Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    awesome Beeps!

I will repeat my previous question so someone please give me your thoughts.

What do yall think of add a couple of exercises of WO6 (stage 7) to WO 3, 4, & 5? I only do half the reps anyway. Think I'll be good?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    go Beeps!! I wish I had your motivation! I am doing the lazy bum deal at them moment. I haven't done anything except clean up the kitchen and bath today! I keep saying "let's go workout" .... but here I sit.

Mary, my answer is I don't know :laugh:

Thanks Sam and FB for your step up answer. I will try both and see which is more comfortable.

Jessica, my butt has been sore since my A workout. I presume it was squats, but I guess it could be step ups too?

Anyway I'm going to try to motivate toward the weights :wink:
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eased back in to my first workout in a week since pulling a back muscle, and it was so good to be lifting again. No bad after effects, only some leg stiffness after the 14 kilometers I walked the day before.

I'll be doing a 100% session today :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    I'd go on holidays, manic, and worry about lifting when you get back.

Sue - I did my month-end measurements/photos/scale this weekend. Results for August = NOT GOOD. So, I'm 100% to blame for that and I just have to get back in touch with WHAT I REALLY WANT. And then do the things that will get me tthere. Period.

jojo - awesome!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Way to go Ladies!!! I decided that I may as well do a full seven days off and start again Wednesday. I'm at five today anyway, and I went straight from 5 to 6. So I'll do the last 2 WO of S6 and keep it moving into 7.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mary, I have a feeling Alwyn would say no to the extra exercises. But... I have been known to add a lil sumpin now and then. :)
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I mean it's just 2 extra exercises for # 3, 4, and 5.

My gym isn't open for holidays and the hurricane closed the town down last week. I don't want to go on vacation and have one stinkin' little workout to do. :ohwell:

My goal was to lose 5 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. I am sure that didn't happen due to the lack of cardio.

I feel so lazy and dread heading back to the gym this week. Why can't I be one of those people who can eat like a bird, exercise like a mad woman, and look like a fitness model.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I've been known to change some things around and add in here or there. ;)

I may have missed this, when are you leaving for vacation?
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi All, jumping back in after the long weekend. I started S6 today, loved it--not only because it was blessedly short (which meant I could get in some cardio afterwards, a bonus). Beeps, I'm with you: 8 weeks of total, 100% commitment coming from me. I'm lowering my calories a little bit, will do 2-3 days of cardio in addition to S6 and S7 and hope to start peeling off this frigging flab finally...

Mary, have a great vacation!

Hi to everyone else :)
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

BEEPS - we must be drinking the same Canadian water! I too had an awesome weekend. I went out for a 4 mile run Saturday morning. But the perfect cool running weather kept prodding me on. In the end, I ran 7 miles and felt fantastic.

The same thing happened Sunday. We were at the lake. Both of my girls agreed to come for a 1 mile run with me. I was supposed to run slow with Dani, then return for a quick mile with Jill, and then head out for 2 on my own. Well, Dani had such a good time that she wanted to run 3. And then Jill couldn't let her younger sister beat her, so we did 3 together too. It was a bit of a harder run, as my 3 will Jill were about 1:30 per mile faster than my pace. Also, the hills kicked my butt a bit. But my bbq steak that night made it all worthwhile!

And then yesterday, I spent the afternoon at the gym. S4 A1 was awesome! I"ve clearly gained some strength during S3! I finished the workout with a nice easy 3 mile run and some good stretching.

Today, DOMS is here. Evidently, my form was excellent yesterday, evidenced by the fact that my glutes feel like they're bruised! But I have to say, I've missed this feeling!
  • joannezuk
    Options
    In other news...I start school again next week. I'm taking two Masters courses per term plus working full time plus life. But, on the bright side, I just called the campus athletic centre, and they have a squat rack! This means that if I work from 8-4, and have school from 6-9, I can squeeze in a workout in between!!! All of that said, i need to actually sit down and map out a plan. When I have time...lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - what is your *overall* plan?? Maybe post that and people can weigh in.....but, recognize that it is YOUR body and YOUR plan, so in the end, you need to do what YOU want.

dande - I'm going to hold you to the 8 weeks - and you can do the same for me, okay?

joanne - HOLY CROW - you *were* the bomb!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!! And, congrats on that squat rack and being able to get your work-outs in (squeezed or not!)....EXCELLENT NEWS. I did my masters a decade ago, while working full-time and having a 15-year-old, a 1-year-old (not even walking, yet!) and a newborn. Who says WOMEN CAN'T HAVE IT ALL - does NOT know me, lol!

I'm going to try and get my lifting session done, today. I'm still stiff from Sunday. But, I'm committed to 3 x per week, and if I do it today, I don't have to lift again until Friday!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Long weekend of camping with no service - was splendid! But it didn't help my cold or whatever it is I have - cough, stuffy nose, just feeling tired and worn out. Camping food and no exercise (other than chasing kids) and I feel awful - bloated and fat.

