Mid September start BR part 2

Options

Replies

• sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dani, I need to lose more fat too. I feel like I have all these muscles but a layer of flab on my belly and upper arms that are just swimming above the muscles. I'm going to try more cardio. I have the Zumba system, but can't find the main cardio DVD from when I moved. I'm still paying off the JMBR (did the 4 payments) so don't know about paying for another system. I also have Hip Hop Abs, which I live (Sean cracks me up) but I don't feel like I'm burning that much. I guess I should try it with a HRM to be sure. A lot of people have posted elsewhere on the message boards that recommend Turbo Fire before or after JMBR. I've done Turbo Jam so I like Chalene. She's perky but not annoyingly so,

Haha, on another note, I love Jillian's awkward giggle/snort near the end of WO 11.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Cardio 3..... I didn't know wether to puke or cry!!

After doing Cardio 3 today I have real doubts on doing a program like Insanity. I really like JM's workouts because your not bouncing up and down for the whole 30-60 mins. I like the resistance training best.

D - That is exactly how I feel about my muscle hiding under a layer of fat!! I can really feel my core muscles now but I can't see them for the chub covering them! I'm still struggling with dropping pounds and finding what cal intake is right for me. I know slow and steady wins the race and inches have come off... but I still feel the scale should be moving a bit more!

I think post BR I will continue doing my collection of JM DVD's (NMTZ is a fav) and continue running and see how that goes before making a purchase on something else. I also have Bob's (Biggest Loser) ultimate cardio which is okay.

But maybe Santa will surprise me with something!?
  • rednpnk
    rednpnk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So I did #11 today. Not sure how I feel about it. It was tough. But I didn't give it my all. I did it right after I did my run for the day. Next time I'll try to do one in the morning and the other at night.

Side note: you guys really keep me going. Glad to have the support. Thanks a bunch.
  • aliwitt82
    Options
    All I have to say about 12 is WOW. That was the hardest I have ever pushed myself and I can do things that 80 days ago I never thought I would be able to do! I felt so good after this workout!
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree, just did workout 12 for the first time and it was difficult. I feel bad about not doing those wheel pushups. I even tried after the video ended to do them - I think I did 3, poor form. I think I'm going to try each day until I can do it. It was nice to see the motivation from the team like we were done at the end. All I could think of was that I still have 2.5 weeks left of Cardio 3, Workout 11 and 12, I am no where near done!
  • rednpnk
    Options
    So the one night that my baby boy slept good, I couldnt bring myself to get my lazy self out of the bed this morning. I guess you can say I was exhausted, and based on what I've read from you guys, doing workout 12 would not be something to do whie exhausted. SO I will tackle that this evening... Have a great day!!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Did workout 12 today for the first time. The wheel pushups where really scary, a part of me thinks I will fall on my head and break my neck, but I do think I have the strength to do it so I just need to find the courage. Other then that I liked 12 and think it will become a favourite!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Like I posted on my profile, I didn't get my 6 am workout in because my sister & fam were staying over. I'll have to get it in tonight. We ate pretty badly late last night when they got here and breakfast was croissants and eggs and sausage. Now I feel tired and bloaty :( I weigh myself every morning and I'm up :( Could be water retention and/or the upcoming TOM. Of course my last week of JMBR is when TOM is ocming up.

Have WO 12 tonight.
  • rednpnk
    Options
    W/O 12 done. I actually like it, except for the wheelbarrow push ups. Can't do those to save my life. I was surprised that I was able to do the crab lift things. All in all, it was a good workout. Great day everyone.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. Update:

I did exactly 4 days of Tapout XT and didn't like it at ALL. It just wasn't my type of workout. Honestly, Tapout felt like a 'copy-cat' off of P90X, the way the workouts were set up. Just using martial-arts-type moves with resistance bands instead of weights. I ended up returning Tapout.

This past week, I started Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire, as a hybrid. CLX (Chalean Extreme) is set up where you lift HEAVY weights 3X a week, with 2 days of cardio and 1 day of stretch. Instead I'm doing CLX lifting heavy 3X a week and Turbo Fire cardio 3X a week. Since Chalene is my favorite trainer, I'm LOVING this combo! OMG, I'm finding myself jumping out of bed in the mornings to get my workout done. Lol That never happens.

CLX weight lifting is heavy weights and you lift the weights very slowly. I think this slow movement is where the burn is coming from, because I sweat buckets lifting heavy and slow! Chalean has it set up where you're supposed to 'fail' at 10 - 12 reps, which is why she wants you to lift heavy. In this first week, I've been using 7, 10, 15 and 17.5 lb weights. The heavier weights are used during lower body movements, cuz Chalene says you can lift heavier for your lower body. She's right! Its my first week doing CLX and so far, I'm in love. I already loved Turbo Fire, so this combo is magic for me.

