Mid September start BR part 2

Options

Replies

• sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Workout 8 done and in the books for today! I can't believe this is my last week of phase 2. Wow

You're getting stronger and stronger every day :) Keep it up!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options

Just need to drink way more water!

I'm nearly half way through and so happy with the changes in my body already. Hubby noticed a big difference and he was away for the first phase so he's seeing it fresh if you know what I mean. Can't imagine what it'll be like at the end.

Yes I struggle with getting enough water too. It's "fall" here in Northern California, but it's still in the 70's.

Awesome that your hubby is noticing the changes!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    I have to admit it. Took a few days off this system and it was rough getting back into it. I'm redoing Week 10 since I've been busy watching the Giants win the World Series ;p WO 9 this morning was very rough. I couldn't fully do all the exercises, but I expect by the end of the week I will be able to.

My left hip flexor is really sore. I think it's from the way I slept last night - but the movements in WO 9 made it worse. Need some motrin.
  • aliwitt82
    Options
    I started week 9 today. Wow what a workout! I was really impressed though how much I could push myself to at try everything! I have to say one thing I love about this workout program is that you change it up every 2 weeks and the further you get the harder it gets! I plan on doing it again from the beginning when I am done and am excited to see how much more I can do the next time around!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    High five allwitt! I have the hardest time with all the plank and down dog stuff because of my wrists.
  • rednpnk
    rednpnk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So last week didn't happen for me at all! I did wo 7 on Monday and that was it.. I kept trying to motivate myself but just couldn't get it together... So I am repeating week 8 this week, and I am determined to do it.. I also want to get back into my evening walk/run. I know I will and I'm not giving in to my laziness... Have a good week everyone.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us took a little break lol!!

Well it's pretty much winter here up in Edmonton, Alberta - snow is already covering the ground! I went for my first 'winter run' this morning -9c and snow covered sidewalks/pathways, my last run with my C25K group... I am now a runner lol!! NEVER thought I would be saying that!! (woo hoo for NSV)

I'm behind 3 workouts, so I'll be doing workout 5 today, 6 tomorrow and cardio 2 Wednesday then on to week 7!! Yikes!!

Challenge for this week - stay away from Halloween candies!!!

I did notice that even though I didn't go grossly over my cals, I felt gross from eating fast foods... garbage in garbage out.

Do any of you do meal / menu planning?
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started week 9 today. Wow what a workout! I was really impressed though how much I could push myself to at try everything! I have to say one thing I love about this workout program is that you change it up every 2 weeks and the further you get the harder it gets! I plan on doing it again from the beginning when I am done and am excited to see how much more I can do the next time around!

I agree with you on this and that is what I also love about Body Rev. I think I'm going to do the program again too, but maybe start at workouts 5 and 6 instead of at the beginning. But I also want to start Chalean Extreme after Body Rev, so I'm still not sure. Decisions, decisions...Lol.
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well I just started phase 2 today! Work out 5! OMG wow can I just say I didn't think I was even going to be able to move afterwards! I thought my triceps were going to actually jump off my body and run away! But I am actually able to move tonight so that is a good sign. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared for tomorrow! Only 1 lb away from my October goal! Hoping like hell I can make it!
  • aliwitt82
    Options
    Man am I feeling the after effects of workout 9 today! I can feel it in my shoulders more so then I have ever felt it before!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Just did my last workout 7 for this first round of Body Rev. Can't say I'll miss WO 7! Lol But after reading some of your posts, I'm a little nervous about workouts 9 and 10. Yikes!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Okay..so I am on Week 10..did the workout 9 again last night. Was really hoping some of those moves would be easier....DIVE BOMBERS??? Say what?? Still cannot get that one! I am thinking I would love to see a warrior 3 pose again! LOL....
    I actually attempted to stay on the extended arm for the side planks pushups..and was able to do those...(big surprise there!)..
    I didn't really take pics...and honestly do not care..feeling stronger every day!!

We got this y'all!! :flowerforyou:
  • brittany8712
    Options
    YES the dive bombers are crazy! I am not sure that I am doing them right, but I give it my best effort! Phase 3 is no joke. Cardio 3 I think was the worst for me so far. I was out of breath and drenched the entire time! I was waiting for it to get easier, for one of the intervals to be easier...yup, didn't happen!

y'all are all doing awesome!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    "DIVE BOMBERS"??? OMG, I don't even want to know what type of move this is! On second thought, let me enjoy these last workouts 7 and 8!! Lol
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    in WO 9 I'm finally able to do the dive bombers but all those sets in plank or downward dog kill me. Motivated - I can't do the sideplanks up on my arm, i do it on my elbow. I'd rather do it with good form than fall over lol!

WO 10 this morning was tough but doable. The reverse plank leg lifts do a number on my lower back (the regular reverse planks triggered my probs last phase). As always I highly enjoy the lumberjack lunges. Hee hee, I really take my frustrations out on that one ;P I feel pretty bad *kitten* after doing the half moon pose then rocking the one armed rows with a 10 lb weight.
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Good-bye WO8, I won't miss you! Lol Done with workout 8 this morning. Cardio day tomorrow. Phase 2 is coming to an end...!
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol Poeticmoe! I feel the same way about w/o 5&6 (except I actually liked #6).... I've heard that 7 is brutal... I'm nervous but I guess I will find out tomorrow morning!!

I was thinking of doing Chalean Extreme too... but I've joined the gym here and am going to give Stronglifts a shot. I'll be sad when JMBR is over... I enjoy our little group!!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Lol Poeticmoe! I feel the same way about w/o 5&6 (except I actually liked #6).... I've heard that 7 is brutal... I'm nervous but I guess I will find out tomorrow morning!!

I was thinking of doing Chalean Extreme too... but I've joined the gym here and am going to give Stronglifts a shot. I'll be sad when JMBR is over... I enjoy our little group!!

Jillian dives right in with workout 7. That first circuit is BRUTAL! Once you get through the first circuit, you can do anything. :) Let us know how it goes.

I'll miss our little group too! I'm sure no matter what program I do next, I'll still check in here.
  • aliwitt82
    Options
    Cardio 3 is the worst one yet.....WOW
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Officially half way through wooo!!! Had to do w/o 6 and cardio 2 today to catch up but you know what it wasn't that bad.

Day off tomorrow then on to 7!