Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I have no workouts to report.....so i am super tired and that is why. Well, that and my daughter had her bday sleepover last night.

Zzzzzzzzz

I can workout everyday this week. Will start slowly so i don't get too sore too fast.

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    OH, and JUST IN CASE you THINK I have been "slacking" off during my (forced) work sabbatical, here I am at my nephew's wedding two weeks ago - seven lbs too heavy, with a deadlift bruise down my leg!

But, my SPANX, my killer red shoes (and lips!) still made the outfit work!!

BOOM!

imagejpg1_zpsf44b9b86.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Remember ladies, this was what the dress was supposed to look like:

dress_zps87ffaabd.jpg
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Pudding - I guess I'm more focused on working my chest in push ups so the arm position I choose suits me for that. I hate tricep push ups also, have never quite managed to get the form without my lower back having issues.... go with what challenges you, not hurts you IMO

Beeps - dress looks great. You should have done a pose like the model too ;-)

Off for lifting with my Sister who is visiting this weekend.... gotta kick my own butt after a not-even-logged Indian meal last night..... totally over ate and over drank...... will burn it off today
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I can't keep up with this thread.

Regarding push-ups: Lou specifically tells you to do triceps push-ups in NROL4W and I think he mentions that "correct push-ups are done with elbows in" in Supercharged. I remember thinking that I was so weak when I first started. After I completed the program, I realized that triceps push-ups are just a different type and I could actually do really well with regular push-ups! I alternate between regular and triceps now. If I have to do more than 5-10, I just do triceps from the Smith Machine and touch my boobs to the bar. You don't have to be on the ground to get a great workout from them.

Pudding, take it one day at a time- you got this!

JL, the BWM is a torture circuit of lunges, lunge jumps, squats, and squat jumps. It is truly an uncomfortable experience in my opinion!

Beeps, you look so lovely as usual! The fact that you can pull a dress like that off so gracefully shows that you have worked hard to attain that bod!

DouMac, you're inspirational.

Jo, sounds like you enjoyed your time with your sister.

dna, I hope you have fun!

Ack, I know I'm missing others.....

Went to the fair yesterday instead of lifting. Other than some chocolate pecans, I avoided the food and managed to not overeat yesterday. My macros weren't great, but I'm still 31% on protein for the the week. THAT is a huge WIN.

Lifted today. 3 sets of 5 reps of American Hip Thrusts at 205lbs. I think that deserves a BOOM!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I have a huge bruise on my left shin from dls. Did you know in the competition you are allowed to wear shin guards????

Wear that bruise proudly....
    Shin guards? Why have I not heard of this before?
    You're going to educate us all through this power lifting meet experience, Pmag!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options

So I need to find a way to increase my activity because eating low calorie is NOT working out. I'm getting headaches and that can't be good. Need to figure this out, quickly.

I have this problem too when I get too low on cals. Maybe you can find your happy medium of a few more cals and a little more walking.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options

Today was 4A2. I added 10 pounds to the bar for the FSPP and, um, what a difference 10 pounds make! I was able to get the bar up during the first set of 8 reps but the second two sets I could only get to 6 before I knew I better not try this or else I'm going to drop this bar on my head! So, I might stick with 55 next Wednesday or go down to 50 since my gym has 2.5 pound plates.

55lbs is a VERY respectable weight for FSPP. Way to go!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    I posted a challenge thread. I think it will be easier to keep the challenge separate since we have so many of us on the Daily Chat Thread!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Lifting done.
    This thread is crazy - I can't keep up with it.

Beeps you rock that dress. I can't see the bruises.

Bb your hip thrusts are are astronomical. I will keep plugging away to try and catch you but it is looking unlikely.

The shin guards are no joke. I need all my blood in my body.

Tomorrow I am off from work- the only day in a 12 day stretch. So I am planning a short swim bike combo.
    I have some errands.
    I will help at kids soccer practice in the evening for a mini triathalon.

Only if I get some sleep tonight.

