Options

Replies

• breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    blisters are a reason not an excuse.

I'm going to lift today...might go a bit easy but hand feels good

Lost another 1.6lbs.

It's been a while since I've seen the scale move.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Blisters suck - I don't know how someone COULD exercise with such an "ouch-y"??

Congrats on scale movement, breezedaze - totally jealous over here!

I'm busy planning a 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents. How awesome that they've been (happily) married for 50 years! How TERRIBLE that they totally said they would "plan their own party" and then, 2 months ago, simply dropped the ball and said, "you kids do it". Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

My brothers don't care and are otherwise uninvolved. My sister has done TONS since she lives in their same city. From a distance, I'm doing as much as I can....but it's very frustrating.

Anyway, 3 weeks until THAT event and since I already have a full-time job and motherhood/wife duties, this is DRIVING ME BONKERS.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps, good luck with the final preparations. I did not enjoy planning my own wedding, so I feel your pain. You are a very good daughter for pitching in. I want to do a 60th birthday for my mom, and I'm not sure where to even start.

Breeze, great loss.

SUe safe travels. Everyday my husband posts a story about some pedestrian, motorcyclist, or bicyclist getting killed in the NJ/NY area. People just don't pay attention AT ALL!!. Please be safe.

NSV: After one month a hard work, I got back into my size 6s. Now to stay there.

WEird question, bare with me here. I noticed a marked difference between my left glute and thigh and my right. The left is nicely rounded and smooth. The right is a misshapen lumpy mess. WTH? How do I fix that? I guess you would call it unequal fat burn. I also notice that when I lift, the right side, the lumpy side hurts more.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    WEird question, bare with me here. I noticed a marked difference between my left glute and thigh and my right. The left is nicely rounded and smooth. The right is a misshapen lumpy mess. WTH? How do I fix that? I guess you would call it unequal fat burn. I also notice that when I lift, the right side, the lumpy side hurts more.

I have that same issue. I have a few lumps on the right side on my inner thigh - my left looks really nice and smooth. I asked my dr. about it and she said it's possible that my right leg is a little shorter than my left, so it doesn't worked out as thoroughly as the left. No idea how to fix!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, whether "true" or not, there is a "thought" that the "lumpy stuff" is actually the fat trying to leave your body?!?!? Some people notice LOTS of "squishi-ness", etc., right before a body part smartens up, smooths out, and becomes MORE toned.

I dunno.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    The other thing to consider is that the left leg is actually doing MORE of the work - therefore the muscles need more "repair" - so they "roundness" might just be water-retention (for muscle repair). You could try doing MORE "single-leg' work to see if your weaker leg catches up to the other one - to provide more consistency.

I dunno.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting a trainer next month to help me with the lifts as I'm beginning to add more weight I'm finding that I could use a spotter. Short of putting an ad on Craig's List to find a lifting partner...I'm thinking that a trainer is probably my best option (the extra challenge and push they might give me probably wouldn't hurt either). Does anyone have experience with using the program with a trainer?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I worked with a trainer for 2 sessions at the beginning of each of stages 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 of NROL4W. That trainer walked me through the "A" work-out in the first session and the "B" work-out in the second session, for each stage.

I paid for a total of 10 personal training sessions and did the remainder of the work-outs on my own.

I was very glad to have used a personal trainer because he advised me where my FORM was weak, he helped "tweak" movements that were too hard (in the beginning) and he advised of alternatives when I was working around injuries.

I found my personal trainer very helpful. I would highly recommend anyone new to lifting seek the guidance of "professionals" when moving through this (or any other) program.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    ok..so that lumpiness is normal? I have that..thought I had some sort of weird disease although I could tell it was just sort of fat. I was reading about the "squishiness" also and didn't put that together..I have lumpy on one inner thigh..not so much on the other.

And I also notice it's sort of going away in places..I noticed it in my arms but they're smoother now.

I had a GREAT workout but I went back to phase 2. My grip isn't great. I had a lot of time and I felt like that was what I needed to do. Did 20 mins HIIT and now I getting sort of dressed up...I haven't done that in a while....kids are away, I have time, break between workout so I did a nice bath and washed my hair..gonna put on some makeup and go to the local mall. Just because.

Writing like crazy. Need folders to organize which I'll get at the mall. :)

I'm close to a book...first draft of course.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Always nice to have it confirmed that I am not crazy. I'll look at that article Breeze, thanks.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great article Breeze! Very interesting.

Thanks for the advice Beeps, searching for trainers will now begin!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss, Breeze! I saw that article not long ago and was thinking about it when Sam mention her "lumps". It's very interesting. I've noticed the same thing.

Ethie, I hired a personal trainer to check my form and such. It was a great experience for me.

Sam, that's such a great feeling!!!

I forgot how sore and tired I get when I start a new phase of a workout. This combined with the 100+ degree weather we're having makes me quite sluggish.
    So I'm planning on going to maintenance for a few weeks to give my body a break. I really think it's a good idea for me right now- plus it's good timing because we're going out of town next week. You all will have to keep me accountable so that I don't A) use the extra cals as an excuse to eat junk or B) don't eat 500 cals below my goal every day :)
    I lift tomorrow. 2 sets of 20 reps. YIKES. This Hypertrophy phase is very different.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Been eating junky for two days. I just finished my workout and considering going over cals to get my protein shake in.

I've always been kinda lumpy.

I planned a wedding for five minutes and then told DH we're eloping :laugh: I don't regret it.
  • samntha14
    Options
    ELOPE!! Do it!! I certainly wish I had.

I'm ovulating so I washed down a couple of homemade s'mores with diet pepsi. Cheers Cowgirl :laugh:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Now I want s'mores!!!!

Beeps, what a stressful situation. Hope it comes together nicely without much more worry on your part.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    UGH! i typed out a bunch and somehow I deleted it!

anyway, long story short. too busy today. forgot to eat. just consumed 1000 cals in the past five hours.

yay! sambam! awesome for size 6 jeans. It has been 15+ years since I've seen that size.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    I have a long way to go to get to a size 6 but that's my goal. I was a size 8 last year..now I"m a tight ten...but at this rate 6 is within my sights!

I"m noticing..the differences between losing weight t(ie without lifting) and the body recomp happening now and one thing is that I used to always look slimmer from the front than the side in comparison pics...now I look slimmer in profile shots compared to front shots. Also by boobs look smaller.

My belly is flatter than it's been in a long time...I feel my core engage while lifting so I'm not surprised.

Learning so much..also my body is like this great big experiment now..lol
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I wanna be an experiment! :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    HEAT WAVE has finally struck. 10 days of 30+ degree weather. YAY! Monday is our holiday (Happy Birthday Canada) and I have that day off! so, great weather, a 3-day weekend, and I can get photos/measurements out of the way FIRST THING upon waking up Sunday morning.

No lifting today - it's "staff bbq" at lunch so I have to stay. Boo.

Alas, I'll fast tomorrow so that my waist measurement comes in as low as it can - if I hit 26", I HIT VENUS!