Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    So..how is everyone this fine morning? Today is my first 6 mile run since like....2002 lol....Can't wait. Hope everyone has been keeping track of their mileage....you will be suprised how far you will have gone by the end of this.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    So..how is everyone this fine morning? Today is my first 6 mile run since like....2002 lol....Can't wait. Hope everyone has been keeping track of their mileage....you will be suprised how far you will have gone by the end of this.

Have fun! I'm getting ready to head out for my first trail race. Only 4 miles but some big elevation changes and challenging terrain.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both today!!! And anyone else working in a run:) My soccer game was rained out so I'm not sure what I will plan in instead just yet.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Heading out for my run, and I'm going to tack a long walk on the end of it, since I ate at the Melting Pot yesterday. The weather looks gorgeous so I can't wait to hit the pavement and undo some of the caloric damage.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I"m new to this, finished week one and finding that my sides are achy. Is this normal? I ran outside for the first time yesterday. Figured my legs would hurt, but they're fine. Strange, but kind of amusing.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You use a lot more than just legs when running. Your core is involved to maintain posture, so yes it is normal to feel aches in your sides if you are not used to this.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Just finished W2D3 and it was killer! A lot of that had to do with the FL heat and the fact that I think I'm coming down with a cold. Once I got into the zone, I continued with a long walk and was out for over an hour. Stupid My Tracks fried again somI have no stats, but it was a great walk. It was so hard not to stop and pet all the cute dogs I saw though. I finally gave in to temptation and broke my stride to pet a cat. Now it's off to the hot tub for a reward soak.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Finished my trail race in 2nd place overall. My wife was first! It was supposed to be 4 miles but came out to 4.39 miles. I finished in a little over 40 minutes. Their official time is messed up for just about everyone (I won't even go into how unorganized the event was). I'm happy to be done and very proud of my wife. The last mile included a brutal uphill climb and I was pretty spent by then. I started the race a bit too fast and lost steam later. My data with lap time below:

Summary Total time: 40:10.0 Distance: 4.39 Average Pace: 9:05
    Mile 1 Pace: 8:08.6
    Mile 2 Pace: 9:17.1
    Mile 3 Pace: 9:07.3
    Mile 4 Pace: 11:01.4
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your race!!

Just finished w5d2.... The infamous w5d3 is next, and I'm not ganna lie. I'm nervous but I plan on gettin through it just like I have every other run. When I think I can't run any more I'm just going to keep running haha. Wish me luck!!
  • KatieD060982
    KatieD060982 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 3. I'm really slow but I completed it!!! ;)
  • timeasterday
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 Day 3. I'm really slow but I completed it!!! ;)

Congrats!! As long as you complete it - doesn't matter how fast or slow! Good job!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Awesome job on your race!!

Just finished w5d2.... The infamous w5d3 is next, and I'm not ganna lie. I'm nervous but I plan on gettin through it just like I have every other run. When I think I can't run any more I'm just going to keep running haha. Wish me luck!!

Thanks!! Best of luck to you!! Just take it easy and you'll get through it fine.
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started C25K and just did my first run since... well at least 15 years I think.

Anyway I've been walking for exercise for a while and thought I'd step it up a bit. Just completed W1D1 and quite enjoyed it.
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! That's the headrest part. Hopefully you will find the people here as encouraging and supportive as I have :)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I only ran once last week, I have just been really tired. I am in week 8, so it sucks that I had to take so many days off so close to the end.
  • Salty510
    Salty510 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W1, D1 today. Here I go!!!
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    W1, D1 today. Here I go!!!

Good luck and enjoy!
  • FestivalDiva
    Options
    I only ran once last week, I have just been really tired. I am in week 8, so it sucks that I had to take so many days off so close to the end.

I felt tired around week 8 and then into week 9 I thought it was due to muscle and body changes the runs seem to make me tired in a good way! Don't worry the end of the program will come soon enough! You've built up some great stamina up to this point so feel good about that! Good luck getting back 'in' the zone
  • FestivalDiva
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started C25K and just did my first run since... well at least 15 years I think.

Anyway I've been walking for exercise for a while and thought I'd step it up a bit. Just completed W1D1 and quite enjoyed it.

Excellent! I was in a similar place when I started the c25k having left it 22 years before I ran again ( due to the fact I disliked it so much) now I've finished c25k (last Friday) and really, really have enjoyed it! Here's to many more years of running :drinker:
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I finished week 2 yesterday and my next C25K day isn't until Tues., but I did an 80 min. walk today with some short bits of running in the beginning. It felt so good. Only bummer is I wore my new shoes, which are identical to my usual pair that are like clouds on my feet, but the new ones rubbed a small blister on my left toes. I think it might actually have been the sock. Hopefully that won't cause an issue on Tues. I never would have run voluntarily before, but even in the near 90 heat it felt good to run a bit.