Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've just started the 3 reps part of Stage 1 as well Sue.

I really enjoyed it (have just done the A so far), felt like a much better workout. I am shocked that the prone jack knifes which just about killed me the first time (when I managed about 3 of them) are now really easy (can do the required 36 without a problem). Perhaps I'm doing them wrong, they SHOULD hurt! Couldn't wait to finish the step ups though.

My shoulders are pleasantly sore today just a beggar that my throat is sore too!

OMG Jojo, you're a monster. I did 5A today! I guess I enjoyed it. I enjoyed being able to finish it, and I even added some weights.

Beeps it's good to hear from you! Hope things have calmed down for you!! I know what you mean about pushups. I actually went down to 24" today and kept form but I know I wasn't deep enough. Feels like I am never going to be strong enough to get to the floor, or get down deep enough and be able to push back up fully. :grumble:

...and I too need to really focus on getting more protein in! I see that most days I'm short. I'm not big on protein bars, all those sugars and fake sugars seem to stall me. Though since I'm not really trying to lose right now, I guess they could be beneficial. Mercury, try canned salmon, and sardines! Loads of protein and the oils in both are very healthy.

I'm looking at gyms, actually looking specifically at World Gym, which is right around the corner from my house and opens @ 5AM which would be awesome for me. Anyone else go there?
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Did workout B from stage 4 today. I'm still backed off my weight. I think it's just as well, since there are more reps in each set.

In other unrelated news, I got registered for the classes I was wanting in. I got registered this morning, as well as got my ID, parking permit, bought my books, and paid my tuition. I'm feeling pretty good about it all.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Did workout B from stage 4 today. I'm still backed off my weight. I think it's just as well, since there are more reps in each set.

In other unrelated news, I got registered for the classes I was wanting in. I got registered this morning, as well as got my ID, parking permit, bought my books, and paid my tuition. I'm feeling pretty good about it all.

Now all you need is to get in that class and get started! I'm also on Stage 4. I did 2B today which I'm pretty proud to say. For some reason, there was a battle of epic proportions going on in my brain today. I literally sat in my car while the fight was going on. BUT - I got out and did it. That's what's up! One less workout towards my goal. In your face, Monday.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Did stage 5 workout 1A today. UGH body weight matrix. I don't understand why there's only 4 reps. I did 4 sets because of the low number of reps.

Anyone understand why such low reps?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    mmm got a new protein from these guys: http://www.nutrition-zone.com/products_list.php?cID=25
    Chocolate peanut butter swirl! its sooo delish!!

I Just finished stage 2 today.. on to stage 3!! yay!
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did stage 5 workout 1A today. UGH body weight matrix. I don't understand why there's only 4 reps. I did 4 sets because of the low number of reps.

It's about developing maximum strength. Low reps (anywhere between 1-4) should always be performed at the highest possible weight you can manage for those reps. You'll also notice that the rest in between has increased. This is to promote maximum recovery between the sets.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am going to finish Stage 1 this week! My AMRAP's are this week. Did you do the AMRAPS on seperate days just like A and B? With a day between or just all at once on your last day?

I am nervous about Stage 2.
  • manic4titans
    Options

It's about developing maximum strength. Low reps (anywhere between 1-4) should always be performed at the highest possible weight you can manage for those reps. You'll also notice that the rest in between has increased. This is to promote maximum recovery between the sets.

ahhh thanks :flowerforyou:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I am going to finish Stage 1 this week! My AMRAP's are this week. Did you do the AMRAPS on seperate days just like A and B? With a day between or just all at once on your last day?

I did not do the AMRAP but what I do gather from looking at the book it means 2 extra workouts to be done separate days with a day between at least. hope that helps
  • Jessica1274
    Options

Now all you need is to get in that class and get started! I'm also on Stage 4. I did 2B today which I'm pretty proud to say. For some reason, there was a battle of epic proportions going on in my brain today. I literally sat in my car while the fight was going on. BUT - I got out and did it. That's what's up! One less workout towards my goal. In your face, Monday.

Lol! Good for you!
  • Jessica1274
    Options

I didn't do the AMRAPs.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I thought yall would be interested in a response I received today. I asked Alwyn about weight loss with NROL4W:

Alwyn Cosgrove ‎@Mary - it's not really a weight loss program. If you are on a good nutrition plan that is helping with fat loss, then this program will speed that up but it's not designed for fat loss directly.

Here is another question and answer:

Sarbello Joe alwyn, i'm looking to cut down my body fat percentage, I have read both of your books. Do you have any reccomendations as far as cardio wise what to do? I'd like to lose about 10% body fat ultimately.

@Joe - I have four books out :) A good diet, 3-4 strength training sessions per week and 2-3 interval training sessions per week (if you have time). Strength training beats cardio for fat loss.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I have now completed all work-outs in NROL4W! That's right....I did work-out 6 of Stage 7, today! I have decided to go through the 6 work-outs (in Stage 7), again, so I'm NOT done the NROL4W program just yet!

I haven't weighed in all month. Nor have I taken any measurements or done pictures. But, end-of-month tasks shall be done next week. So, I'll have a better idea, at that time, whether Stage 7 was "good to me", or not. My thought process is that my measurements will only shrink by the SMALLEST of increments, at this time, given that I'm down to 2 x weight-lifting sessions per week and I'm not following any particular diet/logging plan. But, heck, who knows??

I can say that I don't believe I am GAINING inches. Maybe I've gained weight, but I don't care. My clothes are all fitting just fine.

I guess I'll be done Stage 7 in 3 weeks! Wow! Then I'll have to decide whether:

a) to finish up Stage 6 (I abandoned it half-way through due to nagging shoulder/neck/back injury); or
    b) move on and start NROL4Abs.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    :drinker: Yay Beeps.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'd like to recall my previous message - you know, the one where I said I was excited to start Stage 3 today. I can't imagine what sadistic mind could conceive of such a thing, but wow, that body weight matrix is unreal. And in a sick way, I kind of liked it. lol
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I'd like to recall my previous message - you know, the one where I said I was excited to start Stage 3 today. I can't imagine what sadistic mind could conceive of such a thing, but wow, that body weight matrix is unreal. And in a sick way, I kind of liked it. lol

yeah I was thinking you were a little perverted. now you confirmed it :laugh:

I hate it when I am working it but when I am finished with the BWM I feel good about myself.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    Way to go to everyone for their lifting successes this weekend. Beeps, WAY TO GO!!! Maniac, welcome to stage 5. You'll keep me company this week. Sue, lovely to see you, and I thought of you at the beach today when I saw a 60-something lady totally rocking a bikini. That'll be you next summer!! JNH, great job hanging in there. Lifting really clears out those cobwebs. Joanne, the BWM is a BEAST, but an effective one. I was shocked to cut my tie in half in stage 5.

I'm back at the gym tomorrow. I enjoyed a relaxing day lakeside and dinner out with my men, and a relaxing evening in. Last 2 workouts of stage 5 to go, then I have to decide if I do stage 6 or 7 first. I want to be DONE when I go back to work Sept 4th.

I LOVE LIFTING!!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found myself thinking about the BWM all weekend. "Can't wait to see you again". Mhhhm. The illicit love affair begins.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I started stage 2 last night and I have to say that I liked it alot but I will need to change how I do the overhead press, instead of using a bar I may need to use dumbells as I have wrist issues and it really bothers my when I have to roll the bar back to my fingers.

I need to research the exercises in part B today to make sure I get all the techniques down.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Claudette