Ladies 35+ in stage 1 of NROLFW? Please join me!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! I have moved on to stage 2 now (stage 1 is pretty long) but so far, loving the program! You can already lift/press so much! Great job!!!
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, and have a happy Thanksgiving!
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up with stage 1. Did AMRAPs this morning, combining both A and B, just because I had the time and energy. I will do the same tomorrow and then take the weekend off before starting Stage 2. Still trying to get my head around the new exercises in preparation for next week. I am looking forward to some new routines.

I just purchased NROL for Life as a Christmas present for my sister and husband, who are on their way to being healthy, but need a routine they can do together. I feel good giving this kind of gift, as I have already seen and felt the benefits of getting strong.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. MFP friends!
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A8 down.....will have to take the book with me to In-laws' over the weekend to study up for phase 2.

I squatted 100 pounds today. I could have gone heavier, I think, but then, by the end, I was shaking.

Added 5 lb at least to everything I did.

I feel strong today.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    A8 down.....will have to take the book with me to In-laws' over the weekend to study up for phase 2.

I squatted 100 pounds today. I could have gone heavier, I think, but then, by the end, I was shaking.

Added 5 lb at least to everything I did.

I feel strong today.

You are awesome! Very strong!!! I did stage 3 A2 today and it killed me! Definitely not feeling strong! :D I am hungry though!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Hi, I am happy to be one of your NROL4W friends! I am a young 66 year old!! Probably the oldest in the group!! I want to prove that you can still look good after 50.....60's! Plus, enjoy being fit and healthy!

I am on Stage 1 workout 8. I am enjoying doing it and learning. I have done weights before, and have had a trainer. At first, the book NROL4W was overwhelming. It took me a while to get it!

I will accept If you want to request me as one of your friends.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six Pak DVD 4-5 times a week along. I have gotten good results! I do NROL4W Mon-Wed and Fri's and do C25K (a phone app.) Couch to 5K. I do that on Sunday, Tues, Thursday's.

For my protein shake I use the Costco Vanilla Whey Isolated....powder. I spin it into a shake with a little water and frozen strawberries and it is delicious! It has 27 grams of protein and 150 calories.

I might be too old to be in this group! I think of myself younger though. My kids are older than most of you! So you want not want a grandma here!
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six Pak DVD 4-5 times a week along. I have gotten good results! I do NROL4W Mon-Wed and Fri's and do C25K (a phone app.) Couch to 5K. I do that on Sunday, Tues, Thursday's.

For my protein shake I use the Costco Vanilla Whey Isolated....powder. I spin it into a shake with a little water and frozen strawberries and it is delicious! It has 27 grams of protein and 150 calories.

I might be too old to be in this group! I think of myself younger though. My kids are older than most of you! So you want not want a grandma here!

Wow!!!!! Unreal! I love the inspiration!! I use the Costco Chocolate Protein powder - delish with a frozen banana and extra cocoa!:)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I was about to start stage 5 and suffered a pretty nasty injury to my shoulder. I've restarted Stage 1 - 9 workouts in!
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im so happy to be posting here. I ordered the book months ago, it got lost in the mail, I had to re-order, then it finally came the week before Thanksgiving. After 10 weeks of 5-6 days a week of exercise, I had planned to take that week off from exercise. So FINALLY I am on the program and have done 1A and 1B.

It felt good and I was sore but not too bad. Ive lifted weights in the past, heavy too, so I knew what I was doing and am really looking forward to how heavy I can get. I have a strong lower body, but am weak in the upper body. Since my gym does not have a cable set up I am doing the modified Pullover for the Wide Grip Lat Pulldown. Anyone else doing this one? What are your weights? for those compared to your lower body weights? How about for the dumbbell press?

I am 42, 5"4" and want to build a strong, tight body. I have lost 12 pounds so far, and would like to loose 8 more. Im also on the EMTWL and eat about 1750 a day and hope that I will loose the weight by sticking with the eating and exercise. My previous workouts I did weights, but also lots of cardio. Im upping my weight workouts and lowering my cardio so I will see how it goes.

Cant wait to meet new friends here and learn everyone's experiences with the program.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just finished the regular workouts in stage 1. So, AMRAP Tuesday and Thursday, then a few days off of lifting and on to stage 2.

So, I think I did OK on adding:

Workout A:
    Squats: 75 start, end 100
    Pushups: Not great, but I can do them, it isn't pretty though.
    Seated Row: Started at 30, end 75
    Step-up: 20 start, end 40 (each hand, obviously)
    I do not speak of the prone jackknife. Clearly, this exercise was devised for a not-me person.

Workout B
    Deadlift: Start 65, end 100
    Dumbbell shoulder press: start 20, end 30 (I don't know why my strength is not improving on this)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: Start 55, end 75
    Lunge (which I still hate with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns): Start 20, end 35 (in each hand)
    Ball Crunch: Start 10 good ones, end 20 good ones

So, I think it went well, now on to the scary looking exercises in part 2. Wish me luck.
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just finished the regular workouts in stage 1. So, AMRAP Tuesday and Thursday, then a few days off of lifting and on to stage 2.

Workout A:
    I do not speak of the prone jackknife. Clearly, this exercise was devised for a not-me person.

Workout B
    Dumbbell shoulder press: start 20, end 30 (I don't know why my strength is not improving on this)
    Lunge (which I still hate with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns): Start 20, end 35 (in each hand)

So, I think it went well, now on to the scary looking exercises in part 2. Wish me luck.

Great work - keep it up!
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    glwerth - I like your sense of humour! Great job!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Workout A:

Workout B

You are so strong!!! A lot of your start weights are similar to my ending weights! Well done!!!
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    glwerth - Ha! You should see my default pushup face too. It's sort of like being constipated while chewing tobacco. So far, I can only do wide pushups with any depth. If I try to keep my arms closer to my torso, I can pushup only a few inches up and down. I tore BOTH my rotator cuffs within the last decade, so I'm always babying those muscles.

I started with Stage 1 A/B this week. Here's how I'm starting:

Workout A:
    Squats: 50 lbs, 15 x 2
    Pushups: Bodyweight, 15 x 2
    Seated Row: Wasn't at gym, so I did barbell/Pendlay rows at home...50 lbs, 15 x 2 (the last time I did a seated row, it was 75 lbs)
    Step-up: 15 lbs, 15 x 2 each leg
    Prone jackknife: Bodyweight, 8x2

Workout B
    Deadlift: 70 lbs, 15 x 2 - I think I can do more.
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 20 lbs, 15 x 2 (this one made my shoulders sad, but I got a modification from a trainer, so I'm going to do these with my elbows pointing forward from now on. I can straighten arms all the way up if I'm rotated that way.)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 70 lbs, 15 x 2
    Lunge: 20 lbs, 15 x 2 each leg
    Ball Crunch: Bodyweight, 21x2

I didn't alternate sets, like the book said to do. The gym was crazy busy, so if I got a piece of equipment, I just stuck with it until I finished all my sets. So many people were trying to workout ahead of the Thanksgiving pig-out. LOL.