• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hmmm!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    NEP today. NEP. :(

I carbed out pretty bad today. For some reason, if I get a nice high protein day I really really really want carbs badly the next day. I'd say I'm almost mindless in my pursuit of carbohydrates.

47 protein today. 47. :(
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    FB, that makes two of us. I had about 90 grams, but went way over on carbs and fat and several hundred on calories. Ridiculous!
    I WILL do better today. I'm reading the book, "Wheat Belly". Interesting stuff. I'm not completely sold that wheat is the root of all health evil, but it is interesting.
    Have a lovely Sunday!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I want to get in on this daily thread early for a change. I never chime in because the thread is sooo long. I just started stage 2. Woot!
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    FB, that makes two of us. I had about 90 grams, but went way over on carbs and fat and several hundred on calories. Ridiculous!
    I WILL do better today. I'm reading the book, "Wheat Belly". Interesting stuff. I'm not completely sold that wheat is the root of all health evil, but it is interesting.
    Have a lovely Sunday!

Back in the early days of humans we didn't eat grains. We ate fruit, veggies, and meat pretty much. They say that's the reason so many people have issues with gluten intolerance or allergies, for so many of us our bodies haven't evolved enough to eat it.

I have a gluten intolerance and cut out wheat and it really helped with my weight loss. But then I started eating gluten free bread products and I started losing at a normal rate again (that stuff is high calorie!). When I was pregnant it didn't bother me anymore so I ate it whenever I wanted and gained 60 lbs.

Now I'm starting to show signs of intolerance again so I think I'm going to cut it out again. The plus side, I think it's going to really help with flattening out my belly again :)
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to get in on this daily thread early for a change. I never chime in because the thread is sooo long. I just started stage 2. Woot!

Whoohoo! I'm on Stage 2 and I love it so much! I'm almost sad that it is only half as long as Stage 1.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi SamBam! Resting up for tomorrow?

Anyone's body hurt/ache all the time from lifting? I hurt all the time.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should take a rest week, Manic. I just got done with one, and it really did wonders for my aches!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Anyone's body hurt/ache all the time from lifting? I hurt all the time.
    Pretty much. Thankfully, I seem to be aching in different places. Today, it's my hip flexors. Gotta love those squats. :ohwell:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should take a rest week, Manic. I just got done with one, and it really did wonders for my aches!

Well, I would if I didn't just come off a week vacation and another week of trying to recover from that. LOL
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    I think NROL4Abs is awesome....the exercises, frankly, are working your abs ALL the time! With the positioning of the DB's, I can just FEEL the work on my core SO much more.

I lost 0.75" on my natural waist this month. And, 1.5" on my belly button waist. I haVen't seen that kind of movement since Stage 3/4 of NROL4W. So, I am attributing it to NROL4Abs (meaning: doing my core work FIRST, instead of inbetween work-outs like I did for NROL4W) AND because I am eating at a deficit.

I will say that my month-end photos don't look too different. That's okay. In another month, I bet they do! And, come end of 2012, I'm sure I'll see what all my hard work this year has accomplished.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Beeps that's awesome progress!!
    My pics are sideways LOL My ribs stick out. That's not sexy. No wonder people tel me I'm too skinny even though my legs are still like tree trunks. In typical Eastern European fashion, I'm bottom heavy. I can't change my natural proportions I guess.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yea!! I'm home! I will start Stage 2 tomorrow. reading the workouts over tonight and hopping on the protein wagon too! Missed you all, it's good to be back home and back in my routine but we had one of our all time best vacations! Guess I'll weigh tomorrow first thing in the morning, though everything fits as it has been fitting all along.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome Home Sue!!! Glad to have you back.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Morning all!!

I have been sick for three days...blah!! I woke up on my birthday with a sore throat and dealt with it but geez, it's sure taking its toll on me. I'm sure that working outside on the house didn't help recover from my illness :( oops. But I *had* to get all the windows caulked so they could all be painted again. I hope to finish painting the last 11 this morning so I can say they are ALL done and I can reinstall the screens that we stripped and rescreened. Soon I can open the windows and enjoy the fall temps!!

I was going to skip my workout this morning but I will probably go get it done...we will be at the beach Fri-Mon so that will be 2 of my normal days that I'm not able to lift.

I have been trying to read nd keep up with everyone but I forget a lot of what I was going to write...blah! I do remember someone saying its fun to haven friend named TheFunBun. I agree!!

I, too, am trying to eat a little less carby but this weekend threw that out of the water. I will try to do better as the week goes on...and then will probably ruin it again come beach time.

Sam your picture rocks!!

Welcome home Sue!!

Manic, your body is probably trying to adjust from time off. But listen to it...you might need more?

Beeps, Abs sounds like a great workout!! I'm tempted to check it out but I'm not allowing myself to look at it until I'm done with NR. I will be living vicariously through you :)

Off to the gym...then home to paint...
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, my book has arrived today (thank you to my wonderful hubby for buying that as a surprise). Looking forward to reading through. Will book a prgramme re-evaluation at the gym, so they can show me how to use the equipment correctly!