Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get to the gym tonight. To do what, I can't say. I should lift but it's zumba night.

I do max reps each side no matter the exercise.

YEs, I know I stress eat, what makes it worse is I realize when I'm doing it and still can't help it.

I thought I gained while not logging though there is still a chance that it is cycle related water and it;s less than 2 pounds anyway. I'll start logging again on Monday.
  • samntha14
    Options
    update: got to the gym :)
    I love using the bent BB/curling bar for BOR. got my weight up to 70lbs
    Back extension 25
    Wide lat pull 85lbs

I did wobble a little on the one leg partial squat and now my hip hurts. I also realized how often I thrust my hip out when I'm standing, because now it hurts every time I do.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!!
    Eat drink and be merry :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Starting my research so I am comfortable moving to Stage 2. I have a Question for One-point Row. Do you do 10 reps for each leg totaling 20 per set? Or do you do 5 on one leg, and 5 on the other totaling 10 reps per set?
    You do 10 for each leg. 20 total. I loved stage 2- hopefully you do too!

Sam, good job kicking it at the gym!

My in-laws arrived yesterday evening. I love them but my MIL brought homemade pecan pie, homemade pumpkin pie, homemade caramel popcorn, Davy Crockett Bars(chocolate chip bars with oatmeal), brownies, and a box of See's chocolates. I may be doing well not to gain an entire pound of pure fat over these few days. Gah!
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl… the food from your MIL sounds amazing and horrifying all at the same time. I am not sure if I should be jealous or glad!

Made it to the gym this morning. Went a little lighter on the weights and my knee held out… although step ups were a little painful on the right leg. I just need to remember I am not 17 any more (THANK GOD!!) but it is hard sometimes to take it slow.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This is probably the hardest holiday to be away from home and family on for me. I made a pumpkin pie to take in to work… we shall see what my German colleagues make of it :-)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Red bess pumpkin pie is good but seems like a unique taste let me know what your coworkers think

I used to be vegetarian and lived thanksgiving for all the yummy side dishes. We are having friends over and turkey- but also Brussels sprouts cauliflower leeks and potatoes .
    I will eat some turkey to get that protein but also swim for a little wiggle room

I was way over today ! And the holiday is tomorrow
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, and also for being such a welcoming bunch :) Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American mfp friends!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Stage 1, workout B done yesterday and super sore today. Was definitely harder than A. Hoping to go back tomorrow and increase weight on my squat since I don't think I pushed too hard the first time.
    Didn't realize how weak I was until I did a deadlift. Super weak in my fingers too..? I could hardly hold a 15lb dumbbell for the lunges by the end. Anyone have suggestions on simple strengthening exercises for hands?
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving to all
    Terrie do you have gloves?
    They don't make your grip stronger but are helpful
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Pmagnanifit--> Mentioned it to the hubby for an Xmas gift :) He thought I would look ridiculous when I mentioned using my baseball batting gloves.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    EXAMS DONE!!

That's all the news from my corner.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Jo...yay!

Terrie...I think too, that for those exercises that you can, using plates as opposed to the dumbbells does help (with the grip, that is).

Cardio classes will not be back till Tuesday, but that is okay. I will continue with the lifting. Today is dead lifting day, and I cannot wait!!! :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay, jo_marnes! That must be a good feeling....

bepeejaye - what style of deadlifting is your favourite??

I'm back at the gym, today. BOOM!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Thank you for clearing that up cowgirl I appreciate that. I hope everyone enjoyed there Thanksgiving if you live in America, and did not guilt themselves for enjoying it!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are excited to be back!!! Lift on!!
    I am in the initial stages of the deadlift...so I just lift the traditional way..and just one way :-)
    What is yours??
    bepeejaye - what style of deadlifting is your favourite??

I'm back at the gym, today. BOOM!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Funny how DLs make everyone excited - I love 'em too! Go for it girl! As for methods, I'm traditional too. No wide arms/ boxes here. I'm just going with what works - and what doesn't make me look stupid at the gym lol
  • samntha14
    Options
    Had a nice THanksgiving here. I cook for my men and we stay home. With hubby being veggie, I have to cook anyway, so since we had kids it's just easier to stay home. My mom and dad usually stop by, and my in-laws live FAR out of state. I do wish I hadn't gone for the second piece of cheesecake, but I did well over all.

Hoping to go back to the gym tonight. I miss squats. I love squats they are by far my heaviest lift and they make me feel bad-*kitten*. Deadlifts come in a close second, standard deadlift at that.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    squats were always my most measly lift....I'm jealous, samntha!

I want to try a sumo-deadlift, but need to watch more videos (ahead of time) to get comfy with the move. I do the American deadlift (thanks to Bret C - "The Glute Guy" and his video series on "best for glutes").

I usually do mixed-grip, although when I'm doing lighter-weight-higher-volume, I can just do both hands overhand grip.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I had a great day- I did some hiking with my family and did some lifting tonight. I did some foam rolling bull be doing more before bed!
    Beeps, Sam I love squats- right now I am into front squats- even though I hated them the first time around.

Jo- congrats on making through your exams

Bepee- I like your enthusiasm
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Cardio only for me today. Spent an hour on the elliptical and it felt good. I am missing the outdoors though. My knee is feeling better so I am hoping to get back out running on Monday. Stage 1 week 3 starts Monday as well. I cannot believe two weeks are already done. Only lifting 3 days a week, sure makes time fly by.

This will be a busy month. I have 5 Christmas events for work alone, not to mention things with friends. It is a good thing I do my lifting in the mornings so my busy schedule won't get in the way of that. Running after work might be a little harder to keep up so I will have to get in what I can. I realized this morning that I have unintentionally planned for stage one to end the last week of the year. I will wait to do progress pictures and post my measurements then. I am looking forward going into the new year with momentum already going and not the usual "I'll just wait through the holidays and THEN start…". Inevitably, I don't "start" anything until I realize the summer is coming and I still don't look good in that bikini!