Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm with Birdy. Take note of the scale if you must but otherwise work hard, eat well, measure and especially take pictures. The rest will follow in time. And get psyched about how strong you are all getting!!! And the loss of the dreaded jiggle...
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have completely fallen off the diet wagon. :sad:

Sigh.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Feeling so confused on the whole macro's this, eat your TDDE that. I have a fitbit and I eat the calories it tells me as it adjusts my mfp daily because I burn an extra 300 cals every day as it is. This puts me to eating around 1700 anyways which was what the spreadsheet told me to do when I calculated it from another post that I saw. I feel like if I do this and then track my workouts I should be fine, I mean the fitbit is getting me my TDDE. I wish this was easier.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm with Birdy. Take note of the scale if you must but otherwise work hard, eat well, measure and especially take pictures. The rest will follow in time. And get psyched about how strong you are all getting!!! And the loss of the dreaded jiggle...
    This is great advice! I get a 2-3 lb flux, but I can step on the sale and say, "yup that's water." I know because on my rest weeks, it ALL drains and it gives me a good idea of where I REALLY am.

I felt so strong at the gym last night. Kicking butt and taking names. I haven't reached my goal weight yet, but I have definitely achieved the goals of healthier, fitter, and having more energy. Now I think i need to reevaluate my goals and finish cleaning up my diet.

Keep lifting ladies!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6WIbx8ysE&feature=fvwrel
    I ran intervals to this song last night on repeat. It is awesome!!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options

This is my first post in the chat thread, but i couldn't resist. Love the 80s synth pop. It was the cheesiest, most awesome decade ever!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options

This is my first post in the chat thread, but i couldn't resist. Love the 80s synth pop. It was the cheesiest, most awesome decade ever!

I KNEW I liked this group of chicks! Heck to the YEAH! I run/interval to a shuffle of 'Awesome 80's Cardio' (ipod album), LMFAO, RockStar INXS, and my fav couple of running songs, including "Rock Me Amadeus', 'Sail' (Awolnation), Johnny Cash & Social Distortion's 'Ring of Fire', Florence and the Machine, 'Shake it Out' and 'Bring it Own Home'.. lol.. Heck, if I am almost finished and 'Rock Me Amadeus' comes on, I do another few minutes just to finish out the song...
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have completely fallen off the diet wagon. :sad:

Sigh.

How can you fall off the diet wagon when you aren't suppose to be on the DIET wagon? :wink:

don't worry. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

this is what I like to listen to while lifting weights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4xwmZ6zi4
  • Lysandra81
    Lysandra81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haven't been lifting in almost a week - my current shift is killing me physically and psychologically. I am just doing a desk job but working from 3pm to 2am is horrible. Especially if you see everyone around you leaving in little groups until 10pm - and then you are amongst the last handful of people in the office. Unfortunately I will have to live with it for a loooooong time. But I am going to workout today!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

this is what I like to listen to while lifting weights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4xwmZ6zi4

Hah! Stealing this one.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WTG Sam!!

Music is awesome for pushing me on those speed runs. I've learned NOT to watch Lost during my lifting sessions, but some classic rock gets me pumped.

Lysandra - Ugh... that's an awful schedule! Good for you for working out.

Jessica - agreeing with Manic... THERE IS NO WAGON! LOL You can do it girl. Start now.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Definitely not doing any exercises this week. Can put weight on the knee but it's still very tender. Looking forward to the run on the weekend!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sleep is killing me (or the lack of anyway). I have to be in bed by 9:00 if I'm going to get up by 5:00 and this has been so hard lately. Kids are in bed by 8:30 so after that is my only time for my down time. Plus the baby has not been going to bed well, so he's usually up til 9:00 or later. Going to try to get my lifting done at lunch, but our gym at work only has dumbbells and Nautilus machines, so not sure I can get it all in.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    Please don't KILL ME for this post....

If I can get through these next few days, on a lower-calorie plan, while zig-zagging, there might be some hope.

I am COMPLETELY bummed because, one of the things that is happening is the calendar months are turning over - and the results are harder and harder to come by.

:(

When I started on NROL4W, there was a thread that showed this woman's body, which was in decent shape - and then it showed her body after 6 months of WEIGHT-TRAINING ONLY (i.e. no cardio) - and her body was in REALLY good shape.

So, that's why I started NROL4W - I thought: "in 6 months, I am going to have a body like that...."

Well, I'm nearing the end of month 5. And, my body *is* better, but it is NOT nearly as developed as I had pictured in my head. So, I'm depressed about that. It is obviously "my fault", so I accept all blame. But, in month 2, I wasn't so hard on myself - I kept thinking, "...the finish line is still 4 months away..." Same with month 3.

In month 4, I started to get REALLY worried, which is when I started thinking about this 10-week challenge. And now, in month 5, just about FULL-BLOWN PANIC is setting in.

I am *so* bummed that I'm not gonna "look like that" by the end of June. SO BUMMED.

Is *anyone* else feeling like this??

PS - I *realize* this is a lifestyle change, so whether I get there at the end of June, 2012 or whether I get there at the end of June, 2013, shouldn't matter. But, for this minute in time, IT IS MATTERING.

PPS - please give me the name of one pill that actually WILL curb my evening appetite. That's the *quick fix* that I'm looking for, today, and would be grateful for any private message in this regard....
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    As for the "love of 80's music", please add me to the list.

On my current playlist are: "Run Run Away" (Slade), "Crazy Train" (Ozzy Ozbourne), "Take on Me" (A-Ha), "Girls with Guns" (Tommy Shaw), "Jump - for my love" (The Pointer Sisters), "New Sensation" (INXS), and probably 20 others.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I'm so tired. So, so tired. I'm going to attempt to conjure up enough energy to do some cardio or HIIT. It's tempting to lift; I SO want to get past stage 2. However, I know if I don't wait 72 hours I will be wiped out tomorrow. Still....

I'm also attempting to get back on track with my eating today. Wish me luck. :-P
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Regarding workout music: I've been listening to Maroon 5. I think I need to find something new today.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Beep-- I get you. I'm so frustrated. Mostly with myself, but also just in general. I know I have been eating horribly lately, but after not seeing progress for so long, I just feel like giving up. I'm not giving up, but I'm definitely struggling. I really wanted to see more changes than this. I started this journey Dec 30. I'm only about 2.5 pounds less. Body fat has changed minimally. Measurements have stalled for the past six weeks. It's all very discouraging.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Regarding workout music: I've been listening to Maroon 5. I think I need to find something new today.

Maroon 5 is definitely on my iphone for workouts. For a similarly upbeat album, try Foster the People's Torches. Great album to workout to. Also, Florence and the Machine's Ceremonials. It's a little more arty, but there are some great tracks.