Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Lawlorka, I struggled with the DB press a lot too. But the FSPP is a different type of movement. You have the momentum of rising up from the front squat to push the bar up. You probably will be fine. I can only DB press two 25lb DBs, but I can push press 70lbs.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Clam, ooooooh just wait. There will be plenty of exercises to test your balance. :tongue: But I found it great challenging myself and noticing I was doing better each time.

Oh god.... :sad: I will look like a idiot .. can see the headline now "woman kills herself falling while lunging and hitting head on weights" :bigsmile:
    This made me laugh as I was taking off my shoes in the gym last night because I kept falling on myself.

I am glad I could make you laugh :laugh: .... That's ok, I kept falling off the swiss ball the other morning :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you, chubbycowgirl, if you WRITE into the mfp tekkies, and INSIST that, due to the WONDERs of myfitnesspal.com (i.e. LAY IT ON REALLY THICK THAT THIS WEBSITE IS DA BOMB!!!), you have skinnied down to SUPER-SLIM-STRONG-CHICK, they will CHANGE your handle FOR YOU.

They will.

The end.

[p/s - DO IT.]
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sam: --->>> "I LOVE what I do, but I really hate my job."

Same here.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    RedBess - great run. My normal run is about that distance (my house to mums, lol) and sometimes it just makes such a nice change to get out in the open.

Well as you all know my lifting frequency is way down at the moment - x1 per week plus a Body Pump. Might try and squeeze one in today but this time of year is so jammed with other stuff. Weighed myself yesterday - lost 2kg. Unfortunately, with my increased wine and chocolate intake and the fact that revision is making have to sit on my butt all day, I can only put it down to muscle loss :-( grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Beeps, you may be right. It's worth a try I suppose. I'm thinking I should change it to barbellcowgirl, strongcowgirl, fitcowgirl....something along those lines.

Jo and RedBess, I wish I had the motivation for long runs.

Jo, just because you may have lost some lean mass doesn't mean it's muscle. We hold so much water/glycogen for repair when we are lifting regularly that it's very possible you'll "pump" right back up again once you get back to a routine. That's another one of those tricky things-your weight can be falsely skewed by your degree of rest, dehydration, etc. You're doing your best and that's what counts!

Got my lift in today! Prone jackknife, American DLs, inverted rows, split squat, push-ups, followed by skaters for HIIT. I've just been creating my own workouts since I'm waiting to start the Strength program of Supercharged. It's been really fun to go back and do different exercises that I haven't done in a while.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yay! I think that is a gain, so celebrate it!! Take it one day at a time. I don't think you have lost muscle mass in that short a time (unless you have statistics that say otherwise)...Don't be too hard on yourself :flowerforyou:

Well as you all know my lifting frequency is way down at the moment - x1 per week plus a Body Pump. Might try and squeeze one in today but this time of year is so jammed with other stuff. Weighed myself yesterday - lost 2kg. Unfortunately, with my increased wine and chocolate intake and the fact that revision is making have to sit on my butt all day, I can only put it down to muscle loss :-( grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    For the first time I have decided that today..no cardio at all for me...I will not do it...no, nay! And the world won't come to an end :laugh:
    I am trying to see if I can live with cutting down a little bit of the cardio - instead of the 2+ hours I do thrice a week.

That said, we get every other Friday off and tomorrow is it! So, my weekend begins! I will go lift weights come the morrow in the morning!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    DOMS killing me, stayed home from the gym today.
    Happy lifting ladies.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    uhhhhh, nothing great to say. Been busy all day. Running errands, visiting friend at hospital, shopping for bargains, eating at Chinese buffet...... LOL

Chubs, (I feel comfortable calling you that because it's a pet name and doesn't describe you anymore :bigsmile: ) BUT I totally agree with Beeps. Lay it on THICK.

SAM, YES, you are missed when you're MIA. SUE , too
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Chubs how about iron cowgirl
  • manic4titans
    Options
    <
    1989 . What was I thinking! :laugh:

I thought I was fat . I wish I was that "fat" again.
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm this morning. That mean 4:30. 4. 30. What is that?!

Got my lift in, feels good. I skipped my run yesterday. I had forgotten something at home and the idea of coming home and then going back out was just not happening. It will push my running schedule back a little this week, but that's ok. I can leave work early today and hit the 11km I was supposed to do yesterday.

Cowgirl… I love running. Sometimes it is hard to motivate myself to go, others I am just itching to get out the door. I have a great river and park, lined with trees to run in which makes a huge difference. It is quiet and peaceful most of the time, especially in the winter when I am the only one crazy enough to be out in it!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Chubs how about iron cowgirl

Ohh, I like it!!!

RedBess, that sounds lovely. I do get out and jog more often now that we live in the "country". But I just don't have the willpower to actually push myself to go long distances.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    It's a dreary rainy day. It matches my mood. Tom.......

I really don't want to workout but I'll go just to get out of the house. More than likely, it will be a light easy workout but hey! I will be moving.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I listened to a GREAT LEIGH PEELE piece last night....set-me-up for my 2014 success!!

Had a good work-out, today....finished Module 2 of Advanced Strength Series (Venus) and will start Module 3 on Monday.

BOOM!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Redbess I hate waking up before my alarm

Good job to all the weight losers!

My daily pt has become so long I can't do it at the gym- I try to encourage myself that I will have the best butt ever- it's getting very tedious.

My workout was uninspired this am but maybe I'll sneak in something later

My daughter is excited about seeing the hunger games this weekend- I think she's too young at ten what do y'all think- she has read the books but a movie is more intense.. I will probably let her go
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Good job to all the weight losers!

Should have probably added that I'm not trying to lose, lol. Maintain if not gain a bit here..... now I'm back down to 113lbs which is not a healthy weight for me. I am run down and exhausted. It's annoying as I really can only put it down to stress or lack of lifting - nothing else has changed. At this weight I get sick and lose my period etc..... so need to put a bit more back on. Not much more, but my body is definitely better at 118lbs. I hadn't even realised I'd lost it until my Mum said I was looking thin - so I weighed myself and sure enough she was right.

This time in a week, exams will be over. At least I got assignments back this week with 2 distinctions...... phew! Certainly a bit of relief knowing I'm going into these (epic) exams with good grades so far. The topics are pharmacology and complications of pregnancy and childbirth - pretty immense subjects and brain is at saturation point lol. Give me a week and I'll be ready to get back into it!!!

Happy lifting everyone, have a great weekend!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Redbess - I'm actually in awe over how much you work out! I really, really wish I could be like that! I used to love running and really want to get back to it, and I would love to see myself getting up in the morning for a gym session and then heading out for a run after work or vice versa. Seriously lacking motivation and energy though...especially the day after a lifting session. One day, one day...but yeah, what you do is awesome!

I managed to get a good HIIT session in after my last workout, for the first time since the sets increased to 3...so at least I can handle that slightly better now :)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Wow Jo, please take care of yourself, that stress will kill you.

I got to the gym tonight. Yay me! Funny thing my hammies were so tight that I couldn't touch my toes. Not even close. I was disappointed at first about my DL/BR weight at 65, then remembered that it's a lower back/arms/chest move so lower weight is required. the YTWL actually kills me and I was only using 5lbs dbs.

Going to be a busy weekend and I deparately want to see Hunger games. I'll probably go by myself. I do that when the men in the house are not interested in a film I want to see. I wold let my 9yo see it if he wanted. He's smart enough to catch the nuances and ask good questions. These kind of rating things really are more about YOUR child's maturity than age. THat's why it's PARENTAL guidance. You decide.