Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    ...and now a nice FRESH DAILY CHAT THREAD!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yay! :drinker:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Nicely done Beeps!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    :love: Beeps

:bigsmile:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Nice one!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Wow I was only gone a couple days. What happened?

I wanted to respond to Jen about the sleep stuff. I also take melatonin when I can't get my brain to shut off for the night. I get it in the health food store as a supplement. I'd definitely see if you can buy it or mail order it. My sleep dr. also prescribed a new drug called Nuvigil and it is used for shift-work disorder. I prefer to avoid such things, but when diet, rest and exercise fail, they are there to fall back on. If your problems persist, I'd definitely go see a sleep dr. best thing I've done for my health, besides getting to the gym.

I am still resting from 3A1. My hamstrings are still killing me three days later from the dang body weight matrix. I missed my workout last night because of my son's second grade concert. It was so cute. They sang songs about tropical islands. Today was my usual rest day due to hubby's schedule. Back tomorrow for 3B1.

Way to go MissMaggie on the NSV!!

( I hate typos)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my question is: Should I start Stage 5 of NROL4W tomorrow??

As of tomorrow I will have had 7 full days' rest from weight-lifting.

However, if I weight-train tomorrow, the next NORL4W weight-lifting day I can do is Wednesday. (I have a meeting with new personal trainer on Monday, so it won't be NROL4W).

1. If I weight-train tomorrow, then it will be another 5 days until I get back to NROL4W (although I do plan on lifting on Monday, just not NROL4W lifting...); but
    2. If I don't weight-train, then by the time I'm getting back into NROL4W, it will almost have been 2 WEEKS!!

Gack!!

I'm not sure my body can handle anymore cardio - I'm bored of it, already - although I have been doing abs EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK.

So, vote now!! DO I do NROL4W tomorrow - or do I do cardio?? All votes count, but only if you get them in before 7:00 am tomorrow morning (when I'm packing my gym bag...)
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Today I started stage 2. Wow! It is definitely more than stage 1! My hip is really hurting me this afternoon. Yesterday I did 30 day shred, then went for a long walk. I think the walk is what got me. It's weird to me that I can lift heavy, with squats and RDLs, but walking 3 mph for an hour makes my joints hurt.

I'm trying to not think too much about the BF monitor. I used it again this morning, same conditions, and it read 1% higher than yesterday. Nice. We set up my dh to use it, too. This is what really pissed me off. This morning it tells me I'm 29.9%, and my dh, who is REALLY overweight, is 34.9 %. WTH?! I just don't *feel* like I'm nearly 30% bf. Maybe I really am. It's so deflating. Okay. Back to "I'm trying to not think too much about the BFmonitor." LOL! I am really curious how TOM affects it. I'm on my "week before", which is often worse than my actual TOM. Oh yeah. I'm not going to think about it.

So.... How is everybody?
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Beeps-- earlier this week when I wasn't quite ready to start stage 2, I just did my own version of NROL. I picked some of the exercises, mixed and matched, and added some others. It was a nice change, but still hit the same movements.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beeps, LIFT!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Beeps can I ask why you're lifting but not NR? If you're worried about the gap couldn't you change it to a NR workout?

Did stage 2A last night. Because of the two week gap I'm counting that as my first workout.

I'm having intense pain in my right knee when I go past parallel for the push squat. And that's only 15kg! I was getting to parallel but had to stop going further as it felt like my knee would snap. I'm doing it right (confirmed by a PT) so not sure what to do.

I'm also having a horrible time with balance. Any advice would help! Can I put my foot against the wall doing the one point row?
  • jamk1446
    Options
    Beeps- lift! That session with the trainer still counts even if it's not NR.

Jessica- those bf calculators can be inaccurate depending on where you carry your fat stores and whether you are properly hydrated or not. The current number may be disheartening but it may not also be truly accurate. The best thing to do is keep using it, even if it's not "right" you can still use it to track your downward progress.

Lozze- not sure what could be causing your knee pain if your form is right. Unless you are doing something to it during one of the other exercises and it's just making itself known later. Putting you foot against the wall for the one point row sounds like it could help but my advice would be to try to inch away so maybe you only need to touch the wall with your toes or ball of your foot as needed. That way you can still work your core but have the wall for reassurance to complete the set.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Beeps- lift! That session with the trainer still counts even if it's not NR.

Jessica- those bf calculators can be inaccurate depending on where you carry your fat stores and whether you are properly hydrated or not. The current number may be disheartening but it may not also be truly accurate. The best thing to do is keep using it, even if it's not "right" you can still use it to track your downward progress.

Lozze- not sure what could be causing your knee pain if your form is right. Unless you are doing something to it during one of the other exercises and it's just making itself known later. Putting you foot against the wall for the one point row sounds like it could help but my advice would be to try to inch away so maybe you only need to touch the wall with your toes or ball of your foot as needed. That way you can still work your core but have the wall for reassurance to complete the set.

I'm really worried about my knee. Even doing a squat with no weight had the pain.

With the wall my intention is definiy to move away. Want to do it properly!
  • jamk1446
    Options
    Lozze- I'd recommend RICE for your knee then for at least a few days to see if it improves, you're not going to be able to push past something like that. If after a few days of caring for it, it doesn't seem to be improving then you'll know you need a doctor to check it out. It sucks to take time off but you need that knee better.
  • Helgazon
    Helgazon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the injuries!

So... nearly finished Stage 1... I love NROL4W! I have 3 more workouts to go.

I can now do 70lbs lat pulldown and do lunges holding 15lb weights... this is progress...
    and I'm seeing my core muscles get more strength and definition. Still can only shoulder press
    15lb weights (2 dumbells of 15lbs each that is). And I'm scared to deadlift more than the 50lb
    bar, even though I think I probably could, because I'm VERY careful of my lower back.

But it is exciting to see progress! And be able to do real push-ups. (The planks still kill me.)
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

So, vote now!! DO I do NROL4W tomorrow - or do I do cardio?? All votes count, but only if you get them in before 7:00 am tomorrow morning (when I'm packing my gym bag...)

Lift!:bigsmile:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Just a quick Hello before I head to bed and to mark my place among your posts! Busy days getting ready for our Daughter's baby shower. Lots of good scrubbing. Tomorrow is a baking and cooking day but I will start out with a nice walk! The weight lifting session still has me sore so I will have to wait until Monday to get back to it with all the busyness around here. Not Ideal but, well it's going to have to do for now. :grumble:

:flowerforyou: Lozze - hop[e that knee doesn't slow you down much longer.

:flowerforyou: Miss Maggie - Hooray for you results! so fun to actually see the progress!

Hearing about the longer work-outs does make me a little nervous. I hope the kid's work schedule this summer helps me to fit it in a little more easily!

I'll be checking in after the festivities!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Beeps, I say lift too!

Jessica - I gave up on my BFM; it gave me wildly different readings within the space of an hour or so. Then I read that they are notoriously inaccurate. The only way to get an accurate reading is apparently to go and sit in a body pod. Not an option for me, so I'm trying not to see it as important any more. The other thing is to look at those sample pictures for different percentages - probably as accurate as anything else.

Lozze - sorry to hear about the knee; hope it gets better soon.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Someone on the fitness boards just suggested I might be too turned in. Suggested turning my feet out slightly. Did it in the loo at work and it seems that was the issue. See how deadlifts go tomorrow.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Someone on the fitness boards just suggested I might be too turned in. Suggested turning my feet out slightly. Did it in the loo at work and it seems that was the issue. See how deadlifts go tomorrow.

Interesting you should say that - when I saw a PT he told me to angle my feet outwards slightly too.