You need to have weights of all different sizes to do CLX. Or have some adjustable weights on hand. I use the Selectech weights, the same one Chalene uses in the videos. Tomorrow makes week one of CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid for me, and so far, so GOOD!

CONGRATS on your success with inches and weight lost too! That's awesome and everyone is doing so great. I'm working out tomorrow on Thanksgiving morning. Who else is in with me? We can DO this! :)

Moe
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Thanks for the update Moe! My niece is a Beach Body coach and gave me a heads up that there's going to be Black Friday/Cyber Monday Specials. She doesn't know which programs and how much, but Beach Body makes P90X, Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, TurboFire, Chalean, etc. I'll post the link when it's release :)

I'm SO buying TurboFire!
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm finding workouts 9&10 much harder then 7&8!! The first circuit of 9 really kicks my butt!! Push ups and planks have never been my strong point. I am glad I only have 2 more of each to do... but then I'm sure 11&12 are going to be BRUTAL!

Thanks Moe for the info! I'd really like to try Chalean X, maybe some heavier weights will be wrapped up under the tree for me this year!!

For those celebrating Thanksgiving, have a safe and happy holiday!!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    I got Workout 11 done yesterday before the feasting began! Considering I went to two meals, I only went over my calories a little. It's my last time doing it so I was a little sad. A LITTLE. hahaha

I just got back from being up all night black friday shopping... so I'll take a nap and tackle Workout 12 this afternoon.

Of course my last week has to be Thanksgiving AND TOM. I'm just hoping I didn't gain this week. As I posted on my wall, I just bought TurboFire on sale (beach body has it and a few other programs on sale now through Cyber Monday). So I'll start that when I get it. Not sure what to do in the gap period. Maybe 30DS or another Jillian DVD, which I imagine will be relatively easy now that I've been beaten down for 3 months with JMBR!
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Not been posting here because just using phone app lately sorry. Still going strong 9 &10 are hard but I'm definitely getting better at them. Cardio 3 however might take a bit longer to love.
    MFP isn't updating when I post Body Revolution calories or my weight loss for some reason.

D you are almost finished amazing looking forward to your final results. You might be our first graduate?

Moe you have me really interested in Chalean now. Did you do p90x cos I was thinking of just doing the strength days from this but would you recommend Chalean instead?
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Ok guys, I'm done! Cardio 3 for the very last time this morning. Still dripping sweat like the first time lol. I won't have the results info/pics since I'm still at my in-laws. When I go back to my hometown (where my mom and in-laws live), I see all the temptations that I used to deal with all the time and understand why I gained so much weight. But now I deal with them by eating in moderation but still enjoying what I like - and tracking everything.

I'll still be here, cheering you all on - you're almost there! I couldn't have done it without everyone's motivating and support on here. Bravo to all of us for sticking with it :)
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done D for getting through it and not letting anything get in your way! So happy to hear of people finishing makes me believe that I will get their soon.

Awesome job congrats!!!!!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today was my first WO11... so its the final stretch! This weekend I gave a friend the first pack of workouts, she is going to give it a shot. And I bought Chalean Extreme off eBay for $40! So I hope to have it by the time JMBR is done so I can jump right into it. I am going on a cruise the first week of February so I am thinking of doing a hybrid CE/TurboFire and Jillian's 6 week 6 pack.

I noticed something funny and wonder if anyone else has. In Cardio III, Jillian shouts out "Your quads should be on FIIIRRRE." (I think during squat jacks). And all that goes through my head is the Alicia Keys song, "This girl is on FIIIRRRRE." And now when I hear either, that's all I think of. Its probably just me :)

Good job everyone! Awesome for us to be in final stretch (or finished... Congrats D!) heading into the holiday month. We'll have plenty of cookie calories to burn off! :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today was my first WO11... so its the final stretch! This weekend I gave a friend the first pack of workouts, she is going to give it a shot. And I bought Chalean Extreme off eBay for $40! So I hope to have it by the time JMBR is done so I can jump right into it. I am going on a cruise the first week of February so I am thinking of doing a hybrid CE/TurboFire and Jillian's 6 week 6 pack.

I noticed something funny and wonder if anyone else has. In Cardio III, Jillian shouts out "Your quads should be on FIIIRRRE." (I think during squat jacks). And all that goes through my head is the Alicia Keys song, "This girl is on FIIIRRRRE." And now when I hear either, that's all I think of. Its probably just me :)

Good job everyone! Awesome for us to be in final stretch (or finished... Congrats D!) heading into the holiday month. We'll have plenty of cookie calories to burn off! :)

So very proud of you Doll!

I started week 12 today. The final week I can't believe I've made it through. I start Insanity Monday.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I started week 12 today. The final week I can't believe I've made it through. I start Insanity Monday.

JMBR is a 13 week program = 90 days. I am also on week 12.
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Well done D for getting through it and not letting anything get in your way! So happy to hear of people finishing makes me believe that I will get their soon.

Awesome job congrats!!!!!

Thanks Jen :)