Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We do have battle ropes in our gym...and i do see peeps using them!! Nice!
    I'll have to Google battle ropes.

I was going to run this morning but my tummy was sad. I'm feeling better now so I'm heading out.

Pudding, I would put those dumbbells as 30 lbs and the barbell as 20 lbs.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Thank you again ladies. Sorry to cut up the conversation. It's been an insane week. When it rains it pours.

As you know, my Gram was very sick, and she passed away Thursday morning. You can't make this stuff up. I will attending services for my Brother with my mom's family Monday, and then for Gram on Tuesday and WEdnesday with my dad's family. THey are both so fragile. I guess I'll have channel Gram and ask her to grant me strength to hold them both up.

Supercharged, which I bought myself for my birthday, is still here in the bag.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. My name is Tameika and I joined this group a while back when I was considering NROLFW. Didn't end up doing it so never really participated in the group. I have lurked here and there though.

I just recently started Supercharged (did 2 days so far) and noticed that it's discussed here more than it is in the actual NROLS group so I decided to join in the chatter here. I hope that's ok. It's just nice to have persons to talk to regularly who can relate to what I'm doing. Looking forward to participating here.

@sam Very, very sorry for your losses. Condolences to u and the family.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Welcome, Tameika! I love this group. We talk about everything fitness here :smile:
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Thank you again ladies. Sorry to cut up the conversation. It's been an insane week. When it rains it pours.

As you know, my Gram was very sick, and she passed away Thursday morning. You can't make this stuff up. I will attending services for my Brother with my mom's family Monday, and then for Gram on Tuesday and WEdnesday with my dad's family. THey are both so fragile. I guess I'll have channel Gram and ask her to grant me strength to hold them both up.

Supercharged, which I bought myself for my birthday, is still here in the bag.

So sorry Sam :-(

I hope you have someone looking after you..... you are important too you know. It's not your responsibility to look after everyone else. Sure, do it if you can - and that's awesome. But not to your own detriment. Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxx
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I slept in but managed to lift during lunch. I had to use a smith machine for front squats which was still awkward.

Welcome jamaicanlady
    I am doing supercharged and just started basic training 2.

Sam I am so sorry - what a double whammy.

Runzalot do you ever feel conflicted because you want to run and lift?

Beeps what's a Fibonacci workout?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Gosh, samntha, there are no words.

Sorry for your losses.

Jamaicanlady - i have supercharged! I am not doing it, but i own it....it's great!

Pmagnanlift - fibonaccis, in my routine are 21 - 13 - 8 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 reps, where you increase the weights going up the pyramid and then decrease the weights going back down. I have to skip the 21's on each end due to time constraints.

It is scheduled cardio, today....ZOOM!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome Temeika! Glad to see another Supercharger!

Pmag, isn't it funny how after you've lifted with free weights it's awkward to use the machines?

I will lift today. Hopefully can up my weights. I lied about my glutes and hammies- it just took longer for the DOMS to set in. It now hurts to sit down. :ohwell:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Gosh, samntha, there are no words.

Sorry for your losses.

Jamaicanlady - i have supercharged! I am not doing it, but i own it....it's great!

Pmagnanlift - fibonaccis, in my routine are 21 - 13 - 8 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 reps, where you increase the weights going up the pyramid and then decrease the weights going back down. I have to skip the 21's on each end due to time constraints.

It is scheduled cardio, today....ZOOM!

That sounds like a very effective workout. I like varying rep ranges.
    I'm jealous of your Saturday cardio. I really want to go to Zumba today, but I really just can't see the benefit over doing a great lifting session and HIIT (I know you NEED yours for your lungs).
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm going biking today. Got to take my new birthday present out on a official test drive even if I'm not hitting the woods just yet.
  • runzalot81
    Options

Runzalot do you ever feel conflicted because you want to run and lift?
    Pmag, that's an interesting question. Right now, my priority is lifting. If I miss a scheduled run or two, no sweat because I'm not training for a race.

