runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    bepee, the pie was divine!

I guess I'll do my AMRAPs today.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot!

So... my DH was cleaning the carpet the other day and wanted to move my barbell out of the way. It had 85 lbs on it. He told me last night he can't move my weights anymore because that barbell aggravated his hernia?!! :noway: :glasses:
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I'm in stage four and haven't lost a pound yet. I have to measure still for the month but I have noticed some clothes are getting looser around the waist. My thighs/legs and arms seem to have gotten bigger :(
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, I am so sorry! The only word to describe people like that is "scumbags" or maybe "parasites". It makes me furious to hear of people doing those things!

Runz, that looks amazing- pie baking is an art.

Beeps and Sam, I need a good kick in the rear! I've started Strong Curves hoping to get some motivation back. Mainly I need to get my eating under control. All my lifting is for naught if I can't keep my mouth shut! I'm going to a "pump" class tonight to see what it is about. I won't be able to lift again until Thursday, but I don't feel ready to lift tonight.

So let's make July ours! I want 5lbs gone this month!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Sam that is worth a freak out.

Kate if you were doing lots of sets before it makes sense that you have more energy with less sets. You can lift heavier from the beginning but it may be from your cns not lots of new muscle early .
    Enjoy it

I saw a gi md she doesn't know what's wrong either but thinks likely it was an irritable bowel flare. Since I am not lifting this week as a planned rest I didn't eat breakfast or lunch. I didn't have any near passing out episodes- so it was a good day. I had 3-10 times a day where I was feeling lightheaded and on my visits I was told it was due to dehydration. Somehow I don't think this strategy will work in the long run...
    If you are having digestion issues than Fasting may not be for you. I hope they find a conclusive diagnosis. THe best thing that ever happened to me was having a doctor tell me, "you're not crazy. here's the problem right here." Best of luck and feel better.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Happy Canada day to all up north!!!
    I had a good week last week. I got all my workouts in, both running and lifting and I ate pretty healthy. This week I am focusing on getting protein at every meal and eating plenty of veg. I am also trying to cut out the bread. I get a little carried away with the bread sometimes. Workout wise, I want to run 3 times this week and lift 3 times too.

Is it normal that the numbers on the scale (weight and body fat%) are not moving at all? I have been doing this program for just over a week, but started lifting in combo with running about 22 days ago. Since then I have not lost an ounce, my measurements are the same, my clothes fit the same. It is getting a little frustrating. How long before I should start to see some changes?

Have a good day everyone.
    Sarah
    A week? This is not an instant gratification program, you can complain about numbers after two to three months. In the beginning there is tons of water retention. It should eventually flush. Also, make sure you are eating enough. Seems counter-intuitive but it's true. Most people only do about a 250 a day deficit (Barbell, what's the percentage on that again, I forget)
  • samntha14
    Options
    Sam, I am so sorry! The only word to describe people like that is "scumbags" or maybe "parasites". It makes me furious to hear of people doing those things!

Runz, that looks amazing- pie baking is an art.

Beeps and Sam, I need a good kick in the rear! I've started Strong Curves hoping to get some motivation back. Mainly I need to get my eating under control. All my lifting is for naught if I can't keep my mouth shut! I'm going to a "pump" class tonight to see what it is about. I won't be able to lift again until Thursday, but I don't feel ready to lift tonight.

So let's make July ours! I want 5lbs gone this month!
    I think you and I started within months of each other and two years of this, even with varied programs, gets redundant. I want to finish supercharged, but what they say seems to be true, the more fit you are, the harder it is to see progress.

I just got back from the gym, Day 1 this week. I did my hour of lifting and then 45 min of zumba as my intervals/cardio. Staying under cals today will NOT be a problem.

I had a super day at work and my kids are awesome, hubby apologized (in his way) and I have wonderful family and friends who are helping out. GOOD DAY!! My little bank Outsources their debit and credit to VISA so ball is in Visa's court. They said five business days, fingers crossed. If they don't do this right it will be time for a new bank, which will be very sad. I've been there for 10 years, and I know everybody and they all know me and are always willing to make exceptions in my favor.

SO I really need to cut back on the diet soda. We were having the conversation this weekend :what did we drink before we got hooked on the poison?" The answer for most of us was powdered iced tea and powdered Country Time lemonade. No wonder I developed hypoglycemia with all that sugar. I did discover Hawaiian Punch. I water it down a little so it's 40 cals a glass and 12 sugars.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Righto, so I've overhauled my diet and eating patterns. Starting with that this week (starting today! lol) and then add the exercise back in next week. I cranked the numbers hard and think I've got it sorted... I hope :wink:

Have closed my diary though while I work it out - also because I don't want to log every single damn day, so I've given myself some wiggle room for things like cupcakes, icecream and going out (ie, that means the husband better be scheduling in a non-work night while we are childless next week so we can actually go out to dinner and a movie like on a REAL DATE NIGHT :tongue: )

Have I mentioned I don't like being so short? A 5-10% deficit is only about 1400-1500 calories per freaking day :grumble:

Ah well! I does mean I get to drink lots and lots of water LOL :laugh:
  • runzalot81
    Options
    the more fit you are, the harder it is to see progress.
    My life :grumble:

I did AMRAPs today and it was terrible. I was so not into it.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hope the Canadians in here had a great day today!!

Just coming off my Zumba high - over 700 cals; 181 HRM Max later...aaahhhh......
    Today, I clocked the highest protein thus far - 143g!!!!

Tomorrow I will lift and push heavy things!

Now to watch the prior recorded USA vs. Belgium game - I did all I could to avoid knowing the score aforehand! What work! Whew!!

It is a the most beautiful evening, since winter, for me - dark, cold, dreary-looking grey clouds hanging in the sky.....constant rain dropping...not a speck of sunlight in the sky...aaahhhhh....is this heaven? :drinker:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So I realized that since school is on summer break, I'm living a pretty sedentary life. Apart from lifting for an hour 3 days a week plus some cardio, I sit on my *kitten* all day. What this means is I will either have to cut calories since I'm not burning as much (according to the scale), or increase my activity to burn more. I really don't want to do either but I think I will try for spending less time on my butt this week. If I end up still gaining, I will have to cut calories next week. I guess this time off from work has negatives too :noway:
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been realizing the same thing - my job is sedentary. I work on the 10th floor and take the stairs twice a day, routed my documents to print at a far away printer, but other than I'm on my butt too. Thinking about a fit bit or some such to motivate movement throughout the day.

Did 3A last night - lower back is saying hello.

Going on a 2 day motorcycle trip out of town this weekend, hotel has a gym , but wondering if my back can take lifting workouts plus 4 hour rides!

Happy belayed Canada day - only 2 more days to go and three day weekend!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I've been realizing the same thing - my job is sedentary. I work on the 10th floor and take the stairs twice a day, routed my documents to print at a far away printer, but other than I'm on my butt too. Thinking about a fit bit or some such to motivate movement throughout the day.

Going on a 2 day motorcycle trip out of town this weekend, hotel has a gym , but wondering if my back can take lifting workouts plus 4 hour rides!

Enjoy your ride!! I will too to pay my respects on Friday to all those that have sacrificed their lives, and those that continue to do so for this country. Plenty of pit stops should take care of your back. I had to buy a ...erm...uhm...bottom/seat gel cushion...lol...it does help a little. I also had the foot pegs adjusted so that I can shift into different positions while riding.
    Live to ride, ride to live!!!:drinker:

We get every other Friday off at work, and since the 4th falls on our off-Friday, we will get from Thursday off!! So today is my virtual Friday! Yayyy!!!
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Enjoy your ride!! I will too to pay my respects on Friday to all those that have sacrificed their lives, and those that continue to do so for this country. Plenty of pit stops should take care of your back. I had to buy a ...erm...uhm...bottom/seat gel cushion...lol...it does help a little. I also had the foot pegs adjusted so that I can shift into different positions while riding.
    Live to ride, ride to live!!!:drinker:

We get every other Friday off at work, and since the 4th falls on our off-Friday, we will get from Thursday off!! So today is my virtual Friday! Yayyy!!!

awesome so you get a 4 day weekend, even better.

beepeejaye - you know what they say, there's two kinds of people in the world: those who ride....and those who wish they could. :smokin:

supposed to be a gorgeous weekend in upstate new york - totally psyched!! enjoy, everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I did a successful fast on Canada Day, so that has spurred me onto my new eating plan for summer:

4 days deficit followed by 1 day maintenance, followed by 4 days deficit, followed by 1 day maintenance, etc.

Hopefully that will move the bodyfat off my body!

Meanwhile, I need a SHAKE-UP at the gym. I think the 3 x weekly is bumming me out because the work-outs just keep stretching WAYYYY longer than 1 hour. So, I am wondering if I should do EVERY WEEKDAY lifting, limiting EACH lifting session to 45-minutes!?!?!?!?

I am going to give this a try, today.

Plus, I start walking with my walking partner TODAY or TOMORROW!

BOOM!

I am now going back to read all you posts!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    So I realized that since school is on summer break, I'm living a pretty sedentary life. Apart from lifting for an hour 3 days a week plus some cardio, I sit on my *kitten* all day. What this means is I will either have to cut calories since I'm not burning as much (according to the scale), or increase my activity to burn more. I really don't want to do either but I think I will try for spending less time on my butt this week. If I end up still gaining, I will have to cut calories next week. I guess this time off from work has negatives too :noway:

I'm in the same boat. I'm not a great housekeeper. So, this summer I've been committing one hour a day for 5 days a week just focusing on housekeeping. I can do anything I want for that hour. I can clear out drawers or I can scrub bathrooms. Whatever. It makes a great light cardio workout and the work is really showing! My house is looking good! It's just 5 hours a week and it's nothing compared to 50+ hours during the school year. I've been good and consistent.

My AMRAPs sucked balls yesterday but my run this morning was pretty bada$$. I felt so good, I tried AMRAPs again. Score.

I ordered Drop 2 Sizes this morning. I'm getting bored with New Rules :indifferent: Standing on one foot mess just got worse as Stage 4 went on. I've even modified the heck out of these workouts so they don't drag on so long and to what I think benefits me the most.

I like P90X but I don't want to commit to 6 days a week :sick: I know lots of folks skip the yoga and just do five... eh.

Also, I posted yesterday that MY HUSBAND COMPLAINED ABOUT MY HEAVYA$$ BARBELL and no one noticed :laugh: It made me feel good :tongue:
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Also, I posted yesterday that MY HUSBAND COMPLAINED ABOUT MY HEAVYA$$ BARBELL and no one noticed :laugh: It made me feel good :tongue:

Good morning :smile:

I noticed I just didn't know what to say. I'm new here & not sure how to jump in. I think its completely awesome and to be honest I'm a bit awe struck. I'm just starting and just did the 2nd workout of stage 1 so I'm just using an empty bar, & I'm a bit nervous about putting some weights on them. My bf has the such big weights on when he works out &I'm trying not to feel imtimidated by them.
    BF paid a nice compliment yesterday, that he like me using his weights, it motivates him to get off his butt & workout too.
    And I found my 3 yr old try to use the swiss ball this morning, he was cute laying on his belly with his feet in the air trying so hard to make it roll, but I had it in his old bouncer seat so it wouldn't go anywhere.
    He also likes to pick up the little dumbbell and tell us he's strong like Hulk Smash.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Hi, Ali! You just jump and act like you've been here for years :laugh:

We usually have good manners and don't resort to yelling. Like I did :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Finished 1.B for the second time. And I didn't pass out. I agree it is probably feeling easier because I was doing too many sets before. Today, I added 10 pounds to every exercise.

I have a question for lunges: Do they need to be stationary or can I lunge across a room? For some reason when I do stationary lunges I get dizzy after about 5.

Ali_momof2, my daughter does that too. She picks up some old barbie weights and tells me she is going to exercise. Little ones are so cute!

Runzalot, I am a crummy housekeeper. I should try the one hour thing. BTW that pie was it a peach pie or apple?
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Kate, it was peach pie and my picky-eater-DH is asking for more :heart: