Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    jennie, I love that picture! haha

I missed my work out day Wednesday because I had to empty the rooms for the floor guys, spent Thursday hiding in my room with my daughter while they worked, and missed my work out today as they finished up. But I've been watching what I eat and all that lifting and moving things was a bit of a work out.

The new floors were pretty dusty so I just went through the house a few times cleaning them repeatedly while my daughter finally napped. Today is lots of cleaning and putting things back together!

I'm surprised to see a new lowest weight, 175.6 lbs. Then the paranoid part of me starts thinking 'Oh know, am I losing the muscle I've been working on gaining?!' haha. Oh well, next week is a new week :)

Sloane seems to be doing a lot better, I think I see her 9th tooth popping through.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    This is for all you ladies talking about planks!

planking.jpg

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! I need to share that on FB.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I would kill for legs like that... Sadly, mine are more elephanty than long and lithe. :sad:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I THINK I look like the little elephant while planking. Good grief, I wonder what I *actually* look like?!??!?!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input ladies.
    Beeps: I think aqua fitness after the workout could be great. I might see if that works with my schedule!
    DAisy I tried to answer some of your questions in the stage 1 thread. It's fine to ask here, we'll be more than happy to hp in any way possible, but if we answer there everyone in stage one can benefit from the answers. Not everybody comes over here to chat with us. lol Oh and my cousin does aqua fit on her lifting days and has been having great success with it. I always say do what you find fun, so you want to keep doing it.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I think I'll give the aqua fitness a go once I am at the new gym.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I'm thinking Samantha was talking about just starting a different thread in this group for Abs - just like the ones we have for all the stages of NROLW

Finally starting to feel better - just in time to go camping this weekend. HOpefully a few more days of rest will help and I can get back to lifting next week. The kids also start school next week and hubby starts coaching football, hoping that won't add to my stress with homework and soccer schedules and such.
    That's exactly what I was saying lol.

I hate living in NJ on Labor Day weekend. All I wanted to do was go to the freaking store, and every road going south in Central NJ was a parking lot. Go West young man, go west...to the mountains I say. Screw the beach, there's beautiful lakes out there. Needless to say I only finished a third of my very lengthy to do list because I was in an accumulated 2 hours of traffic (not on toll roads) and I was never more than 15 miles from my house.

anywho...that model has mile long legs and frankly she's not my type. I like women with a few more curves lol (yes I'm married to a man).
    Steann, glad the little lady id feeling better. My little guy was the human pin cushion today. he got 4 vaccines for the start of school and now he's sleeping it off.
    I have to go to the gym tonight for my final 6AWO. I really hope they have the air fixed.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Jumping in randomly here, but hoping to get a response before I head to the gym in the AM so I'm double posting the chat and stage thread. For anyone doing stage 6 or beyond what did you do for warm-ups before the negative chin-ups? Would push-ups against the wall be good?
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all, pulled muscle in back well on way to recovery - I am so glad I continued to walk each day (did a 10k walk today) rather than just stop all activity. I am going to have a careful go at lifting tomorrow but may be selective about which exercises I do. Off on holiday in a couple of weeks so want to re-do a bit more of Stage 1 to pad out the time and do the 2 final ones recommended for Stage 1, then into Stage 2 as soon as we get back.

My hard copy of NROL4W arrived yesterday and it's been much better having that than trying to use the Kindle version. :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I took a couple of months break when my frustration over not losing weight made me decide to start. I'm about 5kg lighter now and really happy to start NROLFW again. Did my first session today and really enjoyed it again. Had to drop my weight back down to 20kg for squats but most of my other weights were up there again. Went a bit lower on everything else that I could have, but will up them next time.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Jumping in randomly here, but hoping to get a response before I head to the gym in the AM so I'm double posting the chat and stage thread. For anyone doing stage 6 or beyond what did you do for warm-ups before the negative chin-ups? Would push-ups against the wall be good?
    I always just do the warm-up from the book, but sometimes when I do the inchworm, I do a push up at the bottom.

Totally pissed that two days in a row, I missed my workout because of somebody else. Last night hubby had to work late. This morning whoever was supposed to open the gym at 7 never showed up grrrrrrrr.