I've been running for 11 years but my hips and legs still cling to fat. With lifting, I'm looking to reduce that fat. Doing both, it's really important that I keep my calories/protein up. I'm working hard but retaining water and gaining inches :embarassed: However, I'm determined to give this program a fair shake. Last fall, I quit after Stage 4 and was lazy about protein intake. This is the perfect season to go all out because I can give myself some room to grow and change with dresses and skirts.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

runzalot maybe you retaining wine calories still:drinker:

Really? It's been a week since I had a glass of wine. My one glass was less than 150 calories. :embarassed:

Runzalot I got my lines crossed with Willlift4tats who imbibed last week....:flowerforyou:
    Also I reread my post I did not clarify I had Champagne last Sunday then a couple of glasses of wine the other night (not all in one sitting). So in the same week still too many off track calories.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I refigured my performance goals a little and now I will be lifting 2-3 a week and following Al Higdon's 5k training plan for novice mixed up a bit with the intermediate 5k training.

Sometimes I think I am not progressing but I looked at an early March training sheet and my DL was 70# compared to my DL last Friday at 115#. So okay moving in the right direction.

Long day, walked nearly 4 miles then went and saw Totem and had dinner with family. dying eggs at 10:30pm for tomorrow. Now off to bed as Sunday is a regular lifting day and if I don't get up be the Easter bunny and get to the gym early I won't get it done.

Night all, Happy Easter. :flowerforyou:
  • runzalot81
    Options

runzalot maybe you retaining wine calories still:drinker:

Really? It's been a week since I had a glass of wine. My one glass was less than 150 calories. :embarassed:

Runzalot I got my lines crossed with Willlift4tats who imbibed last week....:flowerforyou:
    Also I reread my post I did not clarify I had Champagne last Sunday then a couple of glasses of wine the other night (not all in one sitting). So in the same week still too many off track calories.

Welp, I had another glass last night :drinker: And didn't quite meet my protein goal :embarassed:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    If you are trending in the right direction, pay attention!!

The rest of it is just noise, noise, noise!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everybody! And thanks for the welcome. So happy to see other superchargers here.

Worked out 3 days this past week. No cardio. Will try to get in 1 day of HIIT this week. Can you tell I hate cardio?

My main goal right now is fat loss. I'm about 2-3 lbs away from my ideal weight but my body fat is really very high. (Too embarrassed to say what it is right now).

My diet contains way too many carbs and not enough protein. Definitely need to improve on that this week.

Beeps, what program are you currently doing? I think I remember you from over by jpfitness.

Again, I'm so happy to be here. I'm sure my fiance and friends are tired to listen to all my obsessive talk about everything fitness related.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Beeps, thanks for the cheerleading. I've got a lot of noise going on right now :grumble: I had a dream the other night that I put batteries in my scale and discovered I had gained over 10 lbs! I'm still obsessing over the measuring tape which is showing gains. I need to hide that thing in the car.

I'm going to stick to my current plan and arrange all my dresses and skirts that I will be wearing to work this week.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!

I've had a decent week! 3 lift workouts only but they were good solid sessions. Friday was DLs and man my butt is sore!! I didn't break any records, just slammed form! Ow!! Tomorrow is bench, plus chest and lat accessory lifts.

Sam, I'm sorry. I can't imagine how difficult this is. I'm here if you want help in anyway!

Beeps is so right! Don't sweat the small stuff. It changes too quickly! Keep the course and no matter if you seem to have setbacks (they really aren't) you will attain your longterm goals!

Runz, muscle gain?

I lost my fitbit the other day, no idea how it could have popped off but it did. The company is replacing it free. I contacted them to have it turned off and they offered!

:D We're having Easter steak (cooked on the grill) tonight, au gratin potatoes, veggies and salad.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say 'hi' before we head off to the beach for the week.

I'm on the mend, still sick, but slowly getting better and able to eat more each day. It really took the wind out of my sails!

So I'm going to laze about the beach, eating, sleeping, walking and generally just take it easy and hopefully enjoy myself. The husband is bringing the jet skis but I thinking a beach chair is a little more my style this week :wink:

My online store is shut for the week, so I'm mentally taking a time-out too.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello- I had a lot of pain this weekend so I am back to physical therapy tomorrow.
    I think I am 3/3 though. I am making my protein only by eating too many calories.

I am scheduled to lift tonight but I am watching the playoffs.
    Rocky did you like totem? We are planning to go next weekend.
    Hope everyone had a good one