Introduce yourself

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• smartmom0818
    Options
    Hi group... my name is Diana, I am 29, and I weigh 338 lbs. I don't have any excuses for why I weight this much, I just love to eat and love to feel full. I am an emotional eater and I will eat out of boredom or in times of stress. I really despise the way I look now which is why I am on this site for the first time. I have anxiety about leaving my house, I feel like people are looking at me like wow, she is huge. I see little kids point and giggle at me and I just cry. I have a daughter and I would love another child but not at this weight. My current goal is to just get out of the 300's for good and never return there again as long as I live.
  • healthyMSk
    healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Karen, I'm 35 and a housewife. I don't have kids but am the full time caregiver to my mother-in-law who has end stage Alzheimer's. Taking care of her I'm home ALL the time which is not good.

I'm around 340 right now. I have lost in the past but just can't seem to break that 300lb for some reason. I'm hoping this site will be the motivation I need. I'm also disabled since I was born with spinal issues.I do ok most days, just have to watch what I do. Looking for friends & just folks to chat with.

I'm going for the stay really busy so I don't turn to food for comfort plan. :smile: So far I have started painting & gardening to keep myself busy. Trying to replace Pintrest ideas for food.:laugh:
    My other hobby is traveling. Finding accessible places to go is my husband's passion so I spend a good bit of time on that topic. If you know of any good places I would love to hear about them. http://www.qchair.com/

I really want this to be the time I stick with this weight loss & get my health back on track so I can do the thing I enjoy.
  • digitalodin
    digitalodin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!
    I'm Jesse, 27 and I'm looking to be around 165 lbs. I'm at 359 lbs right now but little by little I will get there. Good to meet you all!
  • KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    Hello Everyone. My name is Lisa. I'm a mother of 4. I started MyFitnessPal 6/18/12. My starting weight was 316.6. As of yesterday I have lost 7.6 Lbs so far. I have a long ways to go but looking forward to getting healthy. Thanks for the support. :smile:
  • FaithFitness4Life
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen! I started last week at 336.7lbs and figure it will take me 2 years, to safely lose the weight but I'm determined. i'm 40 yrs old, married to wonderful husband with our 2 kids.
    I love to exercise with the wii becuase i don't sweat so i have to workout indoors.
    I also have asthma and PCOS.

If anyone has PCOS, I'd love to hear from you. PCOS make losing weight like going UP the DOWN escalator, its very tough. I need low carb, low fat, low sugar, low sodium.

Today is weigh-in on my first week and I've lost 2.7lbs. This is no longer an "option" for me but someting I must do to save my life, get healthy and start living. (I didnt gain my weight until I got married, I used to be thin and fit)

Hugs!
    Jen
  • michelle0suzann
    michelle0suzann Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!!

My name is Michelle. A few years ago I weighed 207 and never realized how great that was!! Three years have elapsed and I practically doubled my weight! One step at a time!!! I'm down about 34 lbs - still have a long way to go but am excited about what the future holds! Looking for some extra support and motivation and promise to give some in return!

Michelle
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My name is Christina. I'm 22, my starting weight was 329 I'm currently at 318.2. I have been om MFP for a few weeks now. My goal is to get to 130.
  • fezzi
    fezzi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, there.

My name is Deborah. I'm so happy to see a group of folks who have been in the 300+ range. I'm at 330 right now. It can be lonely sometimes. Living at this weight has changed the way I think about life. I need to think about fitting into chairs, being over the weight capacity of a step stools and ladders, unable to buckle the seatbelt in older cars. Last year I sunk the kayak my fiance and I were in. It was humiliating, but also hilarious in retrospect.

I met a woman who was celebrating her 80th birthday recently. That was my major motivation to change. I realized that I won't make it to 80 without some serious changes. Food is not worth having a limited life anymore.

Here's to courage, hope, and hard work!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss, I was at 350. When I started MFP back in January I was at 338. Now I'm at 259 and feeling great!
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chuck. When I first started I weighed over 400, I'm not sure exactly. I manage to loose down to 387 pounds when I first started on MFP. on May 29th, I'm now 342.4, thats 44.6 pounds in 61 days... :)

I made my goal to eat only healthy foods that nourishes me, and not eat what harms me...

I eat mainly raw vegetables, fruit, nuts seeds, and occasionally, cooked legumes...

I'm also interested in reversing the diseases that eating the standard American diet caused.
    I'm now off insulin totally, and I hope to end my oral diabetes medication though healthy eating and weight loss...
    I also have congestive heart failure, which is much better now than when I was 400 pounds.
    What caused me to undertake such a radical diet was, what happened to me back in May 28th 2012.

For several years, I've had to ride in an electric shopping cart due to shortness of breath, and severe lower back pain when walking. On this day I went to the grocery store, and they had no electric shopping carts, so after waiting for one for about 30 minutes I gave up, and tried to use a regular shopping cart. I made it half way though the store, I found a bench near the pharmacy, and I sat there exhausted, profuse sweating, extreme shortness of breath. After sitting there for 30 -45 minutes, I had to ask for help, and the staff brought me an electric shopping cart, and I managed to check out and drive back home.
    The most embarrassing event of my life, and that event changed my life forever.

