Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kate Robin, Bliss

That is a funny story Sam.....god love the man eh?

Pudding I had the hungries and I just ate. Seemed like my body just needed food for healing.

Excited since I may have finally figured out the right cals and food composition load.....will be able to tell for sure early next week!

Nice to see you back barbell.

DouMc I'm right behind you I figure I'll be done w 3 by the end of next week. Kinda psyched for 4 since I loved 2 so much.

NSV someone at work asked what I was doing since I looked so good. I said "lifting. Heavy!" mentally my commitment to lifting is reinforced. Y'all are right - it works. Everyone here is an inspiration - endless cardio, pink barbie dumbbells and fear of bulky=outdated ideas and a thing of the past.

Today, I face BWM. :))
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Beeps...thank you.
    Will.....I take monthly progress pictures... :smile:
    Sam....:laugh: :laugh:

Welcome Robin.

Yester I did not lift. On my way into work, my car indicated "low pressure, rear tyre.." I decided I would get into our facility, and see if the fire department would help. But on reaching the gate and going through security, one of them said, " Lady, there is a big fat nail sticking from your back 22-incher!" Arrgghh!! So I pulled over immediately, and called AAA. Luckily, we were not doing any launch tests yester...whew! I spent the evening going to the tyre store and etc....

Hoping bicycling tonight will be extra-fun.

Lift on, ladies!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sam that's a great first date story lol. I love that it's still a lil joke for ya'll. (Also, I can TOTALLY take care of that breakfast overload for you!)
    Bepee, you keep teasing us with pics ... :wink:
    DouMc, haven't tried a TRX classes but I always use the bands at my gym for extra stretching. Feels great.
    Sunshine, HIGH-FIVE! Great NSV! :happy:

Well my frienemy TOM convinced me to bake brownies and drink wine yesterday instead of being active. :blushing: Not today TOM, not today.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    DouMc, I've read TRX is a great workout! If the TRX stuff I've tried is any indication of what the class is like, it will be HARD (in a good way!). If you do it, you will have to give us a review.

Pmag, I hope you feel better. I can't imagine dealing with pain on a regular basis.

Bepee, sorry about the tire!

Sunshine, people noticing your hard work is such a sweet NSV!

Sam, that's too funny!

WillLift, brownies...mmmmm.

No lifting for me again today. One of my little ones is sick and the hubs won't be home until late tonight. It's so very frustrating. I'm going to assume my body needed some rest. Funny thing is, my back has been hurting from sitting in a car so much. I haven't had back pain like this for a long time. One more thing being active has improved. Today I will carefully track my cals and eat my protein.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ....ooops, I never sent the message below. I'm adding to it now - I lifted this morning, and mid workout my HRM transmitter died. It was a GREAT session - I started my deads at 115 and did 4 sets increasing each set by 15. I tried to pull 180 but failed - though I did press 180 on the seated press machine. I did walking lunges - I can't carry much weight with those, and I'm exhausted when I finish. I supersetted back extensions with 25# and incline leg raises. I am all mushy feeling and climbing the stairs from the subway was difficult!!

Oh and today, I have NO pain in my shoulder at all. That's so screwy!

Welcome newcomers! We're pretty easy going here, so ask away and I am sure someone will share their experience. I lifted yesterday but I guess I'm going to have to go to the doc about my shoulder. Today it's not sore but yesterday all day, it hurt. My hubby called me hard-headed - yea he is right, but I'm really worried that I'll have to stop lifting. It doesn't feel worse, and it doesn't hurt all the time. Ok, I'll call the doc

I lift tomorrow and then again on Saturday.

I've done a lot of reading in NROL4Life and I'm getting to the point where I can put together a program now. I think I will try the food program along with it. I've been eating so poorly lately and just can't get back into the swing of things! VERY frustrating.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I need to focus. I've been a bit lazy. I need to clean my house, lift the weights, and eat the pizza. And hopefully not burn the *kitten* out of my mouth like I did on Sunday.
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I am back from my road trip. Totally feeling yucky, too, from sitting in a car for 28+ hours and eating poorly. Spent yesterday at work and doing laundry and yard work. Looking forward to starting Phase 2, but have to wait until Monday since I will be up in the mountains with my daughter at Girl Scout camp tomorrow.

My gym doesn't have any boxes so I have been using the bench for my step-ups. However, there are some exercises in Phase 2 that need a lower box. Any suggestions on what to use instead of the bench? I will not be doing Deadlifts from the box, as I still need to build my strength after hurting myself during Phase 1.

Do any of you use YouTube videos for your HITT? Do you do your HITT after lifting or on non-lifting days?

I so need to focus on getting my eating under control and logging EVERYTHING. Also, really need to get back to walking the dog every night (it's been so rainy lately) and riding my bike to do work errands (hubby needs to help me figure out what's wrong with it).

Bepee--so sorry you missed your workout due to a flat tire! Not cool!

Sam--you have me giggling. Good luck with those bagels and pancakes (I would be in sooo much trouble!)

Barbell-hope your little one feels better soon!

Welcome to the new ladies!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    My balance is sucking today :sick: I deloaded and I'm still falling all over the place.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Gah, I am SO hungry today. I cannot eat enough. What do you do on days when you are so hungry that you are going to blow over your calories, even exercise ones? I don't really want to work out again. I am trying to just trust in and listen to my body, and make healthy choices, but I am so huuunnnnggrrrrrryyyy....

