Binge - 6.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    March 12th
    Me:12
    Binge:0
    Today i completed 4 weeks without binging!:drinker:

AWESOME!! Congratulations!

I noticed a few others are doing really well too. Great stuff :)

I almost had a binge yesterday. I was starving all day, eating every two hours and ended up having an unplanned snack that was bigger than it probably should have been. But, I was in control and I did stop myself from eating before it became uncontrolled and decided not to have dinner as I was still full. So I am counting yesterday as a victory to me!

March 12th
    Sarah: 7
    Binge Monster: 5
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    March 12

Me: 9
    Binge: 3
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    You know that self loathing/down feeling you get after a binge?
    Like your whole week could have went super and you were happy and positive all week.... then BAM, you binge. You feel terrible. The negative self talk floods back. You look in the mirror and you're not happy, you don't feel like working out, you feel like you've ruined everything... You feel less motivated in the weight loss goals... and that might carry on for a few days or so..

StrongerThanY,
    Yes, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. Just know that it won't last forever. I know it's hard to snap out of it. After my binges, it could take days for me to get back to normal. It blows. Treat tomorrow as a fresh start. You can do it!!!

((Hugs))
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,508 Member
    Terri - 11
    binge - 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Me: 2
    Binge: 0
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    March 12, 2013

Me: 9
    Binge: 3 (3/1,3/3, 3/7)

Binge-free for: 5 days
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    March 2013:
    Karen 6
    The Binge 5

Days Left 20

Binge Days
    3/1
    3/3
    3/6
    3/7
    3/8

Franrosew, WELCOME!!
    wllwsmmr, sorry you had a tough day. I binged for 3 days recently. It was awful. People without BED just do not get it. We can do this!!

StrongerThanY , I think being a bit depressed after a binge happens to me also.

Mollie, I have had extra calories and then binged. For some reason too many calories puts my mind in binge mode then I eat way to much.

SarahRea32 Way to go avoiding the binge.
  • roni1179
    roni1179 Posts: 30 Member
    Me-6
    Binge-1
    Haven't binged in three days and that is something that I cherish...Have to force myself to leave only a few calories otherwise I start to think I can eat more and do and it turns into a binge. Not happening anymore!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    March 2013:
    Mollie - 8
    The Binge - 4 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th)

Days did not log it all - 1 (10th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    StrongerThanY - yes I know the feeling well. Trying not to dwell on it is easier said than done. I've undone weeks worth of effort in a run of 3-4 days binging, because I could't forgive myself the first one. I have suffered depression over the years, I think this is a form a depression because it is certainly more than feeling blue. I've read that a lot of people with BED also have depression and researchers aren't sure whether it's the depression and low self esteem that leads to the BED or vice versa. With depression its often scored based on the effect its having on your life overall, if you're concerned you could see your Dr who can give you a written test to see if you are 'depressed'. My Dr is always happy to write a script but I prefer to use St John's wort, I'm not a fan of anti-depressants!

March 13/03/13

Sarah - 8
    The Binge - 5

Days in a row without binging : 4 :):):) best for a while
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    March 2013

Diane: 9
    Binge: 3
  • March 13th
    Me:13
    Binge:0
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    StrongerThanY - yes I know the feeling well. Trying not to dwell on it is easier said than done. I've undone weeks worth of effort in a run of 3-4 days binging, because I could't forgive myself the first one. I have suffered depression over the years, I think this is a form a depression because it is certainly more than feeling blue. I've read that a lot of people with BED also have depression and researchers aren't sure whether it's the depression and low self esteem that leads to the BED or vice versa. With depression its often scored based on the effect its having on your life overall, if you're concerned you could see your Dr who can give you a written test to see if you are 'depressed'. My Dr is always happy to write a script but I prefer to use St John's wort, I'm not a fan of anti-depressants!

March 13/03/13

Sarah - 8
    The Binge - 5

Days in a row without binging : 4 :):):) best for a while

I was just asking because it isn't a daily thing. I only feel very down after binge days and sometimes during times where I am thinking about all the weight I need to lose or how I could have been at my goal but messed up too much etc.

So.... I feel like I'm bipolar but it's outside causes that make me down. Binges and feeling bloated fat, I'll be down all day... but the days that I eat 'right' I feel happy.

Anyhow, yay for the 4 days!!! WTG!
  • toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Hey all. I'm relatively new to the group and MFP in general, and I hadn't posted my binge score yet because I thought I may have been able to control it, but I was wrong :(

Kim: 12
    The Binge: 1 (today)

Today just started on the wrong foot food/calorie wise. I went to breakfast at a restaurant for a friend's birthday, and while I thought I was being careful about what I selected and how much, adding it all up when I got home showed me I was dead wrong, and ended up having half of my days calories and macros at breakfast. I spent the rest of the day trying to eat enough to satiate myself while still trying to compensate for the morning. I worked out a little harder to try and gain some ground back. I made it to the end of the day, and then the urge to binge hit me. So yeah. I've definitely done worse but I just thought that I'd be stronger then this. I've logged everything in the 14th (since it's technically past midnight in Germany) so that this week will be honest, and I hope that when I wake up tomorrow I can feel better about this and get past it instead of allowing myself to go off the rails again.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Kate - 6.
    Binge - 7.

Struggled today. Woke up feeling really drained, probably due to it being a very heavy TOM, and that in turn had me feeling like binging or staying in and just sleeping. I felt too tired to go to the gym, basically, so my third day doing only a bit of walking, and I felt bad about it. I had to go out to get some things anyway, but getting coffee and something unhealthy to eat for yet another day was on my mind. I also bought a lot of Something I tend to find it hard to control myself with. I think I sort of live with this hope that it will just click one of these days, and that I will be able to go to bed without overeating it... You know, just have a few pieces of this food item and savour them, like anyone else.

Anyway, I called my boyfriend to say I was too tired to see him this evening, but he was in town too, so I caught up with him and spent a few hours walking around town with him, which stopped me sleeping, but also stopped me binging in the afternoon. Shared that piece of something with him instead of eating it all alone. I do know the solution for the most part, for me, is to not take my sleeping pill until safely in bed as it seems to have some effect on my appetite. I can be totally full after my usual bedtime food, and in control but as soon as my sleeping pill hits, the sense of fullness disappears and I seem to lose all willpower.

Cannot find any reference to this being a side effect of Temazepam either.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hey all. I'm relatively new to the group and MFP in general, and I hadn't posted my binge score yet because I thought I may have been able to control it, but I was wrong :(

Kim: 12
    The Binge: 1 (today)

Today just started on the wrong foot food/calorie wise. I went to breakfast at a restaurant for a friend's birthday, and while I thought I was being careful about what I selected and how much, adding it all up when I got home showed me I was dead wrong, and ended up having half of my days calories and macros at breakfast. I spent the rest of the day trying to eat enough to satiate myself while still trying to compensate for the morning. I worked out a little harder to try and gain some ground back. I made it to the end of the day, and then the urge to binge hit me. So yeah. I've definitely done worse but I just thought that I'd be stronger then this. I've logged everything in the 14th (since it's technically past midnight in Germany) so that this week will be honest, and I hope that when I wake up tomorrow I can feel better about this and get past it instead of allowing myself to go off the rails again.

I used to start each day at midnight but I found that if I woke up having already binged before bed, it just set me up for the sense that I had already overeaten so might as well not bother trying the rest of the day, so I now start each logging day when I wake up. I tend to stay up into the early hours, but am trying to get to bed earlier to help the situation. But if I do binge before bed, I am much more likely to get back on track with a clean slate for the day.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Kate: 12

Binge: 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Me: 3
    Binge: 0