I've been in kind of a slump lately, but instead of the usual "I'll just eat whatever I want and I don't care" I've been feeling more like "Why do I need to eat at all." I have no desire to drink any water and it took me a while to get built up to drinking 8 cups a day, so now I'm back to where I started last year - not wanting to drink any water (I really dislike it). I was eating veggies really good (I love them so that's not the problem) and now I really don't want them. I think a lot of it has to do with no progress. I love this program, but I have not lost any weight or had any loss in inches since June. I know summers are hard for me because we are so busy, but it's really frustrating.

School starts tomorrow and I still have to take 3 boys shopping. They got shoes last night, but I take them individually for clothes shopping because it's just too much with all of them fighting for attention.

rok1977 - welcome!
    Lozze - good to see you back on here
    Sue - great job on your lifts and working for form!
    Mary - I think as long at you're not too tired at the end of the regular workout, then adding a few exercises wouldn't hurt.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I haven't worked out in 12 days. I am dying!

I did add 2 exercises from workout 7 to WO3. My next 2 workouts I will only have to add one exercise to WO 4 & 5.

Then after vacation I'll join you , Beeps, in NROL4abs :bigsmile:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    wow... lots of stuff!

I was a slug yesterday, and really enjoyed not doing much of anything! I did get a bit in, because I go up and down stairs to do laundry - but that was it. I'll workout tonight, while my roast is cooking - it will taste really good after doing deadlifts etc! 3x this week puts me to Saturday and 8B, so I can measure and do AMRAPS next week. Then I'm off for 2 weeks. nowhere to lift in the Ozarks where the kids live, but lots of walking and swimming etc, so I'll at least be active!! Jennie, I'll be doing similar things - I buy the grands their school clothes, and the 15 year old is a bear to shop for anymore. I don't just order and ship, I make him come to the stores with me so we get what he'll wear!!

Beeps and Joanne, I really wish I was more driven like you both are. ( I'm tired just hearing all you do and plan to do!!) My head says "yea, I want.." but sometimes, it's just not there for me. I have to keep reminding myself that what I am right now is already 100% better than I've been the past 10 years or so! Once I get there, I can get to "... you have to keep on, or it all disappears" No way do I want that!

Mary I hope you have fun on vacation!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Miss all you ladies. I'm a week and 2 days into Insanity and have adjusted and it's not so bad. I've ALREADY lost some girth in each thigh and in 15 days will have logged for 6 months and it took THIS long to see some movement. Anyways, I still plan to circle back and either start over with NROL4W or go into NROL4Abs depending on where I feel like I am fat wise...with all the pushups in Insanity AND NR's, I better be a pro pretty soon!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Hey guys! Miss all you ladies. I'm a week and 2 days into Insanity and have adjusted and it's not so bad. I've ALREADY lost some girth in each thigh and in 15 days will have logged for 6 months and it took THIS long to see some movement. Anyways, I still plan to circle back and either start over with NROL4W or go into NROL4Abs depending on where I feel like I am fat wise...with all the pushups in Insanity AND NR's, I better be a pro pretty soon!

You can always talk about your workout here. I won't mind. You might convert me over or run me away from Insanity. :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jennie - I haven't lost anything since end-of-June, either....in fact, I've gained. Ahhhh, well, gives me something to "do* between now and Dec. 31st, I guess.

manic - I hope you have a good break and I can't wait to meet up with you in NROL4Abs...I think you'll REALLY LIKE IT!

sue - no point in comparing yourself to ANYBODY except, well, yourself. As you've indicated, you are in a MUCH better spot than you've been in for at least 10 years. Hell, girl, that is SOMETHING! Keep it up and you'll be BRAGGING that you're in the "best shape of your life" pretty soon. Sweet!

jnh - Boy, do I like reading that you are losing "girth" in your thighs....that's the magic potion I'm looking for, lady!!

I GOT MY LIFTING IN, TODAY. I've now done 2 A work-outs and 2 B work-outs in Phase 1, NROL4Abs. I think I'm getting the hang of it and now I'm going to try and start "challenging" myself with the ab-work advancements! YIKOS!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this thread but too tired to respond right now. You ladies are chatty!

I started Stage 2 today. Thought I was going to hate it (reading through the descriptions of the moves) but actually I enjoyed it. That's all I've got for now.....
  • joannezuk
    Options
    sue - no point in comparing yourself to ANYBODY except, well, yourself. As you've indicated, you are in a MUCH better spot than you've been in for at least 10 years. Hell, girl, that is SOMETHING! Keep it up and you'll be BRAGGING that you're in the "best shape of your life" pretty soon. Sweet!

I totally agree! Sue, you're an inspiration for all of us already! And in terms of the other stuff we might do...I often tell people the same thing. I didn't get up one morning and decide to run a marathon. Just like lifting, I started with baby steps - 15 seconds of running at a time and gradually building up my ability. It's taken a long time for my fitness to get to a point where I can go out for an "easy 7 miles" and actually be able to say that it was easy. Whatever your goals my be, keep focusing on them and I KNOW you can succeed!