Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Do y'all do HIIT after every weight lifting session?

I don't do it on lifting days, I spin 2x/wk opposite my lift days.

I do interval training on my non-lifting days, too. though with this stage 6...its so short I am going to have to add hiit!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Way to go, runz!
    Breeze, I have the same problem. Especially when I'm sleepy on a rainy day, LOL.
    Hope everyone is having a good week. For the first time in months, I didn't lift on Monday this week. Had too many things to do. I will lift tomorrow. My macros were great today. 170 grams protein and under on cals. I needed a good day after eating horribly all weekend (and yesterday).

NSV today: I wore size small scrub bottoms at work for the first time since having kids.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, chubby! Bah. Change that name :laugh:

We went to Splashtown and I worked up a whale of an appetite. My macros are still fine but I went for potato chips :grumble: Oh, well.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I totally vote for a "name change", too. What were you thinking when you created THAT profile?? Didn't you read "the secret"....

managed my calories pretty well yesterday - I'm sure the salt from the restaurant food has me a little bloated, but my calories were actually 35 under for the day. So, I'm happy.

I get to lift at lunch - see my daughter's musical theatre performance tonight, and then a weekend full of baseball play-offs for my middle son. Whew!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm having a fat day...bloat from the bread I imagine...I was over my calories yesterday as i couldn't get out to walk some off and had cookies...oh well..moving on.

Today I worked out like a fiend..going to have a large healthy salad..which is oddly what I'm craving...with avocado.

Focusing on the protein..kids are home tomorrow...lots to do and if the weather cooperates we might work in a bike ride..my youngest isn't able to go too far. I could mow the lawn also, again if weather holds up.
    Motherhood is certainly challenging when it comes to working out at the gym. My kids have school Friday morning then they are off for the summer...but on the weekend I'm taking them to my mother and mother in law's(they live in the same town an hour and a ferry ride from me) until July 1, I am writing a book then...two weeks to a first draft...I can do it!

Cheers
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Huh?? You're writing an entire book in the next 2 weeks?? I'm missing something....

I had a REALLY GOOD lifting session, today.

My glute bridges are now at 155 lbs and I *think* my glutes are firing. Still not sure, but I'm not prepared to go heavier at this point in time.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    breeze, what kind of book are you writing?

I had a weird food day. In fact, I'm not sure about my macros. But I got my workout done and I'm definitely ready to increase some weights in the B workout! :drinker:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Can't change the name- I've already changed it once. But it fits me, so I'm good with it :)

Beeps, I find glute bridges really intense- I am totally impressed that you can do 155lbs. What are you up to for thrusts?

Breeze, a book in two weeks?!

I hit 180 grams of protein today eating less than 2000 cals. Carbs were 199(and it was mostly "good" carbs). I just wish I could keep my macros this good on weekends.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    Yes a book in two weeks...lol...when I get on a jag I write 5000 to 10000 words per day so a book in two weeks is doable..(first draft) but my first book was started in September and completed early April in final draft(4 rewrites) before sending it off and it was 120,000 words after the first but whittled it down to 99000.

This book will be much smaller...50,000 approximately. Story is in my head, outline is on paper, research will be well complete and then it's GO.

You won't see me around in here much but I will work out and I will log in.

I write freelance for a paper too so two stories per week for that. I have a column that writes itself pretty much but with no kids and a husband at work I can write a first draft of this new book in two weeks...that's the goal..so we shall see.

This book is fiction but set around a true historical event. I also write non fiction.

Now..topic at hand...I'm really going to focus on the protein...that's key I think..especially since I'm doing the cutting thing..the next two weeks will be intense I'm sure :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thrusts are also 155 lbs - but I reviewed Bret C's newsletter a couple weeks back which said thrusts don't hit the glutes as hard as glute bridges - so I'm trying to do MORE glute bridges....

I measure in a week, so we'll see if my hip measurement has come down, AT ALL. I still have to shave off 3" there - and by the "mirror" test, hips haven't changed, at all.

Boo.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OMG...

I can't move! spin class Tuesday, Stage 7 workout4 Wednesday (all those stepups!!!!) and spinning today. My quads and IT band are soooooooooooooo sore!! I haven't been this sore since Stage 1 I swear!! And I have a meeting tonight that's on the thrd floor of a church!

