3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    So I met with the midwife and I'm not switching. Sound like the OB in her practice is super fond on interventions and I'm more likely to get him than her. Another weird thing about the visit, when I looked around I thought "wow, this office is really cool." After leaving I realized that it is a very cool office....if it were a tattoo parlor! Most OBs have real beautiful pictures of pregnant women, sometimes they even have cool photos of pregnant women with tattoos, this doctor? Forget the pregnant women! Just give me paintings of naked women with tattoos. It was so odd! The office I was in had some real pretty maternity photos but the main office was all tatted up chicks with big boobs...creepy!

Maybe the office moonlights as a tattoo parlor! Or they could be doing experiments where they give women tattoos during labor to distract from the pain. Although I couldn't imagine that those tattoos would turn out very well....

You know what, that would be amazing! If I could get tatted while in labor I so would! I don't even care if there's ink on the needles, when I'm in pain tattoos seriously do help! LOL

I'm SO overdue for another tattoo!
  • TLCEsq
    Options
    I think third trimester is hard (not just for the obvious physical reason) because it will give us the motivation to get ourselves through laboring and delivery. :) Like I've been telling myself this whole pregnancy that I'm perfectly content to go 2 weeks overdue if need be. Now that I'm at 32 weeks, I'm realizing/remembering that I'm NOT going to be perfectly content to wait longer than need be. lol. However, I'm still going to wait, content or not. :)

I agree! I was like this too until I started having complications last week. Now my BP is shooting up if I do anything except lay down most of the time, making my head feel fuzzy and my vision blurry. No protein in my urine though thank God. My amniotic fluid is measuring low despite drinking 2 gallons of water a day, so I have monitoring twice a week. I can barely walk between my lupus joint pain, swollen feet and pelvic pain. I'm ready for this baby to come OUT! Sorry for the whine fest, just totally over it LOL.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I just delivered my little man on Monday, and wanted to take a moment to share my birth story as the birth stories of the ladies who came before me were so informative and helpful!

12:30am on Sunday morning my water broke suddenly while I was walking around my house. I had no contractions, and thought I had just peed myself until I went into the bathroom and more and more fluid started coming out. Contractions started at about 1:45am Sunday and were about 15-20 mins apart. They got to about 5 mins apart by 6am, so I went to the maternity center. They kept coming at about 5-7 minutes apart for several hours. They started coming in clusters 3-4 on top of each other separated by 10 minutes around 2pm and kept doing that through 5pm-ish. I labored in a jacuzzi tub, which helped ease the pain of the cluster contractions, but then my labor completely stopped. By 6pm, we decided to go to the hospital. By the time I got there, my contractions were going again, but I had made no progress in dilation in many hours. By then, I was pretty exhausted, and was only 4 cm dilated. Since my water had been broken so long, the risk to the baby was going up the longer I labored, so a joint decision was made to do a c-section. I had to wait until about 6am the next morning for the c-section since I had eaten too close to coming to the hospital for the surgery to be done immediately. Had contractions about every 10 minutes up until then.

Benjamin Ryan was born at 5:57am and weighed exactly 7.0 lbs and was 19 inches long. He's beautiful, and while I hated having to have the c-section, I'm so thankful he is healthy and safe. He had to spend 3 day in NICU getting antibiotics since my water was broken and labor lasted so long. We are home safe and sound now and recovering nicely.

Thank you to everyone here for all your help and encouragement throughout my pregnancy! This group is so great!

bornsmall_zps440d3bec.jpg

day2small_zps131cd232.jpg

nicu1small_zps7f5fef1e.jpg
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    He is so freakin cute! And looks a lot like his mommy! It's interesting that your water broke first because I was just working on the part of my birth plan that addresses that scenario. I'm so glad to hear everything worked out and he came into the world safely! Thanks for sharing your story lady!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    He is so freakin cute! And looks a lot like his mommy! It's interesting that your water broke first because I was just working on the part of my birth plan that addresses that scenario. I'm so glad to hear everything worked out and he came into the world safely! Thanks for sharing your story lady!