Have a good Monday everyone
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. I went horse riding on Saturday and had quite a bad fall. Nothing broken, just badly bruised and walking hurts. On top of that I seem to have caught a flu or something so I am spending the day curled up on the couch and not going anywhere near the gym. Hopefully tomorrow I will be up to lifting but if I don't feel able for it then I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

Pudding, you are doing great. I am fully sure you can make it to the 21 days and form a new habit that doesn't involve binging. Just keep reminding yourself why you want to do this.

i also used a chair for front squats because I sucked at them. I actually gave up trying to do the FSPP because my form on the squat was so poor that I decided to focus on that and the do the push press separately.

pmag, shin guards are a great idea. I bruise so easily anyway so scraping a heavy bar up and down my shins does not help. The one nice thing about not doing dl's for so long in NROLFW was that it gave my shins a chance to heal!

dna, how was TEDx? I'm so glad that you got to go. I hope the inlaws weren't too painful!

Beeps, you look amazing in that dress!! wowzers!

I also have difficulty with setting my calorie allowance. I need to lose some weight so I have it set to lost half a lbs per week but even at that I am starving and cannot stick to it. It would be ok if I was getting more cardio in but I have been very lazy lately. As soon as I recover from this flu I am going for a run!
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    I am wondering.... if starting this program, and I already lift.... is it still best to start "at the very beginning"?

I don't want to lose muscle mass lifting lighter, while waiting to get back up to the lower count/higher weight reps.
    My current lifting schedule is 3 sets of 8 reps on machines... but I want to move onto the weight room floor.
    I also run several times a week too.

Best to start at the top, or should I pick up somewhere in the middle?

Anyone else started off from a similar place?
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Ellie start at the beginning but pick the appropriate weight for you. Read the whole book but start the first workout with appropriately heavy weight. You won't lose muscle if you stick with it and increase appropriately.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Dou please rest- I think falling off a horse is a reason not an excuse to have a rest day
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Hello All!
    I am wondering.... if starting this program, and I already lift.... is it still best to start "at the very beginning"?

I don't want to lose muscle mass lifting lighter, while waiting to get back up to the lower count/higher weight reps.
    My current lifting schedule is 3 sets of 8 reps on machines... but I want to move onto the weight room floor.
    I also run several times a week too.

Best to start at the top, or should I pick up somewhere in the middle?

Anyone else started off from a similar place?

You definitely will not lose muscle doing 15 reps- that's at the high end of the "hypertrophy" range. You will find that free weights work your muscles completely differently than machines. Start from the beginning, but you will probably need to start with more weight than a complete beginner. Make sure to read and watch plenty of videos on form. Welcome!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    DouMac, rest up! Any fall from a horse is a bad one.

Pmag, it sounds like you've got a busy next couple of weeks. I hope you can find some time for yourself in there somewhere.

I will lift again today. I got off schedule last week. I'm running on little sleep, but I think I can make it work.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DouMac, yikes! I agree that that's a reason to give yourself a break from lifting for a while. That sounds really scary!

I agree that starting at the beginning of NROLFW is beneficial for anyone. I was nowhere near a beginner lifter but still started with stage 1 and still saw results. Like others said, just start with appropriate (likely heavier) weights. Enjoy!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I'm ok. it was only scary for the couple of seconds it took to mentally scan my body to make sure nothing was seriously injured before struggling to climb back up on the horse (not easy when one half of your body is aching!). I'm just a little bit stiff now but it has eased off a lot. I'll get back to lifting when I get back to lifting. I'm not going to stress about it.

I agree that starting at the beginning would be beneficial for everyone, regardless of whether not or they had lifted before. I'm fairly certain that if I went back and did it now, but with heavier weights, it would still be very challenging.
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for the feedback all.
    I've read the book through, but will ready it again this week and start next week.

Have to figure out where to start weight-wise... never have done 15 reps ever... i usually go heavier for less reps, so will be interesting to see how this 15 rep sets go for me... and what i can lift for that many!

Excited.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! Happy Monday! I did 4B2 today. I repeated the 3x8 deads with 125. I'm thinking 135 on Friday. Since I'm supposed to be lifting at a deficit, I'll put 10 pounds on either side of the bar. I'm excited about this!
    Lifted today. 3 sets of 5 reps of American Hip Thrusts at 205lbs. I think that deserves a BOOM!

That deserves a TRIPLE BOOM! Good gracious, that's awesome! You're bomb!

Dou, I'm sorry about the fall and the flu. I hope you can get some rest and feel better quickly!

Jamaica, I'm with you on eating lower calories. It makes me feel sluggish and makes me mean. LOL I'm still working on trying to get my protein intake right myself. I would join that waist challenge but my tape measure hasn't gone anywhere since I restarted NROL4W in the summer so I'm afraid that I wouldn't finish it. :\