Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beepee, a zumba girl after my own heart. don't do it for the calorie burn. I do it because it fun and I love to dance but hate night clubs.

Keep it up Beeps, you're doing great!!

Redbess, All I can recommend is experimentation. YOu may need to eat more, or you may need to eat less. Whenever you make a change do it for at least a month to see if it works.

I got my first workout of stage 5 in including BWM. I don't think I'm ever going to get much passed 2:30. That was my max last time and it was the time I got for bth go throughs today. Other lifts were exactly where I left off from stage 3, but I wasn't pushing too hard.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I got some lifting in yesterday, my last A workout of Stage 3. I am going to miss the A workout. It really kicked my butt and I felt good doing it. Though I skipped the Body Weight Matrix. I'm on doctors orders not to do anything high impact so can't do the jumping lunges/squats so will attempt the BWM in full in Stage 5.

My last B workout will be tomorrow - this workout I will not miss - I don't feel it did anything for me and was extremely boring. I never even broke a sweat. This workout has actually made me look forward to getting to Stage 4 - and I HATED Stage 2 so that is crazy talk!!!!

I'll post my stats, and gains for Stage 3 after tomorrows workouts. I'll also do some measurements - I haven't measured since the end of Stage 1 so we'll see if anything has changed there.

Happy lifting everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I'm glad, actually, that "NO EXCUSES" is only (about) 10 more days....i'd like to make some excuses, lol!

Today, I lift....the curtsey lunges I did on Friday (and the T-Bends!) must STAY in my routine....they were absent for the least few weeks and BOY WAS I SORE this weekend! Some moves are FASTER that curtsey lunges because you don't have to do one-leg at a time. But, those lunges, in particular DO make my glutes fire and THAT MATTERS MOST, for me!

BOOM!

samntha - that's a very fast time for BWM, I'd say....i was never under 3 minutes....frankly, I'm not sure I was ever under 3:30!

lawlorka - can't wait to read your stats!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps you make me laugh. I am the queen of excuses. You make me want to bring back curtsey lunges too.

Well I'm hating the BWM today since I can barely walk on my right leg. The quad is very sore and tends to buckle a bit. I even rolled last night and showed my hubby proper technique for the IT band. we were both doing it wrong and it hurt like a b*itch. THank goodness it's rest day and going up and down the stairs doing laundry is actually helping the leg.

Law, can wait to see your stats, post your weights will ya so we can applaud.

BTW, I figured out why the Single legged DL comes in handy. I do it as I'm folding laundry. I have tall hampers instead of hip baskets and I have to constantly bend over to get clothes from inside. Talk about practicing form lol.

Definitely Supercharged next

From last night:
    1 arm snatch 25lbs
    BOR 95
    SL DL 30dbs
    Incline DB BP 30dbs
    SA squat 15/30
    Plank 1 arm, one leg 30secs push up position very hard!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My biceps hurt from the workout last week. A lady gently squeezed my arm yesterday and I thought I was going to hit the ceiling. I've had pain /soreness in the quads before but never in the arms like that.

Today will be my first full week of exercise in a month! Since this drama with daughter, I haven't had the time , motivation, or energy to go.

I gotta get moving!

I love the pics. Everyone is doing great.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I managed the double Pump/ Combat class Sunday.... hellooooo glutes! Followed by a day of gardening and then got called out for a birth.... got into bed at 4am! Exhausted. So yesterday was spent mostly trying to stay awake but I did get out for a walk. Today I am working all day and won't get a workout in. Hopefully work will keep me busy and these DOMS will wear off!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, not sure this is a NSV or not....I was doing my work-out today, and the place I was standing, in the gym, looks across the running track and on the other side of that, is the mirror I was using to watch my moves! Anyway, during a break in my deadlifts, this old codger is walking along the track and he comes over to the railing that I'm standing behind. I remove my earphones and he says, "...you must be the FITTEST PERSON IN THIS GYM!"

And I respond, "...well, I don't know about that..."

And he interrupts and says, "...you're in here all the time!! How often do you work-out??"

And I respond, "I am only here M/W/F and sometimes Saturday..."

To which he then says, "Oh, well I'm only here M/W/F....I thought you must work-out everyday!" And then he kind of mosied away....

I guess I am NOT the FITTEST PERSON IN THE GYM unless I'm working out everyday, ROFLMAO.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...in any event, I'll accept that I must LOOK like I'm the "FITTEST PERSON IN THE GYM"....as you ALL know, it's the LOOK that I'm after, anyway, not necessarily the SUBSTANCE, lol...
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in. Looks like everyone is killing it.
    Beeps, that's a great NSV!
    Sam, isn't it funny how many of the movements we use in everyday activities. That's one of the best things about lifting.
    Manic, you can do it! Maybe the exercise will give you something else to focus on!
    Jo, your Sunday sounds brutal!

No lifting for me today. The day started with a phone call from my mom saying she was taking my younger brother to the ER. They still don't know what's going on and this day has been chaotic. Hopefully I can fit something in tomorrow even if it's just a quick session.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yay I finished Stage 3 this morning!!!!! I will post starting/finishing weights and all my stats when I get home this evening.

For now, I just wanted to rejoice about almost being halfway through the program!!! Yay!!!!! (does a little dance!) Looking forward to getting back to squats and deadlifts in Stage 4!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Beeps, sounds like you are doing great! If I may, what does NSV stand for, then?

Stage 2 second week yester was better than the first. I still am using the E-Z Curl Bar (but upped weight from 30 lbs. to 40 lbs.) as the DL rack is constantly occupied...but I prefer it this way anyway!!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd take that complement, Beeps! I was in my gym last week and could see one of my students from a prior term totally watching me with the big mirror wall. I wondered if she was impressed with my weightlifting skills or found them hilarious. Either way, who cares?

Bepeeyjaye, it's a non-scale victory--I had no idea until recently myself :)
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    So I'm posting here rather than in the NOv 1 thread because I'm wondering if some folks who have been doing this longer will have advice.

Today's lift (Stage 2 B #2) was not my favorite.

1. I feel like I'm using my back in my deadlift on the box because I can't get all the way to the ground, and I'm worried I'm keeping my back too straight.
    2. WTF are those side flexions supposed to do? I feel nothing in my abs but my hip always smarts. Thinking about swapping it for something else.
    3. Doing the prone cobra (I forgot it in B1), I also felt it wasn't doing much for me but then, lo, managed to pull something fierce in my tricep. I don't know how. But ow. When I let go of the cobra position, it was in so much pain. No idea.
    4. I am feeling the tweak in my knee again. I tweaked in in A1 of Stage 2, babied it, didn't run. Felt better. Ran the other day and could slightly feel it. Today with the bulgarian squat things, could totally feel it. I was able to adjust and feel it less, but I have no idea what to do about it. Brace? Ice? Prosthetic? ha.
    5. I had my back adjusted ysterday--my sacrum (pelvis). Maybe lifting wasn't so brilliant today as the twinge I felt in my glute and lower back turned into a full on hamstring ow.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
    J.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    CCG - please post back when you know more about your younger brother!

lawlorka - CONGRATS on finishing Stage 3!!

sleepyjen - you're right, either way, "who cares"?!?!?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...and...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...it's...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...time...