Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking for a while, but I started NROL4W a couple weeks ago. I have been really focusing on getting used to Stage 1 Workouts A and B. This week, I finally moved from the first step (2 sets of 15) to the next step. I deadlifted 60 pounds! And I did the lunges with the 45 pound bar (don't know what it is really called). I have never felt so proud of myself in the gym and I had to share with others. :)
    Great job! WTG!! So empowering!!

DNA-sorry you're feeling crummy...hope the rest helps!

Manic & sue-sorry about your shoulders. Hope you both feel better quickly!

Bb-good job on the workout! :)

Pmag- :smiley: laugh at your muscles sliding off your legs! I'm sure you're doing great!

I took today off-gasp! First regularly scheduled workout I've missed in months. I felt like junk at the end of my last workout on Monday, didn't finish the BWM, and am so busy today that I'm taking a day off. I'll finish stage 3 tomorrow and then start stage 4 on Sat. Or most likely Monday :). All good.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey I found you guys again! I assume all the changes will make sense eventually, but I'm lost in here right now.

So we didn't get a single elk on our hunt :'( Some serious tests of endurance hiking up and down mountains all day, tho, and we had a really good time!

Started Stage 4 this week, it's been a lot easier to adjust to since all I have to do is edit my stage 2 workout a little bit (I use an app called JEFIT that tracks all my workouts and rest times, etc., and it's a pain to build a whole new workout in there every time). Only drawback is I'm back to the same old issue of barely being able to hang on the the stinkin' dumbbells :\ Guess I'll be modifying again!

I feel like I've been gone too long to say hello to everyone, but you are all smashing it! <3
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options

I just don't like that even when i bookmark, i still have to scroll through my groups and then click on this group, and then find the thread!

But, yes, you lifting ladies are awesome!

Tomorrow i will walk....three days of weights leaves me with a totally sore *kitten*.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm so freaking confused too lol
    But I was determined to find you lot because I was suffering serious withdrawals B)

aaawww we don't have as many emoticons to choose from, but we can add pics. That's pretty cool.

Feeling better today, but still not quite right.

I have a couple of things to mention - lunges suck and bench press sucks. But tomorrow is deadlift day, and that's aaalllll gooood.

Still working my way through Supercharged and setting up my first few workouts. Lots of thinking and choosing to do! I want to go buy a few more things for the gym too, time for a minor update I think.

I'm just happy to have forums back, even if I have to go searching for this thread ;)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    What the hell is this new forum stuff. Thanks to Manic for posting the link to someones forum question or never would have found you all again.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Copy and paste the current URL to your page or in an email/message for safe keeping. At least the Groups button is finally showing under community because it was not an hour ago.

Tired as all get out. I actually made it to the gym last night and just went slow and steady. My back squat was 95lbs. I did the first two sets without the bar pad, but my form was off and it hurt like hell. I just don't have enough muscle on my traps and I get bruises too easily.

I'm heading to zumba tonight. I actually had some energy today. I came home and didn't fall into bed, and had some energy to get some chores done. YAY!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Dang, last night I couldn't reply and today I couldn't find this thread. I see I am not alone!

dna, I hope you like Supercharged as much as I did!
    Elsie, how disappointing. Sounds like fun though!

Julie, sometimes we just gotta listen to our bodies.

Busy week. I'll lift tomorrow and Saturday. Today was a very active rest day.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello again all- I finally bagged my phone and logged in from a computer
    - I was feeling pretty bitter all day so I drank too much wine tonight.
    - I biked o work uphill with lots of books in my saddle bags. It took longer than usual and I was late.
    - I had a pretty good day- easy work, then biked home and went to my younger daughter's soccer practice - I got to be the ref for the scrimmage and so I ran around even more than usual.
    - It is a little bizarre that they have drills teaching them to be aggressive....

My strength training is going ok. I maxed out on squats at 145(wimpy I know I can do 200). Just my trainer wants me to train more (pay more for training) and I train quite enough thank you. I will have to cut back on the cardio closer to the competition. I did pay to be a member of the USpowerlifting association. I feel much more official now.

So my trainer is planning a mock meet to prepare - I am just hoping to scare up the guts to wear the singlet in public.

I am equally mad at mpf for ruining my online life.

Supercharged was awesome - I was just tired of planning everything
    bb and beeps glad you found the thread
    Its good to hear from everyone
    -
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Anyone think I can bench 90lbs at the meet?
  • dnamouse
    Options

Just imagine you're benching me... ;) You can do it! :D

At least the bar wouldn't giggle and squirm LOL
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    Only drawback is I'm back to the same old issue of barely being able to hang on the the stinkin' dumbbells :\ Guess I'll be modifying again!
    <3

I hope I didn't screw up the quote, I don't like this new forum crap
    Your issue not holding on to the Dumbbells, is that your grip you're having hard time with? If so I got straps for my wrists that make a world of difference. I believe they are mentioned in the book.

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    dnamouse wrote: »

Just imagine you're benching me... ;) You can do it! :D

At least the bar wouldn't giggle and squirm LOL

Haha I love it! this made me laugh, I just pictured Pmag bench pressing you :D
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Far out, that's an epic bench Pmag! How do you do it? I have really not progressed at all with bench :(

Still hating the new forums here. Maybe I will be swayed if I ever figure out how to post pics. For now, it remains shite.

Yesterday I went to step athletic - was pretty fun. It's a new class at my gym and is less dance and more plyometric (think jump squats and burpees). I'm not very coordinated yet but I hope to give it another go. It's a school night though which are always hard to get to out of school hols. Starting Monday I go on 4 weeks placement (full time shifts). I have 6 assignments due in the next 7 weeks. 2 weeks I will be away from home on rural placement. Roll on end of November when study will be DONE. For now, I drink wine (missing my drinker emoticon).

