Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    My hip is not happy. Had an adjustment Friday, felt fine. Went sledding, tripped up the hill, hurts again. Went to zumba anyway. Felt decent jumping but hurt to stretch. getting adjusted again tomorrow. Hopefully I can lift tomorrow.

Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. I had posted on the "Starting Nov 1" thread....but is there a difference (save for using a weight plate in one and DBs on the other) between the Bulgarian Split Squat and the Static Lunge Rear Foot Elevated?

OHH! I know this b/c I asked. It is how high the foot is elevated behind you. It hits two different muscle groups. Rear lunge you keep leg lower to hit the quad, and split squat it is higher to engage the glute, and hammy! :happy:
  • Nimroth
    Nimroth Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello everyone, I haven't posted in here yet, but today I did workout B1 of stage 1. Two workouts down, a lifetime of workouts to go!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    beepejay - previous post is correct, height of the step makes all the difference :-)

nimroth - welcome and well done! They feel less awkward each time so you've crossed the hardest hurdles, good on ya!

Ok, my plan now that placement is over and kids back to school this week: LIFT 3 times. Yes, I am getting back into it. NOW. I have a massage booked on Friday and I am going to EARN it. As much as I have loved these school hols (we have had 7 weeks of them here in Oz) and will miss the kids with them back at school, for my fitness' sake I need normality back! Time to reset the routine and get this body back into action.

Enjoy your weekend all xxx
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. I had posted on the "Starting Nov 1" thread....but is there a difference (save for using a weight plate in one and DBs on the other) between the Bulgarian Split Squat and the Static Lunge Rear Foot Elevated?

The difference is in foot placement and height. In the BSS, you will rest your INSTEP of the rear foot on the weight bench or step(weight bench is perfect height for me) that is at least 12" high. In the lunge, you rest your toes on a step or box that is only about 6-8" high. It took me a long time to realize the difference. If you're doing the BSS correctly they will KILL your glutes. The ROM in the BSS is harder than the lunge.

Jo, sounds like a great plan! Go kill it!

Did Zumba last night. Loved that my very thin (but out of shape) SIL was worn out by the end of it and I was ready to go do some DLs. I will lift tomorrow.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Good intel on the split squat, etc. as I did these a couple of days ago and probably had my leg too high. I am having good consistency this week with lifting sessions. Performed Stage two WO B and did it with a friend today but I normally work out solo. So it was fun doing goblet squats in tandem. Finished off on a thing called "Jacob's ladder", sort of like a tread mill for all four limbs, climbing doing a bear crawl. I am using the NROWL for life, not the women's edition. Some might want to check it out if you have some limitations with the other editions and the exercises.

Yesterday got 35 mins of interval running in and it felt good. Sorry for those having so much cold weather right now. It's dry and very windy here but cold.

happy weekend!
  • rocky503
    Options
    Oh yeah on average if I just do the complete work out it takes me about an hour. Sometimes I skip the RAMP warm up and metabolic push at the end if I do a fitness class followed by lifting.

**Also any tips on building more upper push strength would be great. I have been thinking about doing push up variations every day maybe? I suck in this area or should say it's the my weakest link.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had a great workout today-- I did 4 chin-ups and then my negatives - I love stage six!
    I had a terrible week but I am done with it.
    Beeps what does the d stand for in DH??

Greeting elgray and nancy - this is a helpful group.

Beepejay if I exercise less than 15 min I don't eat back the cals

Barbell cowgirl your new handle is awesome

Nimroth welcome and good attitude
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hardly any lifting for me this week. Unexpected events kept me out late at night making my 5am workouts impossible to get up for. This is why I don't have a social life!! I did keep my running schedule on track though, which is at least something. I will get back on track again next week with lifting.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Did anyone move onto New Rules for Abs after they finished for Women? I'm only in Stage 4 of NROLFW but want to decide where to go next and the Abs book just arrived today (might substitute some of the ab/core exercises in NROLFW for the NROLFA ones too).

I have Supercharged, but I don't really like the 'design your own workout' approach. Is NROLFA a good follow on from NROLFW?
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Rocky, daily push up sounds great, go for it.

Law, I did ABS, I ended up spraining my wrist and didn't finish it, I then moved onto life which was pretty good. I went back to doing a modified 4W, and will start Supercharged next. My strength gains have totally stalled. I got lazy when I hit my goal. THis week would be a good case in point.

So remember we were talking about DLs from the box. I think that's how I threw my hip out. I went for another adjustment last night. Zero pain since. I avoided the gym last night, but I will be dancing the night away (wedding). I will also be eating enough to feed a small third world village and I have no problem with that. I'll even make a donation to unicef in honor of the bride lol. It's not that I over eat per ce, I really like to taste things. I'll go around and take a bite everything and it can add up.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Nancy and Jo, thank you so much! I will be sure to engage those muscles!!

I must say I will not miss Stage 2 once I am done :sad:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sam, that's really interesting--I had my sacrum adjusted last week, and so perhaps we're int the same boat. It was terribly achy that night (this was Monday) and led to that terrible workout Tuesday (among other things). I still have a recurring pinch in my glute and a bit of aching in my low back. I assume they're related. You said you were achy after your first one for the hips, right? I haven't had an adjustment in years and in those days it was all in my neck.

Have an awesome time tonight!
    J.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Be warned...Stage 4 is a repeat of Stage 2!!!! I hated stage 2...the lunges actually made me want to cry!!!

But I'm on Stage 4 now and am actually enjoying it this time!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Well so far so good. I had my adjustment FRiday and it's Sunday. I'm a little worried to go the gym though because it DL day. Maybe I'll just back off the weight like a whole lot. I am happy that I did not eat myself into oblivion last night. It was weird because I just wasn't hungry. I had trouble regulating my blood sugar all day. I also only danced a few songs. THe DJ was not great. Ceremony was absolutely beautiful though :)
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
    Be warned...Stage 4 is a repeat of Stage 2!!!! I hated stage 2...the lunges actually made me want to cry!!!

But I'm on Stage 4 now and am actually enjoying it this time!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Talking back about cold weather..
    Yesterday was finally warm out and I seem a lady going for a run, felt bad so I decided I should probably chop (not chip because it is 3" in some areas) away our sidewalk ice - right after a stage 1B workout.
    Now, two blisters, an hour of chopping and the ice gone, I have a super sore back.. I can't walk very well. I just have bad chopping form :(
  • samntha14
    Options
    I hate how they cut off your head in the thumbnail.
    <<< same dress as last June minus two inches off the seams. Almost had a wardrobe malfunction, and my cousin had ro sew me up during the cocktail hour.

Lazy day, I feel so run down. No energy to do anything.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sam you look great
    Stage five is a lot like stage three

I had a fun weekend away with my family- lots of skiing but I am positive on MFP due to some amazing hot chocolate- it is 16 ounces with broken Heath bar pieces on top of the whip cream.

I am enjoying stage six
  • rocky503
    Options
    I hate how they cut off your head in the thumbnail.
    <<< same dress as last June minus two inches off the seams. Almost had a wardrobe malfunction, and my cousin had ro sew me up during the cocktail hour.

Lazy day, I feel so run down. No energy to do anything.

Nice dress and great progress. I know my head is chopped off too.