After 30 days of eating healthy foods, I no longer need a electric shopping cart, and hope that lasts as long as I'm alive...
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chuck. When I first started I weighed over 400, I'm not sure exactly. I manage to loose down to 387 pounds when I first started on MFP. on May 29th, I'm now 342.4, thats 44.6 pounds in 61 days... :)

I made my goal to eat only healthy foods that nourishes me, and not eat what harms me...

I eat mainly raw vegetables, fruit, nuts seeds, and occasionally, cooked legumes...

I'm also interested in reversing the diseases that eating the standard American diet caused.
    I'm now off insulin totally, and I hope to end my oral diabetes medication though healthy eating and weight loss...
    I also have congestive heart failure, which is much better now than when I was 400 pounds.
    What caused me to undertake such a radical diet was, what happened to me back in May 28th 2012.

For several years, I've had to ride in an electric shopping cart due to shortness of breath, and severe lower back pain when walking. On this day I went to the grocery store, and they had no electric shopping carts, so after waiting for one for about 30 minutes I gave up, and tried to use a regular shopping cart. I made it half way though the store, I found a bench near the pharmacy, and I sat there exhausted, profuse sweating, extreme shortness of breath. After sitting there for 30 -45 minutes, I had to ask for help, and the staff brought me an electric shopping cart, and I managed to check out and drive back home.

After 30 days of eating healthy foods, I no longer need a electric shopping cart, and hope that lasts as long as I'm alive...

That is inspiring. BIG CONGRATS on losing 44.6 pounds so far. Keep going.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined MFP three weeks ago, I've lost 15lbs and I've had fun doing it.

I'm 33, born and raised in Iowa. I married a fantastic man on May 1st of this year. He's very supportive and encouraging. I work very long graveyard shifts at a boring job so I'm always fighting boredom cravings.

I love making friends on here. Everyone is so supportive and nice. So, add me! :flowerforyou:
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options

That is inspiring. BIG CONGRATS on losing 44.6 pounds so far. Keep going.

Thank you!
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey all! George here.

I'm 31 and, although I am now under 300lbs (FINALLY), I've spent most of my life over 300. Probably since high school. At my last weigh-in, I was 290.8. I know how hard it is to be over 300 and I know how difficult it is to shop, go out and do things, and just the total embarrassment that comes with doing... well, pretty much anything.

Feel free to add me! I look forward to hearing from whoever and I look forward to offering whatever support I can! :)

Good luck and I look forward to all the success we will have together!

*I posted this in the stickied one, but... figured I'd post it again in the off chance someone will wanna be my MFP buddy :D
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im 26 and started at 334 im down to 315. Ive struggled with weight my entire life....losing gaining....its been a never ending cycle. once i hit my highest ever i decided it had to change NOW and i have to stick with it. I have 150 lbs to lose and any support and encouragement is greatly appreciated feel free to add me
  • lisagk
    lisagk Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I joined a while ago and have yet to put in one check in or post. I am back and really trying this time. I am 44 and the mother of 4 kids. I have been on every diet imaginable and found that exercise and food tracking help the most, but have completly fallen off of the wagon. I started at 349 and lost 44 pounds with exercise and eating right, I have gained back 20 due to extra stress and not watching my stress and stress eating. I am hoping coming back to this site will help me get going again.
  • tamlynne32
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Tammy!! I started my journey at 310!! I am currently between 290 and 300.. I just can't get out of the vicious cycle of being stuck in between there. I would love to find others that are where I am at. Feel free to add me! I can't wait to get to know you all!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    george pretty much told part of my story about not being able to shop, at all with about dying...i resorted to shopping online for groceries..wasnt brave enough to use the cart!!
  • Robin_Dennewitz
    Options
    I am new to this group.
    I need to shed over 200 pounds to be at a healthy weight.

I am also looking for weight loss buddies.
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    Hello everyone, I thought I'd say hello before replying to an interesting topic.
    My name is Beth, I live in the Northeastern US, I'm married and middle-aged, and started knuckling down to lose weight about a year and a half ago.
    My top "known" weight was 422, but I may have been higher, I was afraid to get weighed in case I broke the scale.

I started out eating a lot of salads with grilled chicken, then I began a very low calorie diet with a taboo hormone treatment at a weight loss clinic. Now I'm doing it on my own, no clinic to answer to, just logging my food every day. This site helps me have a more realistic view of how much I'm eating, it's a great tool.

I've lost 89 pounds, kind of slowly, but it's the best I can do. I try not to think too much about the long-term, just keep plugging along and doing my best.

I hope to stay active on this site, it's great to find other people in the same situation and compare notes.

SW: 422
    CW: 333
    GW: 150-ish