Lift on ladies!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Elsie, it looks like Ali responded to your issue with the grip. I have the same issue. I will hold onto the dumbbells until my hands/forearms can't take any more then I pull out my lifting hooks (does just about the same as the straps). I only use the hooks, though, for the moves that are focused on my legs (so, lunges, Bulgarian squats, etc.). If it's a move that benefits my arms or back mostly, I don't use them.

Benching 90 pounds? Wowza. You are a strong woman. LOL @ you seeing right through your trainer's attempts to pay for more training.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    From what I’ve seen on the feedback page, the bookmarks are only working in the regular forums and not in the groups right now…

dna – I always love getting new gym stuff, it seems to revitalize things a bit B)

samntha – I used to have a hard time with the bar on my back, but it’s gotten significantly better as I’ve gone through the program, I don’t even really notice much discomfort anymore. Does your gym have anything besides just the pad? We’ve got this thing that kind of cups your shoulders & disperses the weight a little more, I dno how to describe it, here’s a link
    bodybuilding.com/store/adfit/manta.html?MCID=CG-PLA-US&CAWELAID=120147270000064193&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120147270000095636&cadevice=c

pmagnan – woo so official now! That’ll be nice to have a mock meet, get you used to having a little more pressure than just doing your thing in the gym. 90 bench sounds awesome!

ali – I’ve seen the straps before, I need to break down & buy some. I’ve just been stubborn and putting it off because I feel like my arms should adjust to it eventually… although I guess don’t want to just have beastly forearms in comparison to the rest of my body either lol

jo – Cheers!

love – I have this image in my head of using captain hook style hooks to lift my dumbbells with, it’s pretty badass >:)

Loving stage 4 right now, stage 3 must have done something because I feel way stronger doing the S4 workouts than I did in S2. My little girl and I are taking a long weekend and driving over to see my folks tonight, always an adventure taking an 8 hour drive with a 2 year old – hopefully she’ll sleep lots!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    It is so stupid that there is no notifiations even within the "group" setting. Thank gawd for a little yellow star.

Also, i HATE having to scroll back up to the top once i have clicked "reply".

Also, holy shyte if you bench 90 lbs pmag! That, to me, is seriously STrONG.

Also, no lifting for me today. The end.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    aggh, I hate this new set up. I hate that I have to click into groups and then click into this group and then scroll down to see if there is any activity. I have other groups that I chat in too so I find that I am just not bothering to check. I hope they are planning on fixing this.

I haven't done any exercise this week. I still feel sick and my hip still hurts from my fall so I have decided to just accept it as a week off. Its annoying because I am so close to finishing NROFLW and I want to get started on supercharged! :angry:

pmag: wow, 90lbs bench is amazing!

elsie, i got the same image of captain hook picking up dumbbells! :lol: (I tried to do a laughing smiley and instead of an option for 'laugh' it gave me an option for 'lol'. Would it be overly pedantic of me to inform mfp that lol is not actually a word!)

good luck with the long drive elsie, I don't envy you!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!! Adjusting to the changes here...at least I found you all! I think when it's time to post a pic I'll like it better? Maybe?

Pmag-practice meet is great! BP90? Sure! You go girl!, you can do it!!
    I thought the same album young girls soccer-taught my dd to share the toys and balls then I want her to chase some kid down and take the ball away? She didn't transition well :).

Elsie-sounds like a fun weekend, glad to hear stage 4 is good, I start it Saturday. I didn't feel like I accomplished much in stage 3... But hopefully I'll see improvement in stage 4?!

Love-you like the hooks? I haven't needed any help yet, but hopefully I'll be upping weights more soon. Good to know.

Ali-the straps are popular at my gym. They work well for you? I'll keep that in mind too.

Jo-wow, busy season!! Hang in there!! You'll make it through! New class sounds good. Hard but worth it.

Bb-lol at active rest days, that's how I felt! Lol!

Sam-you were tired and still worked out? Good job! Glad you're up for Zumba! I missed mine this week :(.

Finished stage 3 today! Woohoo! I hope to start stage 4 Saturday, but won't kill myself If I can't get to the gym. I'd like to though. I'm still not all that sure what stage 3 accomplished? I think the single leg squats weren't all that beneficial to me, and I modified the hip flexion, cobra and planks to get more ab work in. Ready for 4!!
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Finished NROL4W!! Woot!

Legs tired, arms tired, gonna rest lots this weekend :smiley:

Supercharged next week (if I ever finish filling out the workout sheet lol I'm halfway through :p

Be back later, time to get the kids to school. Better make sure they have stuff in their lunchboxes too I spose ;)
  • samntha14
    Options
    lol DNA. too funny. I was talking to my friend in Aus the other day. She was having her morning coffee and I was drinking my bedtime tea :smile:

Zumba was decent last night. I get to eat pasta on zumba nights :smiley: (The emotis aren't very many, but effective.) Today was a "not home until 7:30" kinda day. My kids aren't even in sports or activities. What the hell would my life be like and how freaking exhausted would I be if they were. I no longer feel bad about it.

Pm I KNOW you can pull a 90BP no problem. If I can 70 I KNOW you can do 90, especialy when your DL and squat are kicking my booty. One of the girls at work started doing crossfit and pulling some serious weight after only a couple months. I'm kinda jealous and I want my big weights back :( My squat PR was only 150 and that was a year ago.