Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Body Media for $99 from Amazon BUT only ended up paying $63. I do Swagbucks (website that pays to use their search engine and such) and by doing that I earn Amazon gift cards. I had $36 saved up after buying Melatonin and dish detergent. :smile:

I'm excited and can't wait to get it.

Thanks Dandelion for the information.

That's a great deal! I have had my BMF for almost 2 weeks now and LOVE it!!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: SIZE 8 Work pants. Pre-first-born size (he's 8), funny enough I'm still 15 lbs over Pre-first-born weight. I LOVE LIFTING!
    [/quote

Congrats! I have an eight-year-old son, too... eight going on eighteen, that one.

@Amparky, hope you don't mind, I'm posting the link you posted in your feed earlier:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx

This is interesting--she suggests the same "cut" as the fat-loss cut in NROLW--300 cals.

My only hesitation with this is I'm never fully confident in my own accuracy in logging my cals, or in the accuracy of my BMF...and with just 300 cals there's not much wiggle room. I've been aiming for 500 cals and to give me a little buffer for error, but I'm certainly not losing steadily (well, not fast enough for my tastes!) so I dunno.
  • dandelion39
    Options
    I always mess up the quoting ^^
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    @Samntha - Awesome NSV!! To be heavier and fit is fantastic - it means you got muscles!! I honestly don't even remember what size I was before I had my first 12 years ago and I got rid of all my clothes since I couldn't fit in them forever.

I was dragging butt in my workout today! Hoping I can get my intervals in this afternoon.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    samntha - that's an awesome thing!! Yay on the size 8's!!

I can't get a work-out in, today, either. Shyte. It's a BAD week. A luncheon out - fine, I'll have salad. And, my hair appointment tonight....VERY IMPORTANT to get rid of all those grey's....

My bum hurts, today, so I guess that semi-body matrix yesterday was a good add to my work-out. Hooray!!!!

BOOM!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Squats are my nemesis.

I just can NOT break parrellel when I add in weight. Any weight. It pisses me off so bad. I can RDL 85lbs, but am squatting a measly butt 20lbs. I *can* squat an oly bar. But you do NOT want to see my form when I do. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Just to add something positive, my planks are getting easier. I'm still doing 2 30 sec holds instead of one 60 sec, but I think I'll be able to start increasing my time on them.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Everyone usually has one thing that they struggle with. Just keep working at it! and great job on the planks!!
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Finished stage 1 today! So glad to move on! I'm ready for a new challenge!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Jessica - I'm the same way with the squats. It is what it is. Either way, you are working on getting your *kitten* DEEP into the hole and your body wants THAT.

austelle - congrats on finishing Stage 1! I think you'll LOVE Stage 2.

I'm bumping my calories back up, since I didn't see a loss on the scale this week. Harumph.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone!
    I'm 1,100 calories down today. I REALLY need to eat something, but It's already 7pm and I don't know what. Suggestions?

Worked my butt off at the gym last night, and bought some new gym clothes for the occasion. I got some looks. Why do some men have to stare you down? It's very uncomfortable. I work hard to build my body and am mindful to show as little skin as possible, but damn it I'm proud of my newer better body. I walk taller, and while I dress conservative, I should be able to show off without getting stared at. (Sorry for the rant) Only one guy even has the balls to talk to me, and half the time I'm not sure if he's being friendly or hitting on me. I've been married too long to be able to tell. LOL I rocked a tank for the first time at Zumba and received a number of compliments about my upper body and the instructor said I have potential to do fitness comps If I keep working and fix my diet. Not sure about that.

Keep at it ladies. Results may vary, but you will get RESULTS. I'm only in stage 3! And I had ZERO fitness when I started in January. (I'm in a very positive frame of mind today.)

(I hate typos)
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone!
    I'm 1,100 calories down today. I REALLY need to eat something, but It's already 7pm and I don't know what. Suggestions?

)

Well, you could come eat one of the FIVE loaves of pumpkin bread my husband bought at some bake sale. He doesn't even eat the stuff! He bought it for me! What the heck?!

and great job on rockin' the tanks!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I rocked a tank for the first time at Zumba and received a number of compliments about my upper body and the instructor said I have potential to do fitness comps If I keep working and fix my diet. Not sure about that.

Keep at it ladies. Results may vary, but you will get RESULTS. I'm only in stage 3! And I had ZERO fitness when I started in January. (I'm in a very positive frame of mind today.)

(I hate typos)

Well it certainly sounds like you've had results! Fantastic NSV, and yay for lifting!

What did she mean by fix your diet?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome compliment Samantha!!! :drinker:

I had a senior moment yesterday when i loaded my weights for the front squat/push press, I didn't realise i'd put on 28kg instead of 18kg, and i would LOVE to say I managed it anyway, but NO....... could barely lift it from the rack without breaking my wrists! Finding this is my slowest move for weight increases.
  • dandelion39
    Options
    Amazing, Samantha! So glad you're getting results. And, yeah, guys at the gym are so weird--and I also can never tell when guys are hitting on me or being friendly or creepy. Also been married too long for that! My radar's busted.

My butt's so sore today from Stage 2, WOB yesterday. I love that. My butt needs work! Wish my abs were sore...
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @Sam - WOOHOO for the Size 8s!!! Regarding the gym - I know that I tend to be very self conscious with too much attention. I'd rather just blend in to the background. I'm sure your clothes are appropriate - when you are in good shape it shows no matter what you wear! Just don't let them bother you. :)

@Jennie - Those shoes are awesome.

@Jessica & Jenlwb - the squat is one of my slowest increases too. I think form is SO critical here, so just keep working at it. If you can't go up in weight, maybe add an additional rep or two at the lower weight for strength increase.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Question - yay or nay on OTC meds for DOMS?

I NEVER workout while taking pain med. I hurt my foot running poorly one time doing that. But I have a race tomorrow and some hip flexor soreness and can't decide whether it would help or hurt to take some today. Any ideas?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @Jessica & Jenlwb - the squat is one of my slowest increases too. I think form is SO critical here, so just keep working at it. If you can't go up in weight, maybe add an additional rep or two at the lower weight for strength increase.

Birdy it's annoying, because with the back squat i was going up 2kg each session, but with this FS/PP being restricted by shoulder strength i'm lucky if i go up 2kg in a whole stage!!

I'll probably take your advice and increase reps to build up.
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Question - yay or nay on OTC meds for DOMS?

I NEVER workout while taking pain med. I hurt my foot running poorly one time doing that. But I have a race tomorrow and some hip flexor soreness and can't decide whether it would help or hurt to take some today. Any ideas?

If it's OTC stuff, I think you would be OK. But I wouldn't take anything stronger than that.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    @Birdy - Thanks! and some Ibuprofen would probably do some good with the pain.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'd totally go for the ibuprofen, Birdy.