Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,006 Member
    Options
    I did take earplugs....it was still a horrible experience.

No lifting for me, today. Cardio scheduled for tomorrow. I think I'll lift on Sunday, though.

Have a great weekend!
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for being so encouraging, supportive and for answering my questions!! This leads me to another question you lucky ladies!! I do workout A1 (squats, seated row...) and B1 (deadlifts, dumbbell shoulder press...) every other day for 8 weeks??
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's for "8 weeks" - and I only did 3 x weekly weight-work-outs, so my weeks, during stage 1, looked like this:

Week 1: A, B, A
    Week 2: B, A, B
    Week 3: A, B, A
    [...and so on....]

Until I had completed all the work-outs in that Stage. At which point I moved onto Stage 2.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Got to the gym today. I let my son figure out a workout for me. Because this is the first time in the gym this week and I wanted to get 2 days in . He had me to do all shoulders, back, and hamstrings. YIKES I can feel my glutes tightening up.

Bonnie, I concur with Beeps. That's how my weeks look.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    you take one day off, sheesh. My shoulder still hurts :sad: I haven't lifted since Tuesday and I was on such an awesome streak. I have three workouts left!!!

Bonnie and CHuckles, welcome!! I did the pattern Beeps posted though some weeks were just so busy that I only did 2 strength training workouts. I am anti cardio...except for Zumba lol. I haven't been to a single class this week though :noway:

SUe, you're a demon girl!! and why can't your gym turn the damn air on early can't they afford a digital thermostat with timer? I mean really, they are endangering people's health.

Missed you too Cowgirl. Time for a nap. I was up at 5:45 for a workshop today. ipad training. I have three more this summer. To the full-time Homemakers, mad props ladies. I swear I'm just as busy when I am "home" full-time, as when I "work" full time...but at least it's more fun and spending this time with the kids is so awesome. ( I say this now. By Aug 15th I'll be crawling up the walls dying to go back to work :laugh: )
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Beeps2011 and maniac4titans thank you, thank you!! I do feel a little simple at times trying to figure this out!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Bonnie, we were all there at one time! :flowerforyou:

SAM! NO! No day off . :tongue: I haven't been in the gym all week, and he wrote down a workout where I could get 2 days in (my goal this week) All shoulders, back, and glutes. Tomorrow will be legs and arms :bigsmile: Next week will back to routine of 3 days a week .

Sue, where are you? I have missed something?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Here I am Mary! My work week has been so crazed!! Yea for the weekend!

I lifted this morning, 7-1 and had to rerack weights and set up the squat rack because some meathead left the support arms on the floor. My squats need work, I know I'm not going down far enough, so I didn't increase weight. Thankfully, the air came on a bit earlier, but I ran out of time, I could only do 2 sets of the B workouts. But I worked hard, for those 2 sets and made sure my form was on. I may repeat on Monday, we'll see.

Mary I think it's really cool that your son is designing programs for you!!

Sam, maybe you should have your shoulder checked out?

Bonnie, it was confusing to me too, I had to ask too and my Stage 1 lasted about 10 weeks! I repeated the last A & B for a week and half til my vacation started! But I did mine the same way as Beeps and the others have said.

I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow so I'll catch up on Sunday. Hope you all have an awesome weekend!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Look at all you heavy-lifting ladies!!

I am choosing to do my scheduled cardio, today, even with glasses on. I'll lift M/W this week, call it a 2-day week, and move on. I haven't had a "short" week in quite some time....I've been very regular about getting in lifting 3 x per week, so I doubt this 2 x week will kill me!
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Day 2 of lifting yesterday and it went great! Need to work on my deadlift form but other that I had a good time at the gym. Yep I just said it! Who am I turning in to lol?!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 46 year old mother or three and recently decided to get back into shape. Due to a stressful sedentary job and let's be honest pure laziness on my part, I managed to get to a relative high body fat while staying at a fairly normal weight of 122 lbs at 5'6" tall. You know the look of a thin person with no muscle tone, that was me. It's extremely unhealthy, and it was time to do something about it. :)

Four weeks ago I started working with a personal trainer with free weights for an hour 2x a week. I have fallen in love with lifting, cardio no so much lol. My sessions with my trainer will be ending soon, and I bought and read this book. I have put together a home gym complete with weight bench, Olympic barbell and curl bars, plates, dumbbells etc.