Is it some kind of crazy rule of thumb that we all pull our back at some point deadlifting? Glad everyone is feeling better. For me it was a reminder about how important good form is. and I would snicker at people who said that before it happened.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    NO workout fo rme again. Tuesday I will definitely get there but that leaves me one workout of stage 7 not completed before my vacation.

What do yall think of add a couple of exercises of WO6 to WO 3,4, & 6? I only do half the reps anyway. Think I'll be good?
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Steann, glad the little lady id feeling better. My little guy was the human pin cushion today. he got 4 vaccines for the start of school and now he's sleeping it off.

Shots are no fun! Even though she does well, I hate having to hold her down while they do it. I feel so evil!

Ugh, I feel lazy. I got so into the groove of lifting again that missing two work outs makes me feel like such a couch potato. Since my husband is out of town, my MIL is picking me up to help me grocery shop with my daughter, then they are having me over for dinner. Maybe I can sneak a run in on the treadmill at their place and they can watch her for a bit. I feel like I just need to do SOMETHING.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ahhh.... just finished working out. I did 90 on my squats today - for 1 set. Started to lose form so I dropped off 10 and did the rest at 80 and really felt like I was hitting form well. Same with pushups - deeper than I've ever been able to go, and the barbell pulls I did at 70 for the first time, again 1 set, til I lost the form. Can someone please tell me how you hold the barbell if you use it for stepups? I can't add anymore on dbs without feeling like my arms are coming of my sockets.

I realized that I can do 2 more As & Bs before AMRAPS and then vacation.

Glad the babe is feeling better SteAnn, and hope you get in something while you have someone to watch your little one.

Sam, I hate shots myself, so hard to see the little ones get them! Glad your boy can sleep 'em off now.

Yea Jo!! But please becareful! It would be awful if you couldn't enjoy your holiday because you did too much too soon, especially since you are feeling better now!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. I'm going to get in a motorcycle ride and visit with a friend who is here from FL showing her jack russells nearby.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how you hold the barbell if you use it for stepups? I can't add anymore on dbs without feeling like my arms are coming of my sockets.

Just like squats. I even drag a bench over to the squat rack and just load there since just because I can get it over my head and onto my shoulders before a set doesn't mean I'll want to after. ;)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Damn! Looking at all these runningworld articles makes me want to actually start running running, not just "sprinting because it's good for me", but, "Lets get addicted to something new!"

I do have to say, I think I may be spoiled for other shoes. I'm already looking at another pair of vibrams to get.

If anyone else wants one, there are a few select models on sale this weekend.. tomorrow is the last day.. 40% off, which is huge.
  • rok1977
    rok1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and starting Stage 1 today - I'm really excited and just wanted to say hello! I'll be checking the forums regularly for tips and tricks :-)

I would love some NROL4W friends for motivation so feel free to add me if you like.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how you hold the barbell if you use it for stepups? I can't add anymore on dbs without feeling like my arms are coming of my sockets.

Just like squats. I even drag a bench over to the squat rack and just load there since just because I can get it over my head and onto my shoulders before a set doesn't mean I'll want to after. ;)
    i've done it that way, and I've held it like I'm standing after a deadlift, at thigh level. I do it that way because I can't drag a bench over.)
  • samntha14
    Options
    I feel like the universe is working against me. I just want to finish stage 6 and move on with my. However, I may get to the gym today even though it's a holiday, and Then I will spend my very last day home for the Summer with my children....doing laundry and scrubbing floors. If we're lucky we'll go see a movie or something. It's pissing down with rain here.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I haven't lifted since Thursday. So much for three times a week. It's weird; it's been four days now, and my hamstrings are STILL a little sore.

Regardless, I will be lifting today.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Somehow, this long weekend has become the AWESOME-WORK-OUT WEEKEND for Beeps! I'll take it.

Long cardio on Saturday. Weight-training on Sunday. Step-aerobics today. I'm ON FIRE!

My diet is uber-good.....I do plan on losing weight over the next 8 weeks as I approach another birthday. And, I went to a large gathering last night and stayed 100% on my menu plan, so I'm very happy with myself!

I feel like I'm gathering momentum and am just going to keep doing 100% of my best efforts.....that makes me feel really good about myself.

Keep going, ladies - I'm reading your posts and you really are all going very well and CONTINUE TO LIFT HEAVY!