Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    oooohhhh! TMI I know, but TOM finally turned up today! (oh look I can click a button for bold text, cool)

PCOS can kiss my backside. Stupid body, it likes to mess with my brain. Hopefully this means everything will be back on an even kilter for at least a little while.

Although, I've had the perimenopause word mentioned several times now as a possibility... again, stupid body ;) I'll go for tests etc when I can be bothered.

Oh dear. I'm procrastinating again. Must get orders packaged and visit the shop to drop off more consignment stock and then I can have a lunch and quietly read a book :smiley:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I planned to lift tonight(after work, kids gymnastics, & running errands). But I'm too beat. It rarely happens that I feel THIS tired. Tomorrow I'm hosting a shower at my house. Not sure when I will get to the gym.

Sounds like I'm not the only busy mom right now. You ladies are amazing!

Pmag, you're incredible.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have not done 90 lb Bp but that's my goal - I am working at 70now
    - But the support on this thread is incredible and I appreciate everyone.

Tomorrow is a rest day.

I was so tired today. I ate a huge lunch . And I drove almost four hours for work - that is way too much sitting time.

Everyone sounds good- keep up the good work.
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats dna!

I have a newbie question--I decided to check supercharged out from the library, just to see what it is all about. However as I start reading it, I am wondering if I should switch over rather than starting NROL4W. He makes it almost sound like the older books are out of date already? Has anyone else felt like this as they read through supercharged?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    So I'm not sure if I like this new layout or not. I kept waiting for "my discussions" to be populated! :\

dna CONGRATS!! Finishing is such an awesome feeling isn't it?

SNB, it might be old and they might promote a newer "better" process or exercise or whatever, the NROL4W is no joke - you WILL get strong doing it! Remember too that they want people to buy the newer books too. That's not saying Supercharged isn't a great book, but don't discount NROL4W, it's a great program too.

Pmag, I bet you can! Each of us can probably lift 20# or more than we actually try - even if only for 1 rep. Try it!

For all of you struggling with grip strength, I get that you want to increase, but check out Versa Gripps. I know you can't use them if you're going to get ready for meets, but I know I'm not going to do that and I want to lift as much weight as I can. And even using these, my grip strength improved. They make a huge difference, especially for big weight pulls, like all my deads etc.

Sam, I'm with you. I haven't been in the gym for 3 weeks and won't be able to until this trial is over. :'( I feel like all my hard work is being flushed down the drain and I MISS moving the weights around!

So I move Monday afternoon to Cambridge MA (anyone live in that area??). Trial starts on the 20th, and baring a settlement, runs thru December 5th. At trial, my work days are generally like this - up between 5-6 AM, Court from 9:30-1:00ish, prep for the next day until it's done, usually between 11PM-2AM, depending on the witness(es). While I love trial work, it's exhilarating to be under the gun and know you have the ability to help make a really professional presentation, it's also extremely stressful and totally exhausting work! Please keep your fingers crossed for an early settlement!

Happy Friday!!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Congrats dna!

I have a newbie question--I decided to check supercharged out from the library, just to see what it is all about. However as I start reading it, I am wondering if I should switch over rather than starting NROL4W. He makes it almost sound like the older books are out of date already? Has anyone else felt like this as they read through supercharged?

I definitely think NROL4W is a great place to start. It's not out of date at all, they just have different ideas to some components of supercharged. NROL4W is a great way to get familiar with weight training and achieve results
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Thanks sue and Jo! It makes a lot of sense that they'd want to promote the newest one as the best to encourage previous readers to buy another book. :smile: I am still on stage one and loving it.

Sue-- I went to the website for the grips (I think I know what I'm going to ask for for Christmas!) but I had to laugh at the size of weights they had the female models holding. I think they were 5 pds. :smiley:

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    suelegal wrote: »
    So I'm not sure if I like this new layout or not. I kept waiting for "my discussions" to be populated! :\

dna CONGRATS!! Finishing is such an awesome feeling isn't it?

SNB, it might be old and they might promote a newer "better" process or exercise or whatever, the NROL4W is no joke - you WILL get strong doing it! Remember too that they want people to buy the newer books too. That's not saying Supercharged isn't a great book, but don't discount NROL4W, it's a great program too.

Pmag, I bet you can! Each of us can probably lift 20# or more than we actually try - even if only for 1 rep. Try it!

For all of you struggling with grip strength, I get that you want to increase, but check out Versa Gripps. I know you can't use them if you're going to get ready for meets, but I know I'm not going to do that and I want to lift as much weight as I can. And even using these, my grip strength improved. They make a huge difference, especially for big weight pulls, like all my deads etc.

Sam, I'm with you. I haven't been in the gym for 3 weeks and won't be able to until this trial is over. :'( I feel like all my hard work is being flushed down the drain and I MISS moving the weights around!

So I move Monday afternoon to Cambridge MA (anyone live in that area??). Trial starts on the 20th, and baring a settlement, runs thru December 5th. At trial, my work days are generally like this - up between 5-6 AM, Court from 9:30-1:00ish, prep for the next day until it's done, usually between 11PM-2AM, depending on the witness(es). While I love trial work, it's exhilarating to be under the gun and know you have the ability to help make a really professional presentation, it's also extremely stressful and totally exhausting work! Please keep your fingers crossed for an early settlement!

Happy Friday!!
    Sounds like a daunting task ahead! I'm sorry it's keeping you out of the gym though :( I'd be bummed too! Hope you get to settle and come home early! I don't really understand what all you're doing (are you a lawyer, or involved in the lawsuit? Sorry! I'm sure I missed something). I hope things are resolved and you're able to get back to "normal" life shortly! And I'll look into those too! Thanks!

DNA-woohoo! Congratulations! WTG! Enjoy a little rest! What are your thoughts, progress, summary of the whole program now that you're through? ;)

PM-you're inspiring! Even registering for a competition seems unachievable to me. You're rocking it!

Sam- ha at pasta night after Zumba! Love it! And I agree, it's getting a bit too crazy lately, running around, trying to fit it all in! I've been trying to simplify our lives, but not achieving much success! Lol!

Bb-I hear you on the busy schedule! Hope the show goes well and you can squeeze a workout in there. I feel better mentally of I can lift :smiley: .

I did weight, measurements, BF caliper and scale, and progress pics. Measurements mostly the same this week, lost about 0.25" on waist and belly button. I seem to have gained 0.4 lbs this week, and am up over a lb from the last stage. I'm down BF% and according to my calculations (which are what they are, I like to think I err on the conservative side) it appears that since 9/19 I've gained 3.6 lbs of muscle and lost 2.4 lbs of fat. I'll take it! But, I seem to be in a bulk phase, not the recomp I was shooting for. I really do have too much fat left and want to work on getting rid of it.

I also see good improvement in my back and shoulders from stage 3, but feel like I've lost some improvement in my legs and core. (Going on the pics and now I feel). I put some pics in my profile.

On to stage 4!! I miss old school lifts like DLs and squats...at least in stage 4 I get a bit of that back :).
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completion, dna! BOOM!

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian women!

I lifted today. Also wanted to walk this aft....the weather is beautiful....but i am tired. So, i am posting, instead, lol!
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    I am off to the Les Mills new release event at my gym this morning - 2 hours of Step, Pump, Attack and Combat. I am going to be exhausted!! Lol. I was going to type a long reply but just looked at the time - I'm going to be late if I don't get a move on. Chat later ladies xxx
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I am eager to get out of work & go home & lift today. I missed my Wednesday lifting due to a teacher meeting & couldn't last night since if was my BF's workout night. But My oldest is doing really well in his new school and we're just waiting to hear but from the gifted program. Wednesday was also my nephew's birthday. I came home to pizza, ice cream cake, fresh baked cookies and tons of doritos, and I didn't touch any of it :D I don't know what got into my sister to have so much, we didn't have that many kids there, but I'm glad I told her to go ahead and feed them before I got home. I'm still ignoring the leftovers, but that ice cream cake calls to me ever time I open the freezer. This weekend the kids are having a sleepover for my nephew's birthday ( lucky kid getting double party) so I'll have 3 11 yr old boys & a 3 yr old running around lol good times :'(

Dna congrats on finishing, that is awesome !!!! ( glad TOM showed too ;) )

Sue, I hope you get a settlement, that sounds like a lot of work and no fun. And thanks for the tip on the versa grips, I've been using harbingers but that is definetley one to look more into.

Julie, good job finishing stage 3 your muscle gain is great. I should have taken all these measurements when I started but it didn't occur to me. I do like stage 4 better, it feels like I'm back to lifting heavy weights again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians, enjoy your holiday & eat yummy stuff. You're allowed to cheat on Holidays.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I am at the halfway point in stage 1. It is really hard to believe that I am doing things like squats with 70 lbs. Before reading this book, I would have been doing body weight squats forever and convinced that was all I could do.

Ali--good luck with the birthday parties. My niece ended up having two parties as well. :smile:

Julie--congrats on completing stage 3.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Versa grips, adding to my Christmas list. Thanks!

DNA, congrats on finishing NROLFW!