Thank you! I'm 100% in love with him! He's been such a joy for us!

My birth plan was to deliver without drugs. I hung on for 30 hours, but having my water break before contractions started really threw a wrench into the plans as I only had about 24 hours after that to deliver without antibiotics or other medicines. I did feel like a huge failure after we decided to do the c-section. I think that came from me being so dead-set on delivering naturally and feeling confident that I could no matter what. Sometimes, our bodies just don't abide by those plans. Just try to realize that sometimes, things will be out of your control. Just do what you can to stay healthy for you and your baby, because no matter what happens, it'll be worth it in the end! :smile:
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats VelociMama! He is such a cutie! I'm glad that you're both healthy and that everything went well even if things didn't go as planned.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Wow Veloci Mama! I know how tired I was after labouring for 16 hours with my first, I can't imagine how tired you must have been after 30 hours. Don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like the c section was the best option, and at least you got to have be there, a lot of ladies could expect an emergency c section after labouring that long. He does look lovely, enjoy him and enjoy being a mum!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You're leaving the hospital with a beautiful healthy baby- no failure in that! Congrats!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    He is adorable. Congratulations. :)
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Anyone else ready to be DONE with pregnancy? I'm to that point! lol

Went to the doctor today & I am 1 cm dilated but not getting too excited yet. I was told it was possible to sit at 1 cm for weeks lol I just want to meet my little guy!!
  • rachypompa
    Options
    I actually don't mind it too much. As long as I don't try to do too much. I had to take my older two to athletics after school today, and I was over it after all that standing around and wandering about from one event to the next! But I'm spending most of my time chilling inside, too hot outside, which is sad, we're having such a great summer here in New Zealand, and I love summer, but I'm avoiding the sun as it makes me feel TOO HOT!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options

Went to the doctor today & I am 1 cm dilated but not getting too excited yet. I was told it was possible to sit at 1 cm for weeks lol I just want to meet my little guy!!

I am definitely ready to be done! 39weeks 6 days now. Due date is tomorrow. Been 2-3 cm dilated since last Thursday, and on about day 10 of false labor. Felt different last night, change in discharge and lots of time on the toilet, but 3am here and still no real labor. Next appointment is on due date at 10am, so hoping if I am 4cm or more he will consent to break my water and get things started.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Oh Man Aeriel! Day 10 of false labour, you must be feeling very tired. Big hugs.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Officially 41 weeks today and I've been having contractions since midnight; 30-60 secs in duration, ranging form 6-12 mins in frequency. I'm optimistic this means she'll come on her own w/in 24-48 hours (well before my scheduled induction date). Here's to hoping!!
  • Aeriel
    Options
    Oh Man Aeriel! Day 10 of false labour, you must be feeling very tired. Big hugs.

At least last night was quiet, so got some sleep. Go see the doctor in a few hours for my "40 week" appointment, so hoping I have progressed to a point that he might consider breaking my water. Fingers crossed!
  • Aeriel
    Options
    Officially 41 weeks today and I've been having contractions since midnight; 30-60 secs in duration, ranging form 6-12 mins in frequency. I'm optimistic this means she'll come on her own w/in 24-48 hours (well before my scheduled induction date). Here's to hoping!!

Hoping for you too! This last little bit of waiting is the worst!
  • TLCEsq
    Options
    Hey y'all! Some of you already know, but I gave birth to my son Brock Stanley Crofford at 12:54 AM on Tuesday 2/12! I was 39 weeks pregnant. I thought I would share my birth story/experience:

I had been having high blood pressure issues and was put on modified bed rest last week, so Monday I was supposed to start working from home. I went in for monitoring on Monday morning and Brock was having decelerations in his heart rate because he kept compressing his cord. Next thing I know, I have the doctors telling me I had to go to the hospital to be induced and they had a bed ready and waiting for me. It was kind of scary and I had also been planning on a natural birth, but I didn't like the increased risk of stillbirth caused by the cord compressions and my amniotic fluid had also been dropping.

