back to tracking because at this point, it seems like it is the only thing I can control in my life. But no pity party here. It is a new day, I am ready for business and I have my goals set.

At the moment, my belly is hanging over my sweat pants :grumble: so that is motivation enough, lol!! Ok, ladies, my boys are STILL on spring break, so I have to take them to lunch!

I am so impressed, inspired and motivated by you all who have stuck through the holidays working so hard! :drinker: You are amazing!!! Happy Monday!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Happy Monday everyone! Jen I am right there with ya...time to get back on track! This 3 day weekend kicked my butt!

I am proud to say I got in all my workouts, officially one more week of p90x! YAY! But, my eating was just ridiculous! I logged pretty much everything, except yesterday. We drank too much the whole weekend and ate too much candy yesterday. My plan for this week is to stay on track 100% Monday-Friday. That means no drinks, no cheat snacks or meals and also get in every workout I have planned. Saturday we are having people over for a feast, my husband got a free half ham and a whole turkey from his work. So we are making those for a bunch of our friends. I am going to prepare some healthy sides though and limit the drinks and meat I eat. And then its back to 100% Sunday.

Jen- So sorry about your rough week....sounds like more than one person can handle!

Beeps- take care of that foot!

Ascheif- amazing as usual! Can't believe you only have 5 weeks left!
  • Beeps2011
    Chloe....good for you for tracking, even on a "hard" weekend. I gave up yesterday, actually....

jen - omg - it sounds like you really ARE in the midst of a total downer in real life. THAT SUCKS! However, look at how VERY QUICKLY you have simply pulled up your boot-straps and gotten right back down to business. That is VERY inspirational and I, for one, can certainly learn a lesson from you.

My work sucked last week, too. However, I have mentally processed what I CAN change, and what I CANNOT change - and I'm only going to work on the things I CAN change....the rest, well, I'm not going to drive myself nuts about things I CANNOT change!

I CAN change my body....and that I'm going to (continue to) work on. Today, I'll be one work-out closer to the goal(s) I have set for myself. And, today I will be one day closer to eating a very well-balanced and nutritonally-sound diet!

Let's GO GIRLS!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    So I am going to take a "rest week" next week and I say that in quotes because I still intend to do cardio. I was thinking maybe 2 days of running and 2 or 3 fun cardio days, maybe a dvd I haven't done in awhile or a nice long walk outside if we have good weather. I want to take at minimum 2 full rest days though.

I was just wondering if you all take rest weeks? And if so what do you do those weeks?
  • Beeps2011
    I took a "forced" rest week when I went away on holidays....and, it stretched into too many "rest days", if you ask me.

However, NROL4W DEMANDS rest weeks....and, I'm going to TRY and comply (somewhat). I will take a rest week between Stage 5 and Stage 6 - so, that's likely the 3rd week of May. And, I intend on doing cardio/stretching during my "rest week" - but ZERO lifting.

I'll probably do "steady-state cardio" during my "rest weeks"....I actually continue to find HIIT very hard. My heart/lungs don't seem to like anaerobic exercise very much - and I can't tell if it's just that I'm weak, or if it truly is my asthma. I continue to plod along with HIIT, but, I'm really not "improving" very much, at all.

What are you going to do for your rest week, Chloe?
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Don't have time to respond to everything going on but I just took a rest week (due to illness, but I had one coming anyways) and it was beneficial. I think it can be tough to get back into the swing but I can tell my body is happier for it. If I had felt better I would have added cardio :)
  • Beeps2011
    I want this thread to roll-over....
  • Beeps2011
    chui - sorry you were ill - you are SMART to take the rest you need (to get over illness) and then get back into it, when body feels better.
  • Beeps2011
    I think it will take 7 more posts to roll-it.
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
  • Beeps2011
    ....okay, I think this is the NEW "part" for this thread!

And, it really *is* time for me to focus on a NEW 2-week-challenge....