Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Not trying to keep rehashing a dead topic, but I came across this thread about BF% and thought it was worth reposting: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1112543-your-body-fat-percentage-your-feelings-about-it
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    gawd-dammit, chubby, now you're making ME think!!

Does bf% really "matter"??

Hmmmmmmmm...........
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

Well, I can see how I ended up at 32%BF. Since my gym is closed this week, I come home, do my house work, and then sit on my butt. gotta say I kind of like it.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sam no way are you 32% based on your back alone

Chub I am in for a challenge I really need some help sticking to my nutrition goals. I got a polar heart date monitor which gives me roughly 1/4 the cals of myfitnesspal for an activity. So I am planning to cut out alcohol for one month an "easy" way to decrease calories.
    My overall goal is to finish nrolw and I will start stage two on Sunday when I get back from my trip.
    But I'd like a fitness challenge for oct/nov maybe lifting 3x week??
    2x is ok 3xis hard most weeks
    Any thoughts?
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Pmag!!! Those are great #'s. I wasn't dl 110 until WAY in the program. GREAT JOB.

Yes, cowgirl, it is expensive to eat this way. I usually take the weekends off . I try to stay within a decent calorie range (not as low during the week) and not really count macros.

Sam, it feels good to come home and do nothing, right? Just don't enjoy it too much :)

30 min cardio today and 18 lifting.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I had a yuk workout today. Horrid knot in my calf from body attack on tues..... really didn't make split squats fun AT ALL. Kept getting cramp in my feet, left shoulder being feeble compared to last week.... all just ugly. Hope y'all have more fun than me today! xxx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    pmagnan - you really do need to lift 3 x per week to "make progress". 2 times per week, likely maintaining. 1 time per week, won't be noticeable. So, I'll challenge you to get your 3 x lifting in! No problem!!

manic - good job.

jo_marnes - I had a good fasting day, yesterday, AND a good work-out day. So there! PS - CRAMPS SUCK.

No lifting today. No exercise of any kind, actually. Am trying to get my sleep-pattern back-on-track - it's been "off" for 8- or 9- nights and I'm seriously not liking life right now.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Jo, sorry to hear that. Some days we do good just to "do" something! Hope your next workout is better.

Beeps, I can't deal with lack of sleep. I literally fall apart. Get some zzz and feel better.

Pmag, that's an excellent goal. We will hold you to it!

Today I plan to take a nap and just function. I've caught the kids cold. I managed to get them to gymnastics and run errands this morning. Now my meds are wearing off and I feel very yucky. On the bright side, I tried on some sz 6 jeans while running errands and they fit. Honestly never thought I'd be able to EVER say that again.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm new to NROL4W and this board, but I just wanted to share that today was the first day I went to the gym alone, without a friend as a buffer. I was super nervous because it was only my third workout and I'm new to lifting free weights in general and I was scared how I would look to other people, but I just stuck my headphones in and did it! Definitely a NSV for me and I don't know why I waited so long to do it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Booooo, chubby, at catching a cold. Booooooo.

kristiesmith - you are the cutest thing EVER (if that's you in your avatar pic!). Glad you're just getting your work-outs in-and-done. THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO!

Boom!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Sam no way are you 32% based on your back alone

I WAS 32% These days it's closer to 23%
  • samntha14
    Options
    YAY for goals. I seriously need a goal. I lose my motivation when I'm in no-man's land, and I REALLY need to get back to the gym. I feel so tired and my back is starting to hurt. It's a week today with no exercise. Mary, I'm not doing "nothing" as all women know, work doesn't stop just because you got home. I've averaged 2 hours of housework and BS every night this week. I'm sure it's the same in households around the world: come home, cook dinner, wash dishes, put in a load of laundry, check homework, read with kiddies, straighten house, put laundry away, make lunch for tomorrow, squeeze in some school work, spend time with husband, because he needs his attention. I usually carve out an hour or so for "playing" on the internet. I don't usually do laundry during the week which is how I carve out time for the gym in the normal scheme of things.

I guess it doesn't help that there is an awful cloud of depression floating over work. Every single person, even the people who are always smiling and happy are absolutely miserable.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'll take up the challenge of lifting three times a week until Thanksgiving I will start sun am as I'm out of town til then

What are your goals?

Sam that's work or activity or exercise whatever you call it
  • GeeksRfit2
    Options
    So I've been off feeling sorry for myself while in the midst of PMS hell.
    Did manage to finish stage 2 this week. Will start stage 3 this weekend. I've been lifting 2x / week for both stage 1 and stage 2 but considering trying to do 3 x/ week. Worried a big about some injuries, pushing too fast, which I've done in the past. But I welcome thoughts about it.

I am a goal person. I don't get much done without them. Running a half marathon in mid November, which has helped me hills up my distance running. Have some size goals, body wise, but would love to hear what kinda goals y'all have for your lifting.

And cowgirl, I second the sleep needs!
  • samntha14
    Options
    I don't have a goal. That's the problem. I'm fairly happy maintaining at the moment though I'd still like more of the belly to go.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    UGH! Only got in 45 g protein today . But like I said, I'm taking this one day at a time. I'm really wanting to eat. I'm not hungry. It must be stress and it is 2 weeks before TOM.......

No workout today either. Took the 45 minute drive to the city to shop and just get out of the house. Back at it tomorrow.

Sam, it's ok not to have a goal. SHOOOOT! Look at where you came from! I am still struggling to find what works for me. Yeah, I know you weren't doing nothing. Moms never get a day off.

Do you weigh meat raw or after it is cooked?
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

Do you weigh meat raw or after it is cooked?

Me? Raw.

Think I am feeling crappy because a) I'm getting sick, and b) PMS. Oh the joy. Hoping tomorrow is better!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi all, been a weird week here and I've not had the chance or motivation to get to the gym since Wednesday. I'm readjusting to the work schedule and I've had some other commitments early morning so I just didn't get there. I meet with my trainer tomorrow and I'm sending him a text to bust my butt to get me back into the swing of things!!

I have always weighed my meat cooked, but I recently heard someone say you should always do so raw. True?

Busy here in the office today. I'll check back in later!
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my food. Have considered picking up a scale many, many times. But I fear getting too obsessive. However, it would be good for baking purposes and recipes from the UK that use weight measurements for ingredients.

Today, I lift. That is all.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Nutrition facts are for the raw food unless it says otherwise. I can't lose weight unless I weigh every bite- I am obsessive, but not in a bad way. If you're not weighing it, you don't know that you're eating what you think you are.

Looks like several of us are feeling crappy today. I woke up feeling worse than I did yesterday. I'm simply functioning today- hope to be able to force myself to eat something nutritious and prevent the kids from destroying the house.

Everyone feel better and have a lovely weekend!