I got to the hospital around 10 AM and they decided to use Cervidil to ripen my cervix. I was at 1 cm and 70% effaced. Cervidil went in around 2:30 PM and at 4 PM they told me it would have to stay in for 12 hours and they wouldn't be checking me until 4 AM. Talk about a looooooooong night! Most women don't go into labor on their own with Cervidil and need a second dose plus pitocin :-( Well, that wasn't in the cards for me thankfully because my contractions started getting so strong and were only about a minute apart, one on top of another. I wasn't getting any rest at all and was shaking uncontrollably from the hormones. I hadn't planned on getting an epidural but hadn't ruled it out since this was my first child and I had no idea what to expect. At 11:30 PM when I couldn't take it anymore, they checked my cervix and I was already 5 cm! I decided on getting the epidural so I could relax because I'd rather have that than to have pitocin and end up with a C Section. Had no issues with the epidural - in fact, it dilated me to a 9.5 and my water broke only TWENTY minutes after having it done! Brock was born vaginally shortly thereafter :-) I don't regret making that decision - in fact, I think everything happened the way it was meant to! He came out on his own and the nurse was trying to tell me to stop pushing because there was no doctor in the room yet, but there was no stopping him!

Anyway I just wanted to share this with everyone - even though it didn't go as planned, I couldn't be happier and I am so in love with my beautiful baby boy!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Totally and completely D.U.N. Done. I'm so *****y right now. I've decided to stick with it though because it prevents my co-workers from asking me for things. :tongue:
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Hoping the same for you too!!! My 2 yr old son was induced at 41.5, so I bet the contractions are a bit welcome :)
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Some of you already know, but I gave birth to my son Brock Stanley Crofford at 12:54 AM on Tuesday 2/12! I was 39 weeks pregnant. I thought I would share my birth story/experience:

I had been having high blood pressure issues and was put on modified bed rest last week, so Monday I was supposed to start working from home. I went in for monitoring on Monday morning and Brock was having decelerations in his heart rate because he kept compressing his cord. Next thing I know, I have the doctors telling me I had to go to the hospital to be induced and they had a bed ready and waiting for me. It was kind of scary and I had also been planning on a natural birth, but I didn't like the increased risk of stillbirth caused by the cord compressions and my amniotic fluid had also been dropping.

I got to the hospital around 10 AM and they decided to use Cervidil to ripen my cervix. I was at 1 cm and 70% effaced. Cervidil went in around 2:30 PM and at 4 PM they told me it would have to stay in for 12 hours and they wouldn't be checking me until 4 AM. Talk about a looooooooong night! Most women don't go into labor on their own with Cervidil and need a second dose plus pitocin :-( Well, that wasn't in the cards for me thankfully because my contractions started getting so strong and were only about a minute apart, one on top of another. I wasn't getting any rest at all and was shaking uncontrollably from the hormones. I hadn't planned on getting an epidural but hadn't ruled it out since this was my first child and I had no idea what to expect. At 11:30 PM when I couldn't take it anymore, they checked my cervix and I was already 5 cm! I decided on getting the epidural so I could relax because I'd rather have that than to have pitocin and end up with a C Section. Had no issues with the epidural - in fact, it dilated me to a 9.5 and my water broke only TWENTY minutes after having it done! Brock was born vaginally shortly thereafter :-) I don't regret making that decision - in fact, I think everything happened the way it was meant to! He came out on his own and the nurse was trying to tell me to stop pushing because there was no doctor in the room yet, but there was no stopping him!

Anyway I just wanted to share this with everyone - even though it didn't go as planned, I couldn't be happier and I am so in love with my beautiful baby boy!

Congratulations!!