Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about how I eat. In fact I've been asked a lot. I eat at maintenance. For me that's 1860 on NON-Workout days. I have days that I'm under and days that I'm over. Today I am WAY over and Carbtastic. On workout days my shake makes up the difference with a little snack to pull off the 2100. Yes, I really do eat that much EVERYDAY. I do have low days where I'm eating more life 1500-1600. Usually he week after my cycle or on lazy days when I don't use much energy. My diet is mostly vegetarian but I get in eggs, some chicken and tuna about twice a week. While the carbs are higher than I'd like, I average 50/25/25, I'm pretty low fat and I'm eating a lot less simple sugar these days. I cheat, boy do I cheat. I eat my candy cookies and cake when I want, but not nearly as often as I did. I'm definitely making healthier choices.

For best results you MUST EAT! I think my results are more extreme because I went from 0-60 in nothing flat. I was at 32% body fat before and extremely sedentary. I think if you are already active, you may not see the kind of results you are expecting. I noticed the biggest change by the end of stage 2, and at the end of stage 4 I looked at my arms and thought, "HOly crap is that me?" I haven't noticed a big difference toward the end, but there isn't much left to lose. I have almost no fat in my upper body. However, Going back to work at the beginning of September, many people who hadn't seen me in 2 months commented on figure. Right now it's still hiding because my clothes are too big. LOL
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Sam, Congrats on finishing! Great results!

Beeps, do you work out on a carpet or hard floor! Instead of valslides you can use paper plates on carpet or sheet protectors, and towels or socks on the hard floor.

I have two more WOs in stage 1 of NROLF Abs. I can't wait as I hate the hight reps.

It has been a bad day with food for me, but tomorrow is another day.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yay. I won today. Not quite the carb war, but I definitely got my 150g in. Thank sweet jesus. 30% for low cal days or 150g and I'm calling it a win. :)

Sam, I can't believe you were sedentary before! You have such an amaaaazing shape, I just can't imagine it being on anyone who didn't work out their entire life! LOL.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I also agree that you should roid roar at any woman who decides to open her fat mouth, Meg. I just read that and almost blew my top! LOL.

Oh, I was doing recreational deadlifts as a way of avoiding starting stage 6 today, and there was totally some dude next to me who was taller and sturdier who was doing the same weight I was WITH switch grip. Yeah, I was preening. Still, kinda wondering what was wrong with him, too. Back issue? Torn hamstring? Had to be something. still. *preens*
  • mermegan
    Options
    A ROAR would totally have been the way to go! Scare the pooooop out of her! :)
  • mermegan
    Options
    Awesome results Sam! You're inspiration to keep going with NROL4W!

FunBun (Can I say how much I love having a friend called TheFunBun?ha) I lose the carb wars all the time (I love them I do) but with work getting the protein up—if I didn't have shakes I think I'd be eating eggs and chicken all day!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    THREE workouts of NROL4Abs. I am loving it. My core and bootie are pleasantly sore today. Not near as bad as the first day but enough to know I worked out yesterday. As most of you know, I could definitely clean up my eating but TOM should be here any day. I have ZERO self control the days leading up to it.
  • mermegan
    Options
    Manic: Does ABS have the same compound lifts? How is it different than NROL4W?
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Manic: Does ABS have the same compound lifts? How is it different than NROL4W?

Phase 1
    plank and side plank
    deadlifts
    inverted row
    static lunge with front foot elevated
    pushups
    overhead squats (extremely difficult!!! :grumble: )
    shoulder presses

so, Yeah compound lifts included :happy:

The book is really different than NROL4W, imho. He really explains the science. No diet really to follow. He gives advice on what to cut out. He says to MOVE more. Whereas for the NROL4W, rest /recovery is the focus after lifting. I admit when I first bought the book I was not happy , but I only skimmed the book. BUT when I read the book, I was converted.
  • mermegan
    Options
    Interesting! So a little misleading with the "ABS" but I guess you have to market your book in a new way. If there are deadlifts, I'm in! I <3 them. Overhead squats sound very difficult!!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Well, not sure if it is misleading. He explains what muscles are "the core" and each exercise explains what part of the core it helps.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Started reading today so I can start Monday! I didn't go to the gym last night. Hubby says, "Aren't you going to the gym?" "No dear, it's called a rest week for a reason. I finished my program. New program starts Monday." Cardio man doesn't understand rest days lol.

ME: 5
    NEP: 5
  • samntha14
    Options
    Going
  • samntha14
    Options
    Gone
  • samntha14