21 days binge free today. Three whole weeks. I can't believe it. I am going to totally enjoy our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend - eat the food and dessert, and drink the wine - but no bingeing. Wow.

Can I ask a quick Supercharged question? I am on Basic Training 2 and when 2-4 sets are called for, I'm wondering what most of you have done/are doing.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nice work pudding enjoy thanksgiving
    Congrats on finishing DNA.
    Hang in there sue. Hope your work takes you to oregon someday.
    I took the day off from exercise. Of course I worked my butt off at work but that is just activity.

I will lift tomorrow
  • jo_marnes
    Options

Can I ask a quick Supercharged question? I am on Basic Training 2 and when 2-4 sets are called for, I'm wondering what most of you have done/are doing.

I always do the max unless pushed for time.

Did my 2 hour cardio blitz today - and bought Ben & Jerrys to compensate. The inlaws are doing my head in today - I will be an alcoholic before the week is out
  • snbouchard81
    Options
    Sorry jo. It can be hard with in-laws. Best of luck getting through the week with your sanity intact.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Everybody is so busy I don't know where to start. I feel awful just talking about me all the time. I really want to contribute to what is happening with each of you.
    Hooray for no binging!!
    Hooray for power lifting meets, you got this.
    Boo Sue!! Trial sound awful, I know you will get it back quick once you are able to devote the time again.
    Manic, cowgirl What's up with you all?
    Welcome newbies!! NROL4W is a fabulous place to start and they have a reboot in the works. I like Supercharged. I miss being a newbie, that newbie effect with lifting was a thing of beauty. Now I have to fight for even the smallest progress :(

No gym last night because I had no brakes in my car. Hubby fixed it this morning because eh is awful. I then had a PD webinar for most of the day, and tonight I'm using money saved on fixing my car to take all my guys to the movies. Box Trolls here we come. Turns out I was falling on my face exhausted last week because I was ovulating. It's being a woman awesome!
    HAppy lifting ladies.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sam-hope the movie was fun! Glad your brakes are fixed too!

Jo-Ben and Jerry are a great comfort in a trying time. After all that cardio you earned it. I love combat!!

Snb-you're doing great! Weight lifting is so addictive!

Ali-enjoy your fun filled party weekend!!!

I know I'm forgetting some of you. Sorry!!

I started stage 4 this morning. I liked it SO.MUCH.BETTER than stage 3!!! Woot woot! Happy to be doing it. I feel great, energized and raring to go! Not sure why...I was beat earlier this week from lifting? I hope whatever this is it sticks around!

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wow, getting used to this new forum look is gonna take me some time.

Everyone here is so busy! Its so good to know that even with all the things you ladies have to do, you still find time to fit in a workout here and there. How awesome!

pudding, re: your Supercharged question, I did 3 sets, because of time issues, and because I'm lazy too I guess :p

So I finished Hyp II in supercharged today and will be on a 1 week break from exercise and diet this coming week. I'll attempt to eat at maintenance for 2 weeks. So that's 1 week of no diet and no exercise, and 1 week of no diet but starting Hyp III.

I am EXHAUSTED. I can barely keep my eyes open to type this. Tomorrow I have my weigh in and I'll be able to evaluate how Hyp II treated me measurements wise. Will report in then. Talk to you ladies soon!

Oh wait, I wanted to say that I maintained my protein at about 26% of calories this week. Was really trying for 27 but had too many "cheat meals". Hopefully next time around.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sorry about the over-excitedness re TOM lol
    It just meant that I knew what was wrong ;) all good now!

I have an updated back photo. Actually wearing clothes this time lol
    Shall go do my measurements too shortly, just need to remember where I put my tape measure...

Jo, best of luck getting through the week. The Husband was blathering on this morning about something to do with his parents and our trip to Wet 'n Wild next week (AFL season trip for the kids). When I looked at him blankly and asked what they had to do with it, apparently they were coming too. Typing cannot produce the words I wanted to say at that moment in time. And he wonders why I get cranky sometimes... and I got a little annoyed because it's our yearly trip, not theirs. It's hard enough trying to wrangle 2 kids around the park without having to worry about the IL's as well. If they want to move back to the farm 7 hours away next year, that's their own freaking fault if they've suddenly realised they haven't spent enough time with our children over the last ELEVEN years.

Oops. Sorry. Hi-jacked your vent :blush:

Suffice to say, I think I commiserate with you ;)

Yeah, okay. Scrolling up and down to try and read stuff is making my eyes hurt lol

Going to ease my way into Supercharged this week and see how much it tries to kill me by itself before I work out what sort of cardio I want to put with it. Running session scheduled for Monday afternoon though, only light because it's beginner training for my walking buddy :smile: