Options

Replies

• RawTasha
    RawTasha Posts: 23
    Options
    Sam you're making me hungry!

Pudding way to go cracking the 160's!

Beeps, sounds like a nice day off :o)

NROL4W - Stage 1, workout 10/16 for me this morning. DH grumbled because I woke him at 6:15am. Well he woke me at 5:45am with his snoring... Grr

Walking tomorrow.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm still alive lol I feel slightly more human this morning, my head is definitely clearer but my stomach is still a little dodgy, so another forced rest day.

I'm just gonna plod about the house doing little jobs I think. Was supposed to be full-steam ahead this week with family coming here for Easter and the boy child's 7th birthday on Easter Sunday, but not much to be done about it. It'll all work out in the end :smile:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tasha

Feel better soon Dna

I had a good day-- I went for a short bike ride and then lifted. Basic training 1 is finally feeling good . I got very tired today but it happened after my ride home. That is DOTs- delayed onset tiredness- when I feel good and somewhat tired after a lifting session but then exhausted two to four hours later.( I made up the acronym just now)

And I did a short fifteen minute yoga session before bed. Unfortunately several loads of laundry did not get folded.

Hope you all had a good weekend
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Happy MOANday everyone!

Looking forward to lifting today, as I was down last week, and neither lifted nor did cardio.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    -Sam- ::Hugs:: I'm so sorry about your grandmother.
    -A collective passing around of tissues, fever medications, and church appropriate hugs to all the sick ladies out there. I hope you all start to feel better.
    -Tasha- Welcome to the group! I hope you really enjoy NR!
    -Pudding- CONGRATS! Cracking 160 is awesome!

It was an interesting and very productive weekend. I did my walk Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I figured I'd just run one mile and walk the rest but when I finished the walk my ankle was KILLING me. The fact that I've been running in the same shoes for 12 years probably has something to do with that.....I'm going to do better guys I promise.....one day. But it felt good to be outside in that beautiful weather. I felt super guilty on Friday because I didn't lift and then woke up full of determination on Saturday to get the lifting done only to discover I had already done my three days for the week. Went walking again yesterday and was so proud. My bf recently joined mfp and started walking with me. He didn't think he could do the 3.5 mile walk and every time he finishes the pride on both of our faces is probably bright enough to outshine the sun. He's logging his food faithfully and is even going to start lifting with me! And the best thing about it is that the walks are what's giving him the confidence to do this. He never thought he could do something like that and now that he has weight loss doesn't feel so impossible. His determination really inspires me to keep going. My second great moment on saturday was completely random. I was trying to find a picture of a haircut I wanted to show my friend and I ran across the original pictures I took in November when I joined mfp. I've been really down lately because my inches have been fluctuating and I just don't feel like I'm getting smaller but when I saw those pictures I realized that I have really started moving in the right direction. I'm definitely a lot tighter than I was when I started this journey. So I'm happily moving into week 3 of phase one. Happy lifting everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Today I lift!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sam, big hugs to you. The chocolate overload sounds yummy
    Tasha & Redlips, That's so great that your s/o's are joining you in your workouts. My hubby has been...unmotivated lately lol but I got over it and am quite enjoying my "me" time alone at the gym :) In fact, it may bum me out once he starts coming again lol
    Dnamouse, hope you're feeling better this morning.
    Pudding, woohoo for the 160's!
    Pmagnan, hehe I like that. I believe I've had a few bouts of DOTS myself
    Bepee, MOANday indeed!

I had an awesome lift day Friday and spent 5 1/2 hours walking around the outlet mall with my sis-in-law and friend on Saturday. Holy moly. I thought we were "grabbing a few things". :noway: Don't get me wrong, I love shopping but chit. I need to be ready for it. Then we watched a documentary from the perspective of our town's river. It was shown on a huge outdoor screen on the bank of the river. It was pretty awesome. It's called Yakona \water rising\ if you're interested. Beautiful cinematography.

Yesterday was...interesting. I intended on taking a true rest [read lazy] day and happily sipped through a full bottle of wine. Then had a quite shocking conversation with the husband which threw me for quite a loop. That's when the second bottle came out. Yes. I finished that one too. So today I'm exhausted, hungover, and already have eaten 3 breakfast tacos which I'm sure will just add to my bloaty mess. It's dark, gloomy, and threatening to storm here and I wish I could just be home cuddled up........and perhaps with more breakfast tacos.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beeps, me too!

WillLift, I hope you feel better soon. Drink plenty of H2O to hydrate yourself.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Aw, I hope all of you feel better quick! I think Winter needs to leave for good. A little warm weather and sunshine makes everything better! It was 80 degrees yesterday- today it is 40 and cloudy:(
    Sam, I want a brownie sundae now!

My plan for the next few months: Starting another round of NROL Supercharged today. I may not do the full program, but I'm definitely going to do the Basic Training stages (10-15 rep sets). As much as I hate the higher reps, my body always responds well to them. Hoping to see as much progress this time as I did the first time. I'm cutting out the steady state cardio for now. As much as I love Zumba and going for an occasional jog outside, it seems to hinder my fat loss results and make my body "softer". I'll reevaluate as I go, but as the weather gets nicer, I'll be burning enough cals outside to make up for the cardio. I'm also going to start supplementing with Creatine.
    http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/nutrition/supplements/the-truth-about-creatine/
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Don't forget to check-in for the 8 week challenge!

I give myself a 1 for this week. I was barely under on cals. Only got 2 lifting sessions in. I only got a dismal 26% on protein:( To be fair, hubby was off this week and I did all I could.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok TMI follows:

I got all ready for the gym. I said "honey, do I smell funny?" He sniffs around me, "nope, shirt smells good." I leave to make 2 stops before the gym. I call him and say, "either these dry cleaning clothes stink or it is me. If it is me I am coming back home." I drop off the clothes and the smell is worse. I am sure the lady at the dry cleaners thinks our clothes have been stuck in the dog pen for a while. I get back in the car and the smell is still there. I know now it has to be me and going to the gym is out of the question. You know how someone stinks already and the sweat just intensifies the odor? Well, I didn't want that to happen to me. I quickly jump in the shower and scrub. Get dressed and still faintly smell the odor. OK IT IS NOT ME by this time. I take a deep sniff of my shorts. YEP it is them. Moral of the story: Don't dig through dirty laundry to find your gym shorts that you forgot to wash over the weekend! :embarassed: :ohwell: :noway: :laugh:
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Sorry to hear some are ill. I had lifting plans on Friday, but after getting adjusted I was exhausted. Weird, I ended up taking a huge nap instead. The whole weekend was a loss in regard to workouts so I did end up with a rest week after phase 1 completetion. I am going to log food again starting today. As I have been indulgeing a little too much here and there.

DH and I enjoyed our rare night alone on Saturday and stayed up til 1am! Quite rare for us. I tried to get a picture in my new dress and shoes but the angle he took it at made me look like a munckin so I can't post it.

At the chiropractor's found that my lower back and shoulders are not as flexible as they could be so I have special excercises for that now. Also I got a referral for a local trainer so I will be checking into that. At least I confirmed my glutes work properly with squats that's a plus. My s-i joint is back in line and much better, but I was so tired for about 36 hours after it was adjusted. Probably releasing a lot of tension from muscle tightness etc.

This week I will be starting phase 2 in the life edtion (second time around).

This week I give myself a 1/3 with a goal for this next week to be a 3 which I sorely need....
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Bahaha Manic, I'm so sorry but thanks for the laugh :) I'm on my 7th big cup o' water and feeling much better.
    Rocky, I bet you looked beautiful. Sounds like you had a nice night too.

This week I'm happy to report a 3/3! I got all 3 lifting sessions in, only had 1 over-calorie day ALL WEEK and treated myself to a new pair of skinny jeans and fossil shades on that 5.5 hour shopping extravaganza. Unfortunately I already think this week will be at most a 2 since I had an over day yesterday, and it's not even 5 here and I have about 200 cals left in my budget.

Note to self: Over-drinking=bad. Hangover food=bad. Hangover-induced exhaustion=no workout=bad. I'm tossing up the white flag today and resting up for a killer rest of the week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    BBCowgirl - I get 3/3 for this week! BOOM!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Oh Mary that's too funny!

Rocky, so glad you had a fun date night!

I'm sorry everyone is not feeling well. I'm finally back to feeling better! I did squats today and assistive lifts - it was tough but felt great!! No huge numbers but I love that feeling of working hard and seeing results!

Cowgirl, I've been supplementing with creatine for about a year. There was a government study that found older women maintained muscle mass easier/longer/better when using creative. I take 10gms daily, and do take it about 30 min before I lift. I don't know if it helps that or not but I know I lose muscle mass quickly so I figure anything that might help I'll do.

I'm 2/3 on the challenge this week.

..and now I'm off to catch my train home from the office!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I felt like my week was a 3.

I was supposed to run today. It was 72 when I left my house this morning and now it's a terribly windy and wet 45. That mess is for the birds. I've been really consistent so I'm just gonna let it go for today. I'm also really sore from yesterday...

WillLift, what was the conversation with your DH?

Manic, I've been guilty of wearing stinky workout clothes on purpose... but not to the gym. I do have an armband I need to deal with.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Over the last week, I shall be nice and give myself a 3 as I did manage one workout on top of PLP and eating well.

This week shall be a different story - onto day 4 of silly headache. I'm gonna have a shower and head out to do the groceries and other chores and hope the ibuprofen kicks in (I only take ibuprofen as a last-resort... so yeah, pretty desperate to be rid of this headache which is more like a minor migraine with dodgy halo eyesight and sore muscles).

I don't really want to admit defeat and take the entire week off just yet. Will keep on plodding through.

But my stomach is agreeable to food now, which is a bonus! :happy: :drinker:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    DNA, I hope that headache goes away. There's few things worse than a migraine :(
    Manic, LOL! I've done that before too!

You ladies are killing the challenge!

Sue, I'm really kicking myself for not researching it sooner. There appears to be some major benefits to it.

My first Basic Training workout went great. I discovered my gym has battle ropes in the aerobics studio- what an awesome HIIT workout!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright, what ARE "battle ropes" and HOW did they give you a good workout?!?

I just don't wanna do cardio....i just don't. I know i have to. Even one more day per week would really help my cause.....
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I will give myself 2/3 for last week. Protein was about as good as I can get it while not eating meat. I worked out 5/7 days as planned. Cheated a bit too much though :P