Today!

Options

Replies

• jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Last night I played 1 hr tennis, ran 3 miles and biked 20 minutes while watching TV. I thought I had the plantar fasciitis under control the last few days because I had been able to do 2 different 3 mile runs without pain the next day but today is a different story. I guess I need to learn to not do tennis and run in the same day :(

I really hope it's not the tennis that's making it worse, I just found a great hitting partner.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    camping with lots of hiking this weekend at Turkey Run - maybe a run or two if it isn't too hot. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yay, Turkey Run! I've spent a lot of time there - used to live very close.

I ran Friday and today...
  • jobryan4
    Options
    It was a good trip to Turkey Run, I've been there many times but this was our first time camping there. I also grew up kinda close to there (in IL, not too far from the state line). Came home a day early because of the weather forecast, glad we weren't in a tent with 2 small kids when the storms came through! I did get lots of hiking in but no running.

Went to Blue Mile yesterday and bought new running shoes, looking forward to my first run in them tonight! High hopes that better shoes help with the plantar fasciitis.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Got a good run in this morning... 4 miles. (first three interval training). I'm getting my average time closer and closer to 10min/mile. I hope to achieve sub 30 minute 5k by the time of my first 5k competition run in a bit over a month, and my second one in about two months. If I get some more weight dropped, I think I can get there.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Last night I ran 3 miles on the treadmill followed by 20 min strength training. Feet feel pretty good this morning but they usually are better after the treadmill than after roads. Plan to run outside tonight.

Good job on getting closer to your fitness goals, coolhand! Which race are you doing next month?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

Good job on getting closer to your fitness goals, coolhand! Which race are you doing next month?

AHA Heartwalk/5k run (I'll be running)

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/indy

We have a team from work so I'm going to join..

Then on Oct. 6th, I think we're going to go down and do the Mallow Run winery 5k Run/walk. (I'll be runnng)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    although I want to do the following also - and not sure if I can afford all three...

Community Health Network sponsored Marathon/half marathon/5k Oct. 20

http://www.indianapolismarathon.com/
  • jobryan4
    Options
    although I want to do the following also - and not sure if I can afford all three...

Community Health Network sponsored Marathon/half marathon/5k Oct. 20

http://www.indianapolismarathon.com/

I know what you mean, I signed up for a few and then did a double take of how much it had added up to. On top of that, got the e-mail from warrior dash that there is a $20 parking fee! I decided against a few races only because the money is adding up (still better than paying a monthly fee for a weight loss program though). I will be doing the 5K of the monumental, a fun run around halloween and the drumstick dash (4.6 mile course).

http://monumentalmarathon.com/

No workouts since Monday, it's been a busy week. Excited for the warrior dash tomorrow but not at my fitness goals I had set for the race. I'm running with a friend who runs 10 min miles and was hoping to be up to her pace so that I didn't hold her back. I may be able to stay with her for the first part of the race but won't be able to keep that pace for the full run - unless there are lines at the obsticles
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

No workouts since Monday, it's been a busy week. Excited for the warrior dash tomorrow but not at my fitness goals I had set for the race. I'm running with a friend who runs 10 min miles and was hoping to be up to her pace so that I didn't hold her back. I may be able to stay with her for the first part of the race but won't be able to keep that pace for the full run - unless there are lines at the obsticles

Let us know how the warrior dash went... I almost jumped in at the last minute from the groupon that was out last week...
    I was off track a bit over the end of last week and the weekend. I used a few nagging physical pains as excuses. I did do some good walking yesterday (but I should have ran). I worked out this morning and plan to run tonight and hopefully be back on track..
  • jobryan4
    Options

Let us know how the warrior dash went... I almost jumped in at the last minute from the groupon that was out last week...
    I was off track a bit over the end of last week and the weekend. I used a few nagging physical pains as excuses. I did do some good walking yesterday (but I should have ran). I worked out this morning and plan to run tonight and hopefully be back on track..

The warrior dash was awesome! My friends and I had such a good time that we decided we'll do it again next year as soon as we finished. We also decided we'll sign up for the spartan race in April. The warrior dash was hard but not as much running as I expected, we were toward the end of our heat so there were bottlenecks at almost all of the obstacles (I was able to keep pace with my friends). Lots of up and down steep hills for the first part of the race and running (walking) in the river bed which was muddy so you couldn't see the limestone rocks. I shuffled through all of the water so that I didn't twist an ankle. the 'running' in the mud with shoes that were packed with mud was harder than I expected. The second half of the race was the man made obstacles and they were a lot of fun and just the right amount of challenge for me. I saw the groupon last week and kinda hated that I could have saved some money - oh well. I highly recommend it but it was probably a good idea for you to skip it if you had any injuries - you should plan on it for next year! The spartan race is reasonably priced if you sign up early, they also send a code for $10 off but parking, mandatory insurance and spectator fees add up. The spartan race also had a kids race for ages 4-13.

http://www.spartanrace.com/indiana-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html

Rest day yesterday, tennis tonight or the Y if it's raining.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    still here and kicking...just not checking in.
    Today I did Yoga. Tomorrow will be weight training.

Is there a particular website you guys look at to get race info? The whens and wheres??

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

Is there a particular website you guys look at to get race info? The whens and wheres??

Angie

I haven't found a good one... the thread we have here on Indy runs seems about the best.. Otherwise, I've found websites for individual runs from word of mouth and flyers I've seen posted around (as well as email communications at work for a couple that our company is involved in).
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Yesterday - strength training lower body and core + 1.5 mile run on treadmill

Today - ran 5k this morning - My first sub 10min/mile avg over a 5k Distance! I'm pretty excited... Now just 30 seconds off of getting 5k time under 30 minutes.. I had been running intervals for the last month - I guess they paid off - this is the first time I'd run a full 5k without stopping during that time and my time is significantly better. If I could get some more weight lost, I'm sure it would take an even bigger jump.. st00pid plateaus...
  • jobryan4
    Options

Angie

For locally orgainzed races I use this site:
    http://www.tuxbro.com/calendar.html
    or the indy running site I posted in the other Indy thread

This is a good site for indiana triathlons
    http://www.trifind.com/in.html

For the nationally organized races like Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Color Run, Tap N Run, ect.; I find out about them through word of mouth, facebook, adds on mfp or groupon.

Today - ran 5k this morning - My first sub 10min/mile avg over a 5k Distance! I'm pretty excited...

Good job!! I'm very excited for you :)

I'm be muddling through with only 3 moderate workouts a week for a few weeks, lots of work and family stuff coming up. Starting September 7th I'll be back to higher intensity/training mode.
  • aeverton
    Options
    Yesterday - strength training lower body and core + 1.5 mile run on treadmill

Today - ran 5k this morning - My first sub 10min/mile avg over a 5k Distance! I'm pretty excited... Now just 30 seconds off of getting 5k time under 30 minutes.. I had been running intervals for the last month - I guess they paid off - this is the first time I'd run a full 5k without stopping during that time and my time is significantly better. If I could get some more weight lost, I'm sure it would take an even bigger jump.. st00pid plateaus...

WTG on your sub 10min/mile!

Angie
  • aeverton
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme Lean circuit 2 for me today.

Angie
  • aeverton
    Options
    Great run this morning! 3.05 miles at an average pace of 8:27

Felt good.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Great run this morning! 3.05 miles at an average pace of 8:27

Felt good.

Angie

Nice! You're fast! :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    this morning 15 minute treadmill warmup followed by strength training legs/core. Looking to run this evening.