Today I did workout 1A stage 1, and I'm looking forward to growing stronger with the rest of you lovely lifting ladies. :)
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome Lenora!! Great Job Bonnie. Deadlifts can be tricky. Advice: keep weight low until you master form. We don't want anyone getting hurt and that's a good one for hurting yourself. My chiropractor was yelling at me about it the other day lol

My activity today will be two games of bowling with the little man. Hopefully the shoulder can withstand my throwing a 10lb ball repeatedly.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Lenora, so glad you're joining us! If your profile pic is you now, i would never call you skinny fat. You look great!Eat all the protein and lift weights- I bet you will get amazing results! Can't wait to hear how you progress!

Bonnie, i know what you mean. i NEVER would have dreamed i would love going to the gym. But here I am more than a year later, 28 lbs lighter and in the best shape of my life, still loving the weights! The best thing I ever read about dead lift form- "keep your chest up!". If you keep that chest up, you won't put strain on your back. Just wish I would have learned it earlier. I think I would've progressed faster.

Sam, bowling is so much fun. I've also found its much easier when I've been lifting weights. :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Thanks CC, that's me a week ago or after three weeks of lifting. I think I may be a mesomorph body type because my body does seem to respond well to lifting, I'm not 100% sure though. :)
  • samntha14
    Options
    IS that what it's called Lenora because my body HATES cardio. and LOVES lifting. Seriously, I did the cardio thing an entire summer once and lost NOTHING. One month of lifting and I was down 10lbs instantly. When I sprained my wrist and couldn't lift, I did cardio classes four days a weeks and gained weight. Cardio is not my friend. Three weeks back on the free wight side, five pounds gone. Gotta do what works for you.

CC bowling was great. I bought little man his own shoes. If he bowls 6 times they are paid for. I'm getting mine next week. Big little man may sign up for a Saturday Scholarship league.

Back in the gym Monday. Shoulder feels much better today. I think swinging an 11lb ball around for an hour actually helped even though my gamed sucked. Well, my second game anyway. So is it time for me to do this on my own? Use the menus from LIFE to lift like 4W. this 10-12 rep stuff is for the birds. I'll use the lifts with more sets and less reps I think.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Lenora, so glad you're joining us! If your profile pic is you now, i would never call you skinny fat. You look great!Eat all the protein and lift weights- I bet you will get amazing results! Can't wait to hear how you progress!
    ^This
    Now I was skinny fat, though I don't think I was actually skinny at 160lbs. More like a fat *kitten*, but I was skinny up top so people mainly thought I was thin. I agree, if that's a current pic of you, you look great.
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Samantha, bodybuilding.com has a test you can take that tells you your body type. It actually recommends different workout approaches based on the three types. You should check it out. We sound a lot alike, I hate cardio with a passion, but it's a necessary evil when you've got excess body fat still like I do. It's very nice to meet you. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I did my scheduled cardio, yesterday, and it reminded me how much I LOVE CARDIO! I don't do a lot of it anymore, because my time in the gym is spent lifting, but group cardio classes still ring-my-bell!

'tis okay....so long as I get my chitter-chatter in once-per-week, I feel better. My asthmatic-lungs also appreciate it!

Today we'll take the kids for a splash in the pool. Have to weigh-in my daughter, hope she's down another pound!

I hope I see 145 on the scale this week, myself. That will count as SUCCESS! (Then 144 next week, then 143 the week after, etc....moving slowly, slowly, slowly.)

I'll lift M/W this week.
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great Beeps. Have a great rest of your weekend. :)
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So my mother called me a BIG woman. I'm not sure how I reconcile that with the size 10 pants I've been wearing lately. At 5'6 I'm hardly an amazon. Sigh.

My ego took a few good blows at the stupid wedding..I"m not meant for long gowns and fanciness..seriously lol

I need to hit a gym...or a boxing ring...feel like hitting something.

Hope you're all doing well!