Stupid TOM :P

EAT! Don't eat crap, eat protein - grilled chicken, or tuna or cheese, or greek yogurt. You're hungry for a reason. Going over your cals for 1 day isn't going to kill you.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Does anyone else read the general forums for trash entertainment? I don't watch reality TV but I do like to laugh at the stupid things that come to life in forums.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Me too. I get hours of entertainment out of them. It probably makes me a bad person but I really enjoy all the arguing that goes on. Some people are just so easily offended!

I lifted today. My last B workout of stage 3. Now I just have to repeat A and I am on to stage 4. Wohoo! I am celebrating with a glass of wine! :drinker: Ok the truth is I would be drinking the wine anyway but its nice to have an excuse.
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I figured out why I am so sore. I misread the book somehow and I have been doing too many sets (5 instead of 3). Worst part is I read that chapter twice and missed it.

I like reading the success stories; they keep me going. And I definitely read through a couple drama threads for entertainment.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The "reality forums" are sometimes my only way of getting through the workday :laugh:
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Kate, 5 sets?!? I wouldn't even be able I get out of bed :P

Yes, sometimes if I am bored I venture into some of the other threads. Always good for a laugh. It's sometimes also scary to see the kinds of questions posted by people, things I consider common sense and basic knowledge.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    These days we have so many awesome ladies here that all my extra time goes to reading this thread. :laugh:

They tried to kill us in zumba last night. We have multiple instructors leading the class, there are close to 100 people, and it was hotter than Hades. I was really sore afterwards. At the start of class the head instructor, the baddest of the bada$$es, announced that she is now a certified trainer and encouraged the ladies to sign up for some weight training. "If you've been doing these classes forever, and nothing has changed, you NEED to hit the weights!" LOVE IT!!. I may take her "first session for free" just o hang together for an hour.

It was a good thing I burned so much last night because boy did I eat today. The eighth grade teachers all went out to Houihan's for lunch for our last hoorah and to cry into our wine over how much we'll miss the kids. I'm 800 over for the day. All missed calories this week have now been recovered. :blushing:

It was a beautiful and emotional day, and now I'm just going to chill out here with my guys. Lifting tomorrow (with my first day of summer school-no rest for the weary)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have time to sit and read the thread properly (kinda lol)

Welcome Kate & Robin!

Pudding, just eat, one day isn't going to do a lot of damage. I'm coming up to TOM, so there are days when I am starving, no matter how much good stuff I try to eat I still want something deliciously not in my macros - and so I do. Because I know it will even out down the track.

Hang on... someone said brownies..... hmmm brownies.....

Which reminds me. It's last day of school term today and the boy's class is having a party. The teacher asked if he could have some of the cake. ummmm.... no?? He's coeliac. He's always been coeliac, he has his little box of gf goodies... he never has cake at school, and he can't eat it today :huh: ah well. Maybe I'll make him some cupcakes later if I get time for afternoon tea :happy:
    My gym doesn't have any boxes so I have been using the bench for my step-ups. However, there are some exercises in Phase 2 that need a lower box. Any suggestions on what to use instead of the bench? I will not be doing Deadlifts from the box, as I still need to build my strength after hurting myself during Phase 1.

Do any of you use YouTube videos for your HITT? Do you do your HITT after lifting or on non-lifting days?

I work out from home, so probably won't help much lol But I use my Wii Fit step thingy for the lower box. I don't do the deads from the box either.

I haven't been doing the HIIT this last stage (just finished Stage4) because I didn't have time and I have been attempting a little bulk, but I'll be re-introducing it in Stage 5 after my rest week. I generally did HIIT straight after lifting and did intervals on my stairs - causes the cat to give me some funny looks lol. But this time I'm looking at some Fitness Blender stuff to possibly do on my non-lifting days as time is at a premium due to work.
    Does anyone else read the general forums for trash entertainment? I don't watch reality TV but I do like to laugh at the stupid things that come to life in forums.

Yes. Yes, I do.... :glasses:
    I figured out why I am so sore. I misread the book somehow and I have been doing too many sets (5 instead of 3). Worst part is I read that chapter twice and missed it.

Oops! LOL I think I would have been dead by about the 4th set :laugh: Well done getting through it all! No wonder you were sore :flowerforyou:

As of this morning, I have now officially finished Stage 4! I'm on a rest week! Yay!! First week of school holidays coming up and I have some sleeping planned lol
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Wow, a celiac kid?!?! Never heard of that! Yuck....that's a toughie.

Daughter's grad means cake fir us, here!

I'm too full to eat it, though.....i will lift tomorrow.
  • jdgro
    jdgro Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies....weird question. Is it too early (only in 3rd week of NROL4W) to have this be related to my strength training: I am having a weird "under boob" thing happening with my bras. At first I attributed it to the straps shifting around somehow, but it now seems to be all my bras and then today I was in a bikini top and same thing. It's like the bottom of my bra is now cutting into the bottom part of my boob. It's on both sides but more pronounced on one side (so I'm lopsided lol.) I am wondering if maybe my shoulders are growing a little bit, or my back?
  • jdgro
    Options
    Or maybe this post-lifting swelling phenomenon which I'd never experienced before but had happen last week (but only to my thighs.) Does that happen to your back?
  • jdgro
    Options
    Me again! Okay so tomorrow is the day in stage 1 when I switch from 2 sets to 3 sets. It feels like it's going to be a lot. How did most people do this? Like did you do the same amount you did most recently and just bump up to 3 sets rather than 2? I just increased weight this week so arleady feel like I'm pushing myself but then that's what I want to be different about this program: that I **do** push myself.

Oh BTW anyone ever listen to "Doctor Radio" on Sirius/XM radio? Today the sports medicine show was talking about HIIT and I was shocked that they are all SO down on it. They feel it is unproven, trendy, a fad that will pass, and dangerous. What do you all think?