Pics of our meals.

Options

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    How have I missed this thread??? I love food pics. My Pinterest is full of them. I have a low carb food website that I put my pics and recipes on. I am so behind. I have about 100 pics on my phone I need to dump. It's fun to see how others make things. Great inspiration!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    New to the group but not to low carb... here are a couple of meals I made recently!

li3wZhx.jpg
    Sausage, bacon, egg and cheese muffin with almond flour minute-biscuit.

Zfu5h.jpg
    Holy grail pizza - almond flour + cheese crust with loads of cheese and pepperoni.

Recipes please!! Yummy!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Recipes please!! Yummy!
    This is the almond flour/cheddar bread recipe I used for the breakfast biscuit. I replace the flaxseed meal with almond flour, I find it comes out less grainy and more yum that way. :)
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=376814

I used a round, flat tupperware to get that shape, it was perfect!

And this is the holy grail pizza crust recipe:
    http://www.pizzadelivery.org/recipes/the-holy-grail-pizza-recipe-10405/

Seriously the best low carb pizza I've ever had. Also insanely filling!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    Options
    Recipes please!! Yummy!
    This is the almond flour/cheddar bread recipe I used for the breakfast biscuit. I replace the flaxseed meal with almond flour, I find it comes out less grainy and more yum that way. :)

Thank you so much!!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bumpity, bump, bump!! YUM!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Recipes please!! Yummy!

Thank you so much! I need to try that pizza crust.

Do you use pre shredded cheese or do you shred it yourself?
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    0816121812.jpg
    0816121755.jpg
    0816121824.jpg

Oven Roasted Smokey Brisket
    Adapted from Paula Deen at Food Network

Ingredients

BUMP

4 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke (a little goes a long way)
    2 Tablespoons salt, kosher
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    1 Tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
    1 Tablespoon garlic powder
    1Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 Tablespoon sugar (splenda)
    1 bay leaf, ground
    1½ - 2 cups beef stock

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Start by rubbing brisket with the liquid smoke.In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dry mustard, sugar, ground bay and mix well. POur and rub in this seasoning mixture on both sides of the brisket, covering well. Place brisket into a roasting pan, uncovered, and roast for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, lower oven to 300° F. Add enough beef stock to coome up about ½ inch in pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue to cook for 3 hours, or until fork tender.

Trim any excess fat and slice thinly. Serve accompanied by pan juices.
    Serves 10

Cloud Bread
    3 eggs, separated
    3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1pk (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
    Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 2 Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white. 3 In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth. 4 In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. 5 Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much. 6 Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray. 7 With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across). 8 Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun). 9 Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board. 10 While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp. 11 Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1225121034_zpsd7bf707d.jpg

JIMMY MOORE'S UH-OH OOPSIE LOW-CARB FRENCH TOAST

6 large eggs
    2 packets of Splenda
    2 dashes of salt
    2 pinches of cream of tartar
    1 8-ounce box of cream cheese
    Cinnamon to taste
    Sweetener to taste
    Butter
    Sugar-free pancake syrup
    Whipped topping

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a bowl, mix the eggs, Splenda, salt, cream cheese, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and the sweetener of your choice (I used erythritol, but any sweetener--besides SUGAR!--will do) together with a mixer until blended and creamy.

Spray a baking pan (I used a 10 X 7) with non-stick spray and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for about 30 minutes until it resembles a cake. Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares. Put desired amounts of butter, sugar-free pancake syrup, and whipped topping on top and ENJOY!

Serves 6-8 and the net carb counts per serving are around 4-6 grams.

Gorgeous!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you use pre shredded cheese or do you shred it yourself?
    I always shred the crust cheese myself since there's so much, though sometimes for the toppings I just throw on pre-shredded mozzarella and call it good. The pre-shredded stuff almost always has a couple of carbs from the potato starches. The one I made last night came to about 4g net carbs per slice, with toppings. Enjoy!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    Options
    20130207_114034.jpg

Taco meat eggs over onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms with cheese:)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    3575f65f-d175-4b61-a403-1416c91e8af8_zps9bfaca8f.jpg
    0207131714_zps9cbdaa1c.jpg
  • IamOnMywayNow
    Options
    3575f65f-d175-4b61-a403-1416c91e8af8_zps9bfaca8f.jpg
    0207131714_zps9cbdaa1c.jpg

^^that looks amazing!! I will try that next week!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Last night's dinner ....

Broiled swordfish steaks ... brush with a little olive oil, salt and pepper ... broil on each side 3-4 minutes (can grill them, too, but it was raining)
    Spaghetti squash - cut in half, scoop out seeds, place squash face down on cookie sheet ... bake for 45 minutes at 375. Turn over, break out and serve with a fork
    Rustic tomato sauce - 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine, 2 cloves garlic - minced, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste, 15 sunburst yellow tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes or san marzano or romas) cut in half. Heat olive oil, saute garlic for about 2 minutes. Add wine, reduce by half. Add spices and tomatoes, cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5- 7 minutes.
    Green salad

tumblr_mi2gjmMCQI1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Easter Celebration 2013

Green Bean w/ Bacon and garlic
    photo.jpg

Nigella Lawson's Pasta Risotto , Panchetta, peas and Orzo pasta
    http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20130308/FOOD04/303080005/Recipe-Pasta-Risotto-Peas-Pancetta
    photo.jpg

The Leg of Lamb. Roasted in a Dijon mustard, rosemary, soy sauce and garlic marinade paste.
    photo.jpg

My Plate
    photo.jpg

Desert The Lamb Cake. An Easter tradition for the last 1/2 a century.
    photo.jpg
  • WowWowWanda
    WowWowWanda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same meals all week long. Here's mine from last week:
    Breakfast- poached egg on Canadian bacon, coffee
    1b14d547-0108-401e-ab0d-94b696536c94_zpsc5b93380.jpg

Lunch- hamburger with jalapeno jack cheese
    def88a36-dd48-45ea-9c03-bab7d5f5d75c_zpsd0910e79.jpg

After work Snack- meat and cheese, stuffed hot cherry peppers, sweet & sour cucumbers, vodka & soda (it's been a long day)
    4cdbef41-61bb-4fe0-9060-9ac9c46be1d6_zps29f8efda.jpg

Dinner- Garlic Parmesan Chicken, salad
    bd846d0a-4cb0-496b-9ac2-de8fc020b541_zpsda66b19d.jpg

The whole day nets about 10 carbs, so it's good for induction.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Here's one of my favorite "lower" carb breakfasts (as opposed to LOW carb), when I allow myself more than usual.
    Low carb tortillas w/ eggs, turkey sausage and onions.

IMG_20120515_133228.jpg

Simple chicken tenderloin w/ sauteed green beans. MY FAVORITE!

IMG_20120523_193858.jpg

My brand new favorite salad EVERRRR! Baby spinach, tomatoes, onions, bacon pieces, shredded parmesan (tastes good with feta too!), and walnuts. I sometimes omit the tomatoes to lower the carbs. Ugh. So good.

20130518_202237.jpg

Boring lunch from today. Two chicken patties w/ lettuce, tomato and some reduced sugar ketchup w/ lite olive oil mayo. I actually didn't eat the tomato. As much as I love tomatoes, I keep forgetting they are so high in carbs lol.

20130519_114727.jpg
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump