Replies

• jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ..and Jnh - wow.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Mstawnya-- IKWYM. The calorie counting has really gotten to me. It has been for a while. I don't mean to have a free for all or anything, but I am really tired of obsessing over them.

It's tough. I'm the type of person who gains quickly when I'm not tracking, but the tracking gets to me every so often. I stopped counting my exercise cals last month which has helped some, but now I"m not sure if I'm eating enough. Why does it have to be so hard?
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Jnh, I want your body! I can't believe you are measuring that much. You sure?

Haha! Yes, I'm sure. I will admit that I'm not hating my legs FROM THE SIDE. From the front, you can tell that they could feed Haiti for a good two weeks. 27"! Again, if you look at people just starting or that have lost like 100lbs, their starting measurements (WHEN THEY NEED TO LOSE ONE HUNDRED POUNDS) are 27"!

Today, I think I'm more sore than ever since starting. We are talking all over my body! I know I started a new stage Monday but it's not like I"ve never done these lifts before! I am not kidding, I'm sore from my forearms to shoulders, all the way down my back, and on the inside and outside of my thighs. I like it but I hope I can still do a decent job today. Sometimes when I really have a rockstar workout, I walk out of the gym questioning how I have any body fat at all. Hahahaha!
  • jnh17
    Options
    Good afternoon all (well, it's afternoon here in New Zealand!)

About to start my 5th & 6th workouts in Stage 1 tomorrow morning - straight after I go out and buy some more weights! I've been shuffling weights from barbell to dumbbells and back again (home gym set up) and it's getting a bit annoying, plus I need more weights for my squats and deadlift as they are too easy - and gloves!

After just 8 workouts I'm already seeing more definition in my arms and shoulders, and somehow I'm still losing weight right now too (had no expectation of this happening). I think upping my cals and starting NRoL4W plus buying an HRM have all contributed?

Have just moved down from the 80s (kgs we're talking here) into the 70s, which is a bit of a benchmark for me. I've lost 12 kgs (26lbs) since joining MFP and my biggest problem, a really nice one, so far is having my clothes fall off me! My mother is 5 foot tall and 47kgs - just tiny - and I want to look as great as she does (but not as light) by the time I'm her age (73 - so I have 21 years to get there!). She's super fit too; she and Dad go off on 20k walks at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, time to get a bit more paying work done before my Friday is over.

Glad you're seeing some great results! I hope I'm having a clothes-falling-off problem at some point :).

My mom also has amazing genetics (size 4 {US} without ever trying). Just simply being active has paid off!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Jnh, I want your body! I can't believe you are measuring that much. You sure?

Haha! Yes, I'm sure. I will admit that I'm not hating my legs FROM THE SIDE. From the front, you can tell that they could feed Haiti for a good two weeks. !

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is too funny but seriously, I think you look great.

Not sure if I told yall yesterday but I took some fun pics. I'll wait until my husband gets home to take the "real" after pics for me BUT I definitely see a difference in my ab area and back. I am liking the way it is starting to look . Just wish the bottom half would follow along. Still don't like the scales today :grumble: My tummy doesn't look as fat and bloated anymore though.
  • jnh17
    Options
    So, just got back from the gym. I was still pretty proud of the weights I moved today considering my DOMS. I finished Stage 4 2A and I haven't had a week off since the end of Stage 1. I'm wondering if I need another. I did take 4 days off between stage 3 and 4 and thought that'd be enough. I could just be having one of those weeks where I'm just not repairing like normal. I mean, I have been SUPER tired/sleepy all week. So ready for 2 days off. I'm taking a nap both days and will hopefully be back like a champ on Monday...
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    So, just got back from the gym. I was still pretty proud of the weights I moved today considering my DOMS. I finished Stage 4 2A and I haven't had a week off since the end of Stage 1. I'm wondering if I need another. I did take 4 days off between stage 3 and 4 and thought that'd be enough. I could just be having one of those weeks where I'm just not repairing like normal. I mean, I have been SUPER tired/sleepy all week. So ready for 2 days off. I'm taking a nap both days and will hopefully be back like a champ on Monday...

jnh, that's a hellova long time to go without a week off. They seem pretty important for muscle/connective tissue healing, and I always find my performance is so much better afterwards. Mentally too, I look forward to lifting more after a break. Take a week, you can still do other stuff.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Did 5A3 this morning. This guy was working out with two other dudes, not sure if he was "training" them or not, but he says, "Hey you want to know about form, look at the lady," meaning me. I couldn't help but smile.:bigsmile: He was doing stiff legged deadlifts and I was was the bent-over row/deadlifts. Frankly I think my form was off a little. I keep my hands hip width apart because of my shoulders, and I tend to use my back to jerk the weight up when it is "heavy". I did 100 lbs today for a new personal best :flowerforyou: I did 100 on the wide lat pull down too , but again my form suffers at much heavier weights. I don't pull the bar all the way down to my chest. It's more like my chin. Since I moved up my weights pretty good, but now my lower back and hips are bothering me.

