Replies

• JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • horsesalwaysknewher
    horsesalwaysknewher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm Meghan--I'm 27 and live in metro Detroit with my husband and three cats and two dogs. I'm currently somewhere between 315 and 320 at 5' 6.5", and my goal right now is just to get under 200 pounds and then reevaluate. If anyone here is in the Detroit area, feel free to message me!
  • CleanKim
    CleanKim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :smile: My name is Kim and I am sick and tired of being FAT!! I started Eating Clean April 13. My starting weight was 365 and I am down 22 pounds. I joined TOPS a couple of weeks ago and someone from the meeting told me about this site. I have been yo yo ing for years and I am sick of it! I just turned 46 and it's way past time to start living a healthy life. I am married and have 2 daughters, 14 and 20. I have never been one to reach out for support, but this time I am keeping it REAL. I need help! That was the reason I joined TOPS and this site. I've suffered with depression for years and it is definitely contributed to my obesity...or vice versa. Please friend me if you desire and we can help each other.
  • ColleenPosley
    Options
    I'm Colleen. I'm 35 and weigh in at a HEFTY 525 today. Frankly, it's not the fat that bugs me. It's the lack of cute clothes that gets to me. I'm 35, not 105, right? I'm also 6'1" tall, and I don't want to be 110lbs...I'm shooting for a nice 185lbs. I get to be in better shape and keep all my curves. I've dieted before using whatever's out there (except the grapefruit diet...WTH?) and I'm hoping the groups, blogging, and trackers will do it for me. It's gonna take a long time.
  • tauntonlady
    Options
    Hi all

My name is Sandra. I'm currently 320 lbs and looking to get down to under 200 as a starting point.

It's time for me to take positive action - life is way too short, we all need to live and enjoy every moment!

Hope you all have a very good day!

X
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    welcome!!
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    My highest weight was 405 a short time ago. I just now weighed in at 395.

I had been in the 300s for many years, and only got into the 400s over the past few months, I guess (hadn't been weighing myself). So, I'm going to be in this 300 bracket for a long time, and the main reason I'm posting this is to kinda validate it: I'm not in the 400s, and I never will be again. I'm losing weight the right way for the first time ever: CONSISTENTLY counting calories, tracking macros, making healthy food choices and exercising.
  • CleanKim
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new to the site and group, too. I love this site. It helps keep me focused and accountable! Good things coming our way!! Feel free to add if you want! We all can slay the dragon together!!
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great going!
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Trista, I am 5'3" and weigh 330ish. Not really sure of my exact weight. I def need the help keeping this up. :)
  • CleanKim
    Options
    Welcome Trista!
  • MelissaKaye91
    MelissaKaye91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) my name is Melissa and I.m new to myfitnespal. I started my weightloss journey at 430lbs and am currently 359 lbs. I was glad to find a group of 300+ lb folks. I'm glad to be here
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 405 a short time ago. I just now weighed in at 395.

I had been in the 300s for many years, and only got into the 400s over the past few months, I guess (hadn't been weighing myself). So, I'm going to be in this 300 bracket for a long time, and the main reason I'm posting this is to kinda validate it: I'm not in the 400s, and I never will be again. I'm losing weight the right way for the first time ever: CONSISTENTLY counting calories, tracking macros, making healthy food choices and exercising.

congrats snow, that is a big step, being honest to yourself and the world, even if its just to strangers!!! I can relate big time!! I bet you were nervous when you hit "post reply" but also felt a sense of relief and were a tiny bit proud of yourself...WTG!!!! Add me as a friend if you'd like.

p.s. I have lived with the last name PUGH all my life......pepe le pew and the girl pepe le pew and the skunk in bambi were my favorites ;) my brother is in the Navy and his flight nickname was PEPE...lol. (kids are mean when you have a weird last name!!)
  • jennie1007
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined today and am super nervous. I weigh 307...my heaviest ever. I am going to Lativa in the fall and want to be able to fit in a plane seat (I feel horrible just saying that). Any guidance would be appreciated!!
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined today and am super nervous. I weigh 307...my heaviest ever. I am going to Lativa in the fall and want to be able to fit in a plane seat (I feel horrible just saying that). Any guidance would be appreciated!!

No need to be nervous. We are all here with a lot to lose, and going through a lot of the same things. I have found MFP to be a great help. It is a slow progress for me, but feel it will stay off. The MFP friends on here are great and supportive
  • CleanKim
    Options

Hi Jennie, We are all on the same journey. It starts with the first step. Welcome to MFP, it's a great tool. Please add me as a friend if you desire.
  • CleanKim
    Options
    Hi everyone :) my name is Melissa and I.m new to myfitnespal. I started my weightloss journey at 430lbs and am currently 359 lbs. I was glad to find a group of 300+ lb folks. I'm glad to be here

Hi Melissa! We are glad you are here too! You have done very well! Keep up the great work!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm Sherri. I am a 37 year old wife and mother of an 8 year old daughter. I also work full-time at a primarily sit down office job. I have been overweight since childhood and was put on my first doctor supervised diet at the age of 9. Since then I have tried just about every diet known to man (some of them twice). I have managed to lose substantial amounts of weight several times in the past, but it always came back plus several more pounds.

Highest Weight 325
    Current Weight 236
    Goal Weight 180
    Ultimate Goal Weight 160
  • CleanKim
    Options
    I'm Sherri. I am a 37 year old wife and mother of an 8 year old daughter. I also work full-time at a primarily sit down office job. I have been overweight since childhood and was put on my first doctor supervised diet at the age of 9. Since then I have tried just about every diet known to man (some of them twice). I have managed to lose substantial amounts of weight several times in the past, but it always came back plus several more pounds.

Highest Weight 325
    Current Weight 236
    Goal Weight 180
    Ultimate Goal Weight 160

Welcome Sherri, Looks like you are well on your way!
  • MelissaKaye91
    MelissaKaye91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks bunches Kim and thank you for the add as well :)