Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just checking in-- I am at a 1.5/3- met 3/3 workouts. I didn't ride to work once although we had gorgeous weather70s and dry-- but I did two rides on the weekend so I'm claiming half a point. I can't seem to make my protein.
    Nice job everyone
    Cowgirl do you wave the ropes for hiit
    I picked out new exercises for BT II- I will be happy to have less reps.

I went out for drinks with a friend after work and had some yummy bites. I hate guessing what I ate when I am entering it in MFP. They had a dip made from walnuts which was incredible!!
  • RawTasha
    RawTasha Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi ladies, good to hear lots of lifting going on.
    Tell me about the 1/3 2/3 3/3 ratings please :o)
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Manic...ew and bwahahaha! :laugh:
    Barbell, am jealous about the ropes...I wish I had some to work with!
    Tasha, we are to give ourselves points on a 3-point scale, concerning our workout challenge goals

Mine? I am doing well with avoiding the "visible carbs," and increasing Protein intake...I am as yet to meet my 150g Protein-a-day goal...I will not fret much over that though. My assisted chin-ups are coming on well, I think. I am doing the reverse-narrow-grip type. I am not strong enough to do the wide pull-ups yet...hoping to get there sometime this year. With that, I think 1/3 will do for me :smile:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    At just after 9pm last night, my 25-year-old brother died of a heart attack. I was looking for the left jab and missed the right hook. I've been praying so hard for Gram. I selfishly asked God not to take her on my birthday, but he took my brother instead. He was a troubled soul. I can only hope now he is at peace and Mother can find solace eventually that he left us of natural causes. IF God only gives us what we can handle, then he must think my mother is the biggest bad-*kitten* ever created because I don't know how one person could withstand the tragedies that woman has experienced in her short 60 years. Sorry for throwing it out there. We haven't told anyone outside of the family yet, and it is weighing on me. You ladies are amazing and with the anonymity and support I find here I am forever grateful.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Ok TMI follows:

I got all ready for the gym. I said "honey, do I smell funny?" He sniffs around me, "nope, shirt smells good." I leave to make 2 stops before the gym. I call him and say, "either these dry cleaning clothes stink or it is me. If it is me I am coming back home." I drop off the clothes and the smell is worse. I am sure the lady at the dry cleaners thinks our clothes have been stuck in the dog pen for a while. I get back in the car and the smell is still there. I know now it has to be me and going to the gym is out of the question. You know how someone stinks already and the sweat just intensifies the odor? Well, I didn't want that to happen to me. I quickly jump in the shower and scrub. Get dressed and still faintly smell the odor. OK IT IS NOT ME by this time. I take a deep sniff of my shorts. YEP it is them. Moral of the story: Don't dig through dirty laundry to find your gym shorts that you forgot to wash over the weekend! :embarassed: :ohwell: :noway: :laugh:

THanks for the chuckle :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sam, I am so so sorry for your loss. What a tragedy for you and your family, I cannot even imagine. Big hugs to you, I'll be thinking of you and your family <3
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    At just after 9pm last night, my 25-year-old brother died of a heart attack. I was looking for the left jab and missed the right hook. I've been praying so hard for Gram. I selfishly asked God not to take her on my birthday, but he took my brother instead. He was a troubled soul. I can only hope now he is at peace and Mother can find solace eventually that he left us of natural causes. IF God only gives us what we can handle, then he must think my mother is the biggest bad-*kitten* ever created because I don't know how one person could withstand the tragedies that woman has experienced in her short 60 years. Sorry for throwing it out there. We haven't told anyone outside of the family yet, and it is weighing on me. You ladies are amazing and with the anonymity and support I find here I am forever grateful.

omg....soooooooooooo sorry for your loss, samntha!!

What awful news!!

My heartfelt condolences.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sue, I didn't know that about creatine. Good info
    Runz, it was regarding a mutual friend of ours who had just made a...sexual comment to him. It was upsetting because he is a friend to both of us and I felt that his comment was inappropriate and disrespectful to me. Just threw me off because I never expected him to approach my husband like that. We discussed and handled it. It was just a lot...
    Dna, I'm glad you're getting some food in you! Migraines are no joke :(
    Barbell, I'd also like to know what these battle ropes are :)

Have a beautiful Tuesday ladies. I have big household plans of tidying, laundry, baking bread, etc. I hope to get a workout in, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are bad for me since the DH is in class through 8 p.m. and I use that time to catch up around the house and have dinner made for him once he gets home.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OMG Sam, I'm in shock! I'm so very sad. Call me or text me if I can do anything - run errands, pick friends up at the airport, whatever, I will do what you and your family need done.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    SAM!!! (((hugs))) I am so sorry.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sue, I didn't know that about creatine. Good info

There are several studies within this site but specifically, this one points to creatine supplementation being beneficial to muscle retention in older women.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23053133
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, Sam :(
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sam, I am so sorry :frown:
  • samntha14
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)
  • RawTasha
    RawTasha Posts: 23
    Options
    Sam, I'm so very sorry for your loss *hugs* x
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Oh Sam :( Take care sweetie xxx
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sam...my condolences...hang in there :flowerforyou:

Just coming down from my Core-then-TRX Suspension Training-then-Zumba high impact classes....aahhh....proud to be an addict! :love:
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sam I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

3/3 for the challenge last week and things are about to go up another level because my barbell is finally in! I can't stop squatting with the EZ curl bar!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing dresses and skirts the last couple of days. Been feeling really good. Today, I put on pants and they were tight :noway: I measured and my hips are swollen by a half inch :sick: :sick: :sick: At least, I hope it's just swelling. I started Stage 2 on Sunday and have had some DOMS.

I was going to run on Monday but got rained in. I was going to run today but DS is grounded and DH isn't home :grumble: :grumble:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    My quads are killing me. They shouldn't be. the lower body work i did, today, was weighted hip thrusts and T-bends. Gawd-d*mmit if I am STILL getting TOO MUCH QUAD and NOT ENOUGH GLUTE!!