I conserved calories today because I'm having dinner with my cousin visiting from Utah tonight at the Cheesecake Factory. I was able to do dinner there when I was still eating 1500 a day, so I know I can eat well with the 1000 I have left. I like their skinny menu. Tomorrow we have a wedding and I;m trying to get my game face on so that I don't attack the desert table again.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Wahhaha. Nice, Sam! I'm always like, "Damn, my form is the best form in this gym". I want someone to notice my best form, but sadly I think they only look over when I have a monster wedgie.

Jnh, I will join the hoards and shake my head at your most desirable legs! Mine haven't gone down even -slightly-, persistently staying at 30 inches while my butt and gut dance around doing rapid changes. At this rate, I'll end up being ripped up top with the exact same lower body. lol

Bodyweight matrix scared my pants off last night. I'm not sore yet, but there are still a few more hours left for doms to make itself known. Also, that .. arm up, arm down squat thing? WTF. Terrible. Terrible. I thought I'd be good at 15/30, but no. I had to do 10/15, and even that felt like my uterus was going to bust out and drop on the floor.
  • jojojo909090
    Options
    I had to do 10/15, and even that felt like my uterus was going to bust out and drop on the floor.

I'm sorry to laugh but that really is just so funny! :laugh: Beautifully put!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Fun bun that's how I feel about my body. I am now pretty ripped up top where I barely had any body fat to start and I'm waiting for the lower half to catch up. I also know what you're talking about with the one armed over head squat thingy. I do 15/30, but I have my legs really wide apart for less strain on my back and I can see the guys looking me like I'm crazy doing that move.

My husband has fallen back on his old habit of picking on the size of my butt. I said, "My *kitten* is half the size it used to be thank you very much." he says, "Yeah but it's still disproportionately bigger than the rest of you." FYI, he was first attracted to my amazing teenage butt because the good lord knows I've got nothing on top LOL. My thighs are WAY more firm now though.

Really enjoyed my dinner last night. We ended up at Rainforest Cafe because the wait was WAY shorter. I managed to come in under cals for the day, so GO ME! I think I have mastered most menus at this point because there is NO nutritional info about that place. Now to repeat the process today for our friend's wedding.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The week of the 9-15 was my week off for vacation. This past week has been super stressful on my marriage. I worked out Monday, or started to, and ended up really sick. I lifted Wednesday, but it was not a great workout. I didn't lift at what I usually lift, and I was dragging the whole time. I have been really sore since. Today I'm going to attempt to lift again, but I'm seriously lacking some motivation. I just feel all out of sorts. I need to start stage 4. Is it out of line to ask for some encouragement? A swift kick in the butt? Maybe a gentle one...
  • samntha14
    Options
    Jessica, take care of yourself. You can do this. SOmetimes when it feels like everything else is falling apart you have to focus on the things you CAN control. Get your rest, eat well (eat your calories), and if you need to back off your weight to get the best out of your workout, then do it. I find that a good sweat clears my head. Drink plenty of water too in order to wash out your mind. And an oz of dark chocolate is a proven mood lifter that won't kill your macros and calories for the day :flowerforyou:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Jessica, I have been many times where you are. I am sorry you feel this way. I agree with every thing Sam said.

Now it is the time to say I will beat this!
  • jnh17
    Options
    So on Alwyn's fb page that a new book is coming out. It looks kinda brutal! I may try it after Insanity...

15wyxqc.jpg
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I did it. I did stage 4 workout 1A. I scaled WAY back on my weights, but squeaked out 2 sets. I feel better. Hopefully next week I'll be feeling stronger again.

Off topic: I'm trying to get all my transcripts ordered so I can register for a couple classes next month. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get registered. It's really important that I get these classes done so that I can hopefully get admitted to a nursing program next fall. It is all really stressing me out. :-/
  • jojojo909090
    Options
    Jessica, I was looking at your profile (as one does!) and saw you hadn't filled out your inspiration section.

I'm wondering if now might be a good time to give this some thought to help you refocus? I've always found its easier to stay on track if you have someone else to aspire to being like, whether for their attitude, resolve or achievements. We're never too old to have (and need) heroes :)
  • samntha14
    Options
    So on Alwyn's fb page that a new book is coming out. It looks kinda brutal! I may try it after Insanity...

15wyxqc.jpg
    Yup, and they still have dan on the cover.
    can you post the original link for that I want to put it on my facebook page.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    JNH, I am so getting that book . thanks for posting it.

Amazon.com says the release date is December 27! I guess I can try Body for life until I get the new book.
  • jnh17
    Options

15wyxqc.jpg
    Yup, and they still have dan on the cover.
    can you post the original link for that I want to put it on my facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=439910012696375&set=a.154620731225306.23274.153491271338252&type=1&theater