I like glute bridges, but I don't have anywhere's near that weight Beeps! You're my hero!!

Breeze, how cool! Book titles? Would love to read them!

Busy few days here in the office - it really interferes with my MFP time!! How dare they!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Get rolling that IT band, sue!! DO IT NOW AND DO IT OFTEN!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am. I will have to buy a tennis ball for the office. Nothing here, but I've been deep tissue massaging all day. I'll be black & blue but it does feel better!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    don't buy a tennis ball - go buy the actual "roller" - they even have smaller ones (for travel purposes - that you can fit in a suitcase) - if you need to "hide" it at work.

IT band "soreness" is THE WORST. lasts TOO DAMN LONG, too!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Breeze, that sounds fascinating!

Sue, OUCH. I hate quad soreness. It makes everything hard.

Those are awesome weights, Beeps. I need to read up on how to do weighted glute bridges. I've just been doing high rep BW.
    Speaking of glutes, mine are sooo sore today. I did two sets of step-ups and one set of one-leg get-ups instead of the 3 sets of step-ups yesterday. I think I can safely say my glutes "fired".
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous that your glutes are firing (as they should), chubby. THAT'S THE TICKET!
  • breezedaze
    Options
    Yay on the chattiness!

Samantha..I have a similar story on the vegetarian thing except I added back fish...I too would prefer to be totally meat free.

non lifting day today...and kids were off school so I figured a short bike ride would be it for my activity..but low and behold..both got invited to friends, the sun was shining so I hit the local boardwalk, climbed the lookout and hit 75 minutes of walking/climbing...then I mowed the very large lawn and later still did the bike ride...so lots of activity and I'm starving...going to eat..already counted it and completed it but I still have to eat it!

My shorts are very loose...scale shows a small loss and boy is my shape still changing..should throw up another shot I guess....later maybe..:)

Lifting again tomorrow..let's see how strong I am! Cheers!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    No interent again :(

Ok so I've been wanting to talk abou this for two days. I had my regular Wednesday Zumba class. I was feeling tired and I was fussing about not going, but I'm SO GLAD I did. When I wanted to go to bed at 8:00, I put my gym clothes on instead. When I got there, a guest instructor was doing the warm-up. Not too unusal. Student instructors will often do warm-ups or a routine along the way. However, this was a male instrictor. Even better, a Brazillian male instructor. He and my Annie were trading off throughout the class and they kicked our ever-loving *kitten*. :laugh: OMG let me tell you, those zumba calculators always say 500-800 calories depending on your size. With my HRM I've never done over 500. That night was 679!! And I smiled the ENTIRE time. I had so much freaking fun that I'm still raving about it.

I was under by 700 on Wednesday after my class ha ha. I had really awful food Thrusday to make up for it lol. I have zero will power, and it was half price milkshake day at Sonic:blushing: I had a small without the whipped creme.

Today may be equally bad. It's the last day fo the school year which means booze and bar food for lunch:ohwell: And a pizza./slumber party with the kids tonight

On the bright side, I maintained weight this month :bigsmile: and had a complete stranger compliment me last night at the park.
    Happy Lifting, I'll be around all weekend.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Breeze, I am somewhat envious of your career as a published author. Writing used to be a passion of mine, but I could never get the story out and I always felt that whatever I wrote was a poor facsimile of what some before me already did. I'm a stereotype of those who cannot do teach. I hate living up to stereotypes:laugh:
    Boardwalk? East Coast girl?
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I've been following along, not posting, getting woefully behind.

And speaking of behinds, Checkitout, breeze! That's some hot boo-tay.

sam, your Zumba adventures are totally inspiring. Someone told me about a good class...but I don't know how I'll ever work it in.

Non-lifting day today, but I finished my second-last Phase 1 workout yesterday. My scale is going in the wrong direction, so I guess I'll start cutting in Phase 2. :sad: Damn. But I'm feeling sooo much stronger. This weekend we set up a sprinkler, but the kids were chicken, so I grabbed one on each hip and ran through myself! 43 lb one side 27 the other. And then we